Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom
OMGosh! Chach4- that doc sounds like a cuss word I can't use on here! Me and dh probably would have had a fight with him. YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!

Don't be ruled by fear in a VBAC. Number 1, that is a stupid policy about the doc by your side- I mean, you gotta relax to dilate, and an impatient doc by your bed is NOT going to help that! Also, a 'rupture', if you have a non-classical incision, is usually not like an EXPLOSION. It's usually a small tearing. It hurts REALLY bad, you say hey, something hurts really bad all of a sudden, then they quickly wheel in an ultrasound, confirm, and then they whisk you off to surgery. And both mom and baby have a great chance at a healthy outcome!

Also, do they want you to have an epi no matter what?

I know they want the epi in case of emergency,right? But without the epi, you can FEEL a tear if it happens (SO RARE anyway!!!). If I wanted a VBAC, I'd want to go no epi.

I know a lot of VBAC moms fight that one. Have you read up on the ICAN website? It is good. FWIW, 3 of my dear dear friends had homebirth VBACs with a midwife and none of them had issues and were all very glad they went for it. Another one had a VBAC in the hossy and she said it, too, was amazing. But her doc was quite supportive, so I do think that makes a difference.

Your doc is probably very different. I know my old OB was great, but his partners were totally rude and cranky. So I just prayed like the ****ens never to have to go in when he was not on call!
I agree that this doc is a "bad word".
Initially it scared us some, more dh than me. But after talking about what he said and his arrogance and such, were trying to not let it bother us. But it did make me realize I should do more research on it. I feel like a first time mom in a sense of I don't know what a contraction reps like, what the pain of labor will be and such. I appreciate any feedback if any others have had success (or failure) with vbacs.

Advertisement

chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:50 AM   #12
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Christina, that does sound like an amazing
Wkend!
Chach, that dr is just too MALE!!!! grrr!
Maureen, gotta love prego brain! I walked out the door yesterday without my keys so we were locked out! Luckily my oldest easily shimmied through a narrow window in the basement!
Meg: I agree! Enjoy the uninterrupted nesting you get only with baby #1!!

We had dds 2nd bday party in memorial day and it was the best party we have thrown! So much fun and my cousin even made it with her 11 day baby boy! I got to see my girlfriends who I havent seen in almost 3 mo since I had to give up my life for the extremely challenging last class of my degree! I almost cried! One of my girlfriends and I squealed so loudly with excitement that we caused her 1 yr old to freak out! Lol

I am hating waitressing. Customers get on my nerves more than ever. I hate how they awkwardly stare at mu belly but dont mention anything about me being prego like i have some disease. I hate waitressing even without a bump and now it is just so irritating. Oh well, at least I can look forward to 4-6 mo off soon . Then I am not going back. I still need my masters to get my real job thoug so we will see where i end up.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #13
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Speaking of pregnancy brain, the other day I got up to get a glass of lemonade. Took the pitcher out of the fridge, got out a knife to stir it, and put it back in the fridge, then took my glass to the couch and sat down, went to take a drink and uhhhhh, no lemonade in it. Yeah I forgot to pour it.
And last night at a friends house I was going to tell the host that this was the best popcorn I had ever had, and I had to stop mid scentence because I forgot what it was called. Someone else had to say "popcorn" for me....
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:44 AM   #14
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach4
Speaking of pregnancy brain, the other day I got up to get a glass of lemonade. Took the pitcher out of the fridge, got out a knife to stir it, and put it back in the fridge, then took my glass to the couch and sat down, went to take a drink and uhhhhh, no lemonade in it. Yeah I forgot to pour it.
And last night at a friends house I was going to tell the host that this was the best popcorn I had ever had, and I had to stop mid scentence because I forgot what it was called. Someone else had to say "popcorn" for me....
SERIOUSLY LOL!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #15
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekly Chat May 28th

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach4 View Post
I agree that this doc is a "bad word".
Initially it scared us some, more dh than me. But after talking about what he said and his arrogance and such, were trying to not let it bother us. But it did make me realize I should do more research on it. I feel like a first time mom in a sense of I don't know what a contraction reps like, what the pain of labor will be and such. I appreciate any feedback if any others have had success (or failure) with vbacs.
I'm a lil apprehensive too, I can't wait to visit with my doula, I think she'll help. She even gave me a reference that had vbacs, and homebirths, and that was great! So funny how you can call a complete stranger, and have a 45 min call about...childbirth, and feel like good friends when you hang up. Love it!
After reading many recommendations about Ina May Gaskins Guide to Childbirth book, I finally bought it, and just finished reading it. I'm not a person who normally buys books, but it was totally worth it!! I definetly recommend it. She also mentioned in the book that non-vbac's who are induced with various meds run the risk of a uterine rupture also, and how often do you hear a doc talk about that??? I think Drs fantasize on the small % of one thing and not other, prolly b/c of the lawsuit happy people in this era. I'll see how adamant my 'vbac friendly' dr is about me coming to the hospital right away. I do live 40-45 min away, but I'm thinking I will get a good start at home, then head there, and my sis will have an aprtmt up there that I could hopefully meet the doula and hang out until I really decide to go in. I wouldn't be totally against a home birth, but most of my family already thinks I'm nutso for trying a vbac, and home births are very unheard of here, and the closest midwife would be 2+ hours away (SD is supposedly illegal for doulas w/o midwives), and the closest hospital for the rare case of UR would be 20-40 min away. So I'll do the hosptial this time, and hopefully after a sucessful vbac, see what the next pg brings :-)
Good luck, and your not alone here!

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz

Last edited by NorwexMa; 06-01-2012 at 06:17 AM. Reason: book title
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #16
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Ok, everyone's tickler is working now....except mine...

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:52 PM   #17
mommato4kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach4 View Post
Old 05-31-2012, 01:09 PM   #18
challmeyeralways
Registered Users
seller
seller

how strange... I didn't even notice that the tickers were not there... but yeah, they are all missing. STRANGE!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #19
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've tried fixing my ticker but every time it just says it's expired. Oh well! Hopefully they will get them fixed soon.

DH just got an email this morning that he has to leave ASAP for Canada. I was supposed to have him until Monday afternoon and now he's leaving again for 4 weeks now. I've gotten used to having him home so this will take a little getting used to.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:41 PM   #20
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Christina- What does your dh do? Sounds tough. My dh will be traveling some for his new job, but we don't know the % yet.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote