Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #41
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Let's see your kids' rooms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
There is just a lot less "I don't want to be near you right now" in general since they have been sharing space.
THIS!!! 2 of mine share a room obviously, and they always want to be together. As I've mentioned before on DS, many of our friends are "quiverful" and have large families who's children share space. Rarely do we see a child not want company or demand their own space or things or activities. We do, however, see this in children accustomed to "their own".

Advertisement

Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #42
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We just redid DD's room with TONS of storage, I adore it because it's the one room in the house that is super-tidy all the time! I only have one pic so far, of the new bed. DD the bed - she has her stuffed animals on the top and mattress in the "underbed" as she calls it. She still sleeps in our bed, but she plays with "her" bed several times a day every day - great investment!

Old 10-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #43
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki
We just redid DD's room with TONS of storage, I adore it because it's the one room in the house that is super-tidy all the time! I only have one pic so far, of the new bed. DD the bed - she has her stuffed animals on the top and mattress in the "underbed" as she calls it. She still sleeps in our bed, but she plays with "her" bed several times a day every day - great investment!
I love that bed! It looks like a mini-bunk bed. Where did you get it? What size mattresses are those?
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #44
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love these!

Here is DD's room (the wall above her bed has a large tree with owls similar to what a PP had posted...I don't have a pic from that angle though):

Here is DS's room (the wall to the right in this photo is painted a slate grey to match his bedspread...again, don't have that angle though):
Old 10-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #45
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
I love that bed! It looks like a mini-bunk bed. Where did you get it? What size mattresses are those?
I believe those are IKEA. Though I am not the owner, so I don't mean to answer for her.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #46
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMQEMCABOOSE View Post
I believe those are IKEA. Though I am not the owner, so I don't mean to answer for her.
I'm not the poster either but it is an Ikea Kura bed, my boys have one as well. It is considered a mini-loft and can be used either with a mattress underneath or just as a loft. You can also flip it and use it as a regular twin bed. The boys love theirs. The only catch is you have to use a very thin mattress on the top "bunk". My oldest has a regular twin mattress on the bottom though.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10123996/
iris0110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #47
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
It's the Ikea Kura, and it is just amazing. You can have it set up as 2 bunk beds, a bed and a play area (above or below), or flip it over and it's a deep four-poster. We especially love that it takes a Twin mattress, so she can use it till college!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10123996/

We have just a platform on top with blankets for cushioning, and a Twin Tempur-Pedic on the bottom. I will say that Ikea means what they say when they say "Assembly Required." We basically got a giant box of lumber and a bunch of pictures. It took us about 3 hours to assemble - it is very sturdy when you finish, though!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #48
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay, seriously all these rooms are so neat and clean! No clutter, no toys everywhere. How do you all do that? Even if I clean up everything in site, 2 small tornadoes are right behind me causing mass toy chaos. And we seem to be just drowning in toys, but I cannot tell you where they all came from. Do they multiply at night?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #49
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thtr4me View Post
Okay, seriously all these rooms are so neat and clean! No clutter, no toys everywhere. How do you all do that? Even if I clean up everything in site, 2 small tornadoes are right behind me causing mass toy chaos. And we seem to be just drowning in toys, but I cannot tell you where they all came from. Do they multiply at night?
This is the rest of our house - crazy mess right after the house is totally cleaned. DD's room is the exception - the rule is one activity at a time, put away the first activity before starting another. Having enough storage for EVERY toy is essential - once you have a place for everything, things get way easier to handle. I can't wait to do the rest of our house.

Cleanup is super-easy: she just dumps the correct items in the correct bin. We have a mix of themed and sensory bins - like Dinosaurs, Fairy Tale Stuff, Dress Up, Wooden Blocks, Lego/Duplo... The most annoying to clean up is the "Colors and Feelings" bin with hundreds of pom poms.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #50
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thtr4me View Post
Our bedrooms are always this neat, 24/7 . There are only a few toys in their bedrooms and they are stored in bins and drawers. My guys don't play in their rooms much at all, though they have 30-60 minutes of roomtime daily. We don't leave roomtime until order is restored . We have a playmat with matchbox cars, a playmat with construction machines in the big boys room along with a "treasure" bin for each. Books are the main attraction in their rooms. Levi has a bin of weebles and weeble house, Viking machines and garage, foam blocks and a wooden shape sorter in his room in his black cabinet. Honestly, they sleep in their rooms and have quiet time to read on their beds whenever they want, and some roomtime daily. There's not many toys in their rooms, we purge constantly, and everything that is in there has a home and is easy for them to put away .

Now our living room where all the action happens gets a bit disorderly mid-day with various blocks creations, the art and craft table and all variety of trucks and men and animals. Its a battle scene daily. We clean up before nap, again before dad gets home, and before bedtime. Again, we purge constantly, everything has an assigned home that's easy for little people to put away, and they are taught when small what are play things and what aren't. Yes, if I'm not on the ball, toys multiply exponentially.