Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2012, 05:51 AM   #21
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Have you told anyone?

Only DH and I know, and I'm not sure when we'll tell people... I'd sort of like to hang on to the news for a while, like as close to the end of 1st tri as possible, but DH is super-excited and can be a bit of a blabber mouth

We had a friend over the same day I got my BFP and I made DH promise not to tell, he didn't, but later that night he tells me, "it was a good thing I only had one beer, b/c if I had had even one more, I definitely would have told him!" Haha! And to think that for a few months, this is the same person that was adamant that we shouldn't have a 3rd! Love that man...

ETA: With DS, we were outed by friends around 6wks b/c it was NYE and I wasn't drinking, we told family after our 1st u/s at 9wks. With DD, it was about the same, 8-9wks.

Advertisement

Last edited by Caz; 06-10-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #22
abhernandez
Registered Users

My mom, mil, and my two best friends and my last ddc. With the first, we never told anyone and that was hard. With the second, we waited until 9 weeks and after the u/s and told everyone. And that was hard. So I realized it makes no difference either way for me... And with this one, I'm not eager to share the news. So no facebook announcements or shouting it from the roof tops. But I'm not hiding it. I'm done with hiding it.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #23
allinmyhead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just put some pics up on my facebook DH and I made the shirt.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #24
mandymatus
Registered Users

My Mood:

well we found out while on vacation in Hawaii. i was suspecting and kept asking my husband should i test, should i test. so he knew right away (i can never make it a surprise for him!) we waited bc we were there for my mom's wedding and we didn't want to take the spotlight of her. on our traveling day back i told my sister and her boyfriend (who were traveling with us)

just told my mom over the phone. was unsure how she'd react as i'll have a 2 1/2 yr old 16 month old and a newborn. i was afraid she'd not be happy. she sounded positive though...

waiting til tomorrow to tell my husband's family since we all getting together to celebrate his mom's birthday and father's day. we made a slide show with hawaii pictures with pic of the test at the end

i'm dying to tell everyone, but once the fam knows i'll tell our friends
Old 06-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #25
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

Only me, my husband, and his summer associate (intern) know. We like to keep it secret, but for some reason the day we found out he met her and she asked if we were planning on having more kids, and he told her!? Oh well, I am sure that it will still be kept quiet until we are ready to spill the beans.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:23 AM   #26
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i'm a mess...i can never wait more than a few hours...lol. The whole world knows.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:32 AM   #27
mandymatus
Registered Users

My Mood:

well shoot! my 21 month old has had a fever since yesterday so now i'm not sure we'll be able to go to the family thing (there are a ton other kids there to consider) really hope we are able to go tell everyone!
Old 06-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #28
haddockhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We've told just a few people. (DH was there when I found out, so he automatically new.)
I've told my previous DDC group, a group of close girl friends I do a bible study with, and my "adopted mom" figure we go to church with.
We have told NO family & probably won't tell them for a while. (I'm thinking 2nd trimester, after u/s...??) Babies are NOT welcome happy little things in our family... which is really sad & depressing & something I struggle with. After our last baby, everyone was like "well you're done right??" Granted, we weren't trying, we were going to try to wait another year or so... but we are totally happy & welcoming this sweet baby.
So we want to enjoy it for a while with our close friends who are happy for us before we get our parade rained on by our family!

ETA: Whenever we do announce, I do want to do some kind of fun little picture or something to post of Facebook. Not sure what yet. Maybe a picture of all my kiddos feet and say "Our family is growing by 2 feet" or something like that!

Last edited by haddockhouse; 06-17-2012 at 08:21 PM.
haddockhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #29
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok so far DH has told his whole family and most of his friends. I have only told 3 friends. I need to call my family sometime in the next week. I am dreading it though. I am willing to bet they won't freak about it or anything but I know as soon as I hang up the phone they'll be judging me. Last time they didn't seem thrilled but they didn't say anything negative so we shall see I guess. My grandma and aunt both only had 2 kids and they think that's just fine and my mom has 4 but I am much older and from a previous marriage so I think she feels more like she has 3 kids and then I'm just kinda the extra kid (does that make sense? lol). None of them seem to be open to the idea of having a large family. My Grandma has asked if we were going to "do something about this" after our last two. I wish I had a family that was super excited about new babies and that I had a close enough relationship to want to share everything with them .
Old 06-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #30
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hubby, MIL, and hubby's 92 yr old grandma (MIL's mom) knows. It was grandma who asked the week before I tested if I was (asked MIL and DH). Her asking is what prompted me to test. I'm planning on telling my mom (and ODD) after my appt (last Friday of June) since she will be watching my girls when I go then I'll announce on Facebook and call my dad and grandparents.

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote