Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
challmeyeralways
Registered Users
seller
seller

Weekly Chat May 28th

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe that it is Wednesday and nobody has started a new chat thread! I guess between busy days and FB we have kindof disappeared from here. I am jealous of the mama who just had an awesome family vacation! That sounded wonderful!
And to the mama who will be eating Choc covered strawberries and enjoying a prenatal massage... There just are not words :-) I hope you have a WONDERFUL time with your hunny!

This past weekend was fun for me... I got to go to a 31 party on Sat (and I was able to trade in a bag that I don't use for one that I really wanted) Sunday we went to church and then an impromptu trip to a U Pick Blueberry farm about an hour away with some friends... that was AWESOME!!! $2.50 lb and she was VERY generous with her scale... an hour or more of family fun and free munching along the way... Ice cream with friends afterward, and I have a freezer FULL of yummy blueberries WooHoo!!! We ended up picking 18 lbs

Monday, DH had the day off (that almost never happens) and we went out together... lunch date, car wash, lots of talking, and then to a friends for some information fact finding... DH is looking at the possibility of joining up with Christians in Action and what that might look like for our family...
When we went to pick up the kids from the sitter, we ended up spending the rest of the evening having dinner and visiting with them :-)

It was a VERY nice weekend :-) How about you all... what do you have coming up? During the week? the upcoming weekends?

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
chach4
Registered Users
seller

It is quiet huh?
Had a fun long weekend in the cabin in the woods. Tho the water pump blew so we didn't have water most of Sunday and monday, but It wasn't a big deal. Filled a pitcher from a neighbor for the necessities.
So I had a doc appt last Friday with another doc in the practice my doc is in(there are 5 and they like u to see each one once just so u know them in case they r on call on d-day).
Anyway, I love my Dr. She was fine with my decision for a vbac. THIS Dr, was kinda cocky, and he kept SAYING that its my decision, but was pushy and I think if I was his direct patient, he woulda been pushier yet. But he said he's a man and doesn't get why a woman would want to pee everytime she sneezed and why WOULDN'T u want another csec? And that if something happens and there is a rupture (which is a 1% risk), then its my fault for not choosing the csec. Which, I get, he is being honest, but there is a way to talk to people... I dunno, I guess if my doc had any of these issues why didn't she say anything? Or maybe its yet to come. He also couldn't believe that no one told me that at the first sign of labor, id have to go to hospital immediately, and my doc(or doc on call) would have to cancel all appts for that day and be by my side in case there is a rupture there is a doc there that can do surgery immediately... Well I didn't know.
Maybe he just doesn't wanna be the doc on call that day if its a weekend and have to be there with me. Actually he said (jokingly) that if that DID happen that he'd call my doc and make her go in. Which obviously id prefer.
I dunno, hubby and I left there sort of scared. But after talking we agree that its ONE pushy doc and if my doc is ok with it and how many other women have done it, then why can't I?
I get that there is an increased risk in a vbac. But how about the risk of a major surgery?
I SOOO don't want to go through that again. I had a tough recovery and was in ER 3 fridays in a row after all for diff issues. No thanks.

Last edited by chach4; 05-30-2012 at 01:28 PM.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat May 28th

OMGosh! Chach4- that doc sounds like a cuss word I can't use on here! Me and dh probably would have had a fight with him. YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!

Don't be ruled by fear in a VBAC. Number 1, that is a stupid policy about the doc by your side- I mean, you gotta relax to dilate, and an impatient doc by your bed is NOT going to help that! Also, a 'rupture', if you have a non-classical incision, is usually not like an EXPLOSION. It's usually a small tearing. It hurts REALLY bad, you say hey, something hurts really bad all of a sudden, then they quickly wheel in an ultrasound, confirm, and then they whisk you off to surgery. And both mom and baby have a great chance at a healthy outcome!

Also, do they want you to have an epi no matter what?

I know they want the epi in case of emergency,right? But without the epi, you can FEEL a tear if it happens (SO RARE anyway!!!). If I wanted a VBAC, I'd want to go no epi.

I know a lot of VBAC moms fight that one. Have you read up on the ICAN website? It is good. FWIW, 3 of my dear dear friends had homebirth VBACs with a midwife and none of them had issues and were all very glad they went for it. Another one had a VBAC in the hossy and she said it, too, was amazing. But her doc was quite supportive, so I do think that makes a difference.

Your doc is probably very different. I know my old OB was great, but his partners were totally rude and cranky. So I just prayed like the ****ens never to have to go in when he was not on call!

Last edited by momomom; 05-30-2012 at 02:05 PM.
momomom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

WOW! So funny. ****ens is not a bad word!!! ROFL!
Old 05-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
luvallmykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had a fun weekend.. hahaha that is a JOKE!!! We have had no rain in over a month so everything is drying up and its HOT...so everyone is using MORE water than normal and my hubby has put in alot of overtime! He works for the water dept for the county. So that happened, then we went to visit the inlaws and that was ok. My one SNL lost her baby 1yr ago April and now there are 2 of us that are pregnant... so it was VERY awkward being around her. She is very sensitive about baby things and you can't talk to her about anything other than the weather. So I was stressed out about it. Anyway glad that the weekend is over!! And I don't have to see her for another 6 months.
luvallmykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DH has been home for 2 weeks now, wow it's been nice to have him here and he's been so productive! We got the new french doors ordered and paid for and having installed in a few days, the whole house and deck got pressure washed, he painted the front and side doors, cleaned the garage, put up a new baby gate and a few other things, yay!!
Unfortunately he leaves on Monday for Alberta for 4 weeks. I hate getting used to him being home just to have him leave again.
Had my 30 week appt today and it went well! I only gained a pound in the last 2 weeks and my blood pressure was awesome again. Baby was kicking up a storm and was head down again. Since I can't take the glucose test they drew blood for a hemoglobin A1C which didn't hurt a bit. Next appt is at 32 weeks, only 3 more appts until I start going weekly! yay again!!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #7
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

ill
Catch up when i get home
From
Work!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #8
MrsD
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Finally getting Xander's things put away! Have almost all his clothes hung up & sorted by size, working on cleaning off the changing table. Crib is made up, I'll have to take a pic soon.
SAHM to Xander (8/1/12) & expecting #2 in February!
MrsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD View Post
Finally getting Xander's things put away! Have almost all his clothes hung up & sorted by size, working on cleaning off the changing table. Crib is made up, I'll have to take a pic soon.
OMGoodnss, this was so me at 28 weeks with DS#1!!!

First-time mamas, all I can say is, soak it in. That was such a honeymoon time for me and dh. Washing and folding and dreaming with no interruptions! Sigh.

All my baby stuff is in a tote, ready for EITHER Kansas OR Nebraska, as we still don't know. Dh is in negotiation on his contract and they are trying to nickel and dime him. Sooooo nervous. He HAS the job, but c'mon already and sign some papers dudes. We move in 3 weeks. Someone is supposed to put an offer on our house in KS this week. His company is trying to NOT pay for a house-hunting trip for us to Omaha. Ummmmmmm.

And dh wonders why I am so edgy.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #10
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

WHERE ARE OUR TICKERS? I can't see them and so I can't remember how pregnant I am- LOL!