Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
MyBelgianAzzy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help with growing pains, please? Also- cracking child?

Hey mamas... my 15 month old who was previously sleeping through the night has kept us up with relentless screaming the past few nights. We've changed diapers, reverted to Nutramigen in case her belly was hurting, dosed with Advil and Hyland's teething tablets, and still we have a miserable little girl. Last night we gave her half a Dramamine per her pediatrician's nurse, just so we could finally get some rest. I don't want to get in the habit of drugging my daughter to get her to sleep- are there any tried and true methods of relieving what I assume are growing pains?

Also, my daughter's bones are cracking (think cracking your finger joints) when my DBF or I pick her up. Even her teeny little wrists crack when you hold her hand. I have a doctor's appointment for her on Monday, just wondering if anyone else has encountered this?

Thanks mamas.

Advertisement

MyBelgianAzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
LagamorphLounge
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help with growing pains, please? Also- cracking child?

My boys both get growing pains, as did my hubs when he was a kid. My 3 year old wakes crying saying his feet and legs hurt. We went to a chiropractor that was trained in adjusting children and they both loved it. My son said that his legs didn't sound like popcorn anymore and that they didn't hurt We have to go for adjustments now only as needed, but in the beginning it was once a week for a few weeks. They both love going. HTH

Check out my etsy shop for cd'ing goodies & like us on Facebook for special offers
My ISO/IHA ... I'm always open for some trades!
LagamorphLounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
TooBusyBearcubs
Registered Users
Formerly: K**ten
seller

My Mood:

A little more info, mama?
How long do these crying jags last? Does your DD recognize you and respond appropriately? My children experience parasomnia (sleep confusion, etc.) on a fairly regular basis. Not saying your DD is going through that, but just be aware that it does happen.
The cracking noises, though - yeah, I'd get that checked out pretty quick.
Hope it gets better for her!
TooBusyBearcubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
MyBelgianAzzy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Get ready to read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBusyBearcubs View Post
A little more info, mama?
How long do these crying jags last?

About 30 minutes? If she starts to cry and continues past a few minutes, I go get her, I don't let her scream alone in her room. I realize that some folks will think I'm conditioning her to cry to get back up, but this is a painful/scared cry, and a child who usually sleeps just fine.

Does your DD recognize you and respond appropriately? My children experience parasomnia (sleep confusion, etc.) on a fairly regular basis. Not saying your DD is going through that, but just be aware that it does happen.

I've never heard of that... that sounds awful. Your poor little ones. She seems to recognize us right away, and reaches up for me or her dad when we go in. She's a daddy's girl and hates to cuddle anyone, but she wants us when she's having one of these episodes.

The cracking noises, though - yeah, I'd get that checked out pretty quick.
Hope it gets better for her!
Another note, not sure if it matters... when she's screaming/crying, if we try to lay her back down she's vocally and physically resistant. When she has come out to the living room and settled again, she's willing to lay back down without a fuss. She starts to cry again in a half hour to an hour, which makes me believe that she's falling asleep then waking back up. She's a very light sleeper, so cracking the door to see what she's up to isn't an option. She's quiet on the monitor for a while though.

THANK YOU to the mamas who took time out of what I'm sure is a busy day to reply.
MyBelgianAzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #5
cyanotype
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My 4 yr old gets growing pains and I find that in the moment heat helps her. We have some rice bags that I microwave and put on the spots that are hurting. Chiropractic care does wonders! If that is a viable option for you, give it a try.

My phone thinks it smarter than me. Please pardon any mistakes.
cyanotype is offline   Reply With Quote