Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #11
PinkInk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Have you told anyone?

This is the longest I've gone without posting on facebook, I made it about 8 hours and 5 hours in the past, I'm currently at like 16 hours... haha! I had previously planned to tell dh in a fun way. W/ our first I found out on Valentimes Day and I wrapped the pos test in a heart candy box. Second I was so shocked I came running out of the bathroom screaming (caught my first postpartum egg), and then this time I had planned on putting "newborn diapers" on a grocery list... but when I saw those 2 lines I couldn't help it and yelled it from the bathroom. I asked if he would have gotten it if I put it on a grocery list and he said no, he would have thought they were for the daycare (I have a home daycare), I'm glad I didn't torture myself and wait. I texted my friend a pic of the test next because she was the one who told me to take it because I asked her if my house smelled like a rotting seal when she had been over earlier, then our parents, my DDC fb group from my last birth and a few of my birth obsessed girl friends. We have a birthday party with most our friends, my brothers, and cousins this Friday so we are going to bring a big platter of cinnamon buns to announce the bun in the oven! I like doing fun things with announcements, anyone else have anything else like that planned?

Advertisement

Birth Boot Camp Certified Childbirth Educator training couples in natural childbirth.

I blog at In Pink Ink
PinkInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #12
brookglen
Registered Users

I am always so scared to make an announcement, like I'm some teen confessing to my parents that I'm pregnant or something. When we told my mother about my daughter I burst into tears. I was 27 years old! But I was so nervous about how she'd respond.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #13
PinkInk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm Italian... breeding is what we are expected to do! I'm the first grand child and have made the first/only grand babies so my announcements are always welcome.

Birth Boot Camp Certified Childbirth Educator training couples in natural childbirth.

I blog at In Pink Ink
Old 06-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #14
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
^we are Italian too with the only grandbabies
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #15
PinkInk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So you get it!

I blog at In Pink Ink
Old 06-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #16
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkInk View Post
This is the longest I've gone without posting on facebook, I made it about 8 hours and 5 hours in the past, I'm currently at like 16 hours... haha! I had previously planned to tell dh in a fun way. W/ our first I found out on Valentimes Day and I wrapped the pos test in a heart candy box. Second I was so shocked I came running out of the bathroom screaming (caught my first postpartum egg), and then this time I had planned on putting "newborn diapers" on a grocery list... but when I saw those 2 lines I couldn't help it and yelled it from the bathroom. I asked if he would have gotten it if I put it on a grocery list and he said no, he would have thought they were for the daycare (I have a home daycare), I'm glad I didn't torture myself and wait. I texted my friend a pic of the test next because she was the one who told me to take it because I asked her if my house smelled like a rotting seal when she had been over earlier, then our parents, my DDC fb group from my last birth and a few of my birth obsessed girl friends. We have a birthday party with most our friends, my brothers, and cousins this Friday so we are going to bring a big platter of cinnamon buns to announce the bun in the oven! I like doing fun things with announcements, anyone else have anything else like that planned?
haaa! You crack me up. "a rotting seal." Did you deliver early last time?? Because you said you told your DDC fb group, and I see you delivered in March 2011, but you're not in my March 11 DDC group I also told my fb chat group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkInk View Post
I'm Italian... breeding is what we are expected to do! I'm the first grand child and have made the first/only grand babies so my announcements are always welcome.
I'm not Italian... but we have the first grandbaby on both sides, so we're always being bugged for more.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
amandabarugh
Registered Users
seller

We've told friends, but we are not telling any family until we absolutely have to do so.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #18
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've only told DH and he told one of his brothers and a good friend. I am leaving tomorrow to go see my family but I don't know if I'm ready to tell them. I think if they ask about it I will tell them but if they don't then I will call them after I hear a heartbeat.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #19
allinmyhead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're planning on telling my parents this weekend. We (DH sews better than I do!) made DS a "Big Brother" tee to wear. We'll see how long it takes them to notice.

I plan a series of photos on facebook to announce things after my doc appointment next week. A jellybean in my hand, searching through the fridge with pickles and ice cream on the counter ... see how many people catch on
allinmyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:32 AM   #20
SillyEllie
Registered Users
Formerly: ardygurly
seller

My Mood:

only dh, dh's mom (and I'm sure his sister now) and 2 of my close friends know. I'm scared to say anything like another mama on here. I don't know why it's awkward for me! but I am scared to tell anyone until I have my first appt. to double confirm everything