Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #11
mamma_z
Registered Users

I used care.com to check out care options and found an in-home babysitter for a reasonable weekly cost.

Advertisement

mamma_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #12
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Working Retail: any daycare advice?

I get day care asst. From the state and am having the same issue. I cannot find a center open before 630 or after 6, or weekends. My youngest is an infant, and that compkicates it more. I have heard rumor of 24 hour centers, but have never actually found one, and dont know what ages they take.

A lot of my coworker have other employees watch their kids. But I am new to my job, and dont know anyone that well.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #13
Ladyflower
Registered Users

Re: Working Retail: any daycare advice?

I think if you can't always count on family your best bet would be to find an in home daycare. They will most likely be more flexible. We have been with our current in home daycare for 6 years and she is super flexible with schedules, which has been a huge help for us and many other parents. She does have parents who work retail so she does watch children on Saturdays as well. There have been quite a few occasions that she has let a child spend the night for any reason - work schedule, family emergency, even if mom and dad just want to go out for the night. She doesn't have to leave her house so it's really not much of an inconvienence to her. She also charges by the hour (for part time) or by the day for anything over 6 hours. And unlike many daycares she doesn't charge if your child isn't there.
Ladyflower is offline   Reply With Quote