Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #31
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Have you told anyone?

I tried to keep it a secret until today but the MS got too great so I told DH on 6/12. I told DH's family, DS, & DD this evening. We are visiting the IL's so my MS has been hard to hide.

My BFF knows but that is everyone. I am waiting until I get U/S confirmation before I say anything else.

Advertisement

kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #32
brookglen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddockhouse
We've told just a few people. (DH was there when I found out, so he automatically new.)
I've told my previous DDC group, a group of close girl friends I do a bible study with, and my "adopted mom" figure we go to church with.
We have told NO family & probably won't tell them for a while. (I'm thinking 2nd trimester, after u/s...??) Babies are NOT welcome happy little things in our family... which is really sad & depressing & something I struggle with. After our last baby, everyone was like "well you're done right??" Granted, we weren't trying, we were going to try to wait another year or so... but we are totally happy & welcoming this sweet baby.
So we want to enjoy it for a while with our close friends who are happy for us before we get our parade rained on by our family!

ETA: Whenever we do announce, I do want to do some kind of fun little picture or something to post of Facebook. Not sure what yet. Maybe a picture of all my kiddos feet and say "Our family is growing by 2 feet" or something like that!
I know the feeling. I just told my mom I was pregnant and her response was "oh, again?". I just had a miscarriage so I know she's just worried but for once I would love it if someone said congratulations when I announced that I was having a baby. My daughter was a surprise and we weren't even married yet so parents on both sides were really hard on us (my MIL got really drunk and my mom threatened to leave my house), btw i was 27 years old, we had our own home and both had really successful careers.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #33
laila
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches330
Ok so far DH has told his whole family and most of his friends. I have only told 3 friends. I need to call my family sometime in the next week. I am dreading it though. I am willing to bet they won't freak about it or anything but I know as soon as I hang up the phone they'll be judging me. Last time they didn't seem thrilled but they didn't say anything negative so we shall see I guess. My grandma and aunt both only had 2 kids and they think that's just fine and my mom has 4 but I am much older and from a previous marriage so I think she feels more like she has 3 kids and then I'm just kinda the extra kid (does that make sense? lol). None of them seem to be open to the idea of having a large family. My Grandma has asked if we were going to "do something about this" after our last two. I wish I had a family that was super excited about new babies and that I had a close enough relationship to want to share everything with them .
I can relate. Most of my relatives make negative comments when they find out I'm pregnant. Mom even lectures. Ugh. I never want to tell them.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #34
mommmy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by laila View Post
I can relate. Most of my relatives make negative comments when they find out I'm pregnant. Mom even lectures. Ugh. I never want to tell them.

Just told DH yesterday. Going to wait a few weeks before telling the rest of the family.
Emily , SAHM to Ava (08/08), Connor (01/10), Adrian (01/11), Logan (12/11) , Hannah and Olivia (12/12) , and expecting #100

Last edited by mommmy; 06-18-2012 at 12:42 PM.
mommmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #35
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by laila View Post
I don't understand why anybody else feels they have the right to be like that. I mean, unless they were financially supporting you or something why does it make any difference to them? I swear, when my kids start having kids I am going to make sure to act absolutely thrilled (even if I'm really not) because I never want them to have to feel this way.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #36
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've told DH and my best friend.

We won't tell family until I have to.

Our families will NOT be happy for us AT.ALL. Not even a little bit. They will be angry and upset and not the least bit happy. So, nope we're not telling them until it's NEED to know information (I'm honestly wondering if I can just avoid them until like October...and I'll tell them RIGHT before DD's birthday...)
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #37
danadelynn
Registered Users

DH knows of course, and another couple in our neighborhood knows because we are new to town and I needed to find a good dr. We have our US Wednesday, and I can't wait because it is killing me to keep it in. But we just want to make sure everything is okay before announcing. I'm sure everyone will be excited. My ILs are always expecting someone to be pregnant. I have one SIL who just had a baby, 2 more who are pregnant and another one that I'm sure will be pregnant before the end of the year. It's just always a guessing game to see who is next.
danadelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #38
haddockhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches330 View Post
I don't understand why anybody else feels they have the right to be like that. I mean, unless they were financially supporting you or something why does it make any difference to them? I swear, when my kids start having kids I am going to make sure to act absolutely thrilled (even if I'm really not) because I never want them to have to feel this way.
I've thought this exact same thing! I just don't get it! When I'm a grandma I AM going to be thrilled to have grandbabies!!! And even if not, I sure am not going to *discourage* a *pregnant momma*... what are people thinking?!?! I'm so sad that I can't share with my family & it be a joyful thing that is celebrated. I wish I could
haddockhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #39
newtocloth2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dh knows, and I plan to tell my mom, sister, grandma, and aunt this week and call a couple of my friends to tell them. I probably won't announce it on facebook until I hear a heartbeat, and who knows when we'll tell my in-laws. (We're not close to them.)
Old 06-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #40
Katiesara
Registered Users

Well, everyone at my church knows now. I went to Bible study yesterday and one of the ladies just kinda looked at me and excitedly said I was gonna have a baby. Lol
Katiesara is offline   Reply With Quote