Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help me purchase my first longies!

Lately I have been dying to buy some longies for DD. I have no idea why seeing we are going into summer and it will be SUPER HOT here. I guess I'm just excited for fall to be here already.

Anyway, the only time we've used wool so far is at night, but I see all these super cute longies and I would love to buy some but have no idea where to start.

Where is your favorite place to buy longies? I love the Sbish longies but I'm having a hard time swallowing the $65 price tag. I don't even spend that much on my own pants!

Advertisement

d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
Ummsamiyah
Registered Users
seller

I have some knoodle knits I like so far. I just bought them. They are not super soft tho. I also have Kozy designs from eBay that are super soft and light. I believe they are considered day weight because that aren't as bullet proof as others. But I love them and can't wait to get more. I haven't tried anything else yet as it has been really uncomfortable here with heat and humidity.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum.
Ummsamiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Help me purchase my first longies!

Would it help with the price tag if you tell yourself you can resell for a good portion of the original price tag. You likely cann't do this with clothes you buy for yourself.

I would probably look at fsot. Get something you think looks pretty and is in your price range.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
A.Fred
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
Would it help with the price tag if you tell yourself you can resell for a good portion of the original price tag. You likely cann't do this with clothes you buy for yourself.

I would probably look at fsot. Get something you think looks pretty and is in your price range.
I agree. FSOT has a lot of amazing longies for decent prices! Start there Who knows..maybe you'll get the bug and start knitting
A.Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko

Good point! I love anything knit but I can't stomach the price tag of most of them, even though I have the money for it :/

I'm scared of the FSOT here I browse a lot but never know what to look for in choosing wool longies. I think most of the diapers are overpriced, so when I get to the wool part, I can't help to think that its overpriced too. How do you know if you're getting a good deal on something knitted?
Old 05-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
monkeybunns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hyenacart is a great place to go. The reason why knits are as expensive as they are is because yarn isn't cheap and it takes a long time to knit them up . I know I make FAR less than minimum wage and try to keep my prices down to what I'm OK with making to give our family a night out (a cheap night out lol). Anyways I'm a HC mama. You could always try Spots too. If you buy with Paypal you're protected if they don't send what they're supposed to or if there are any issues. Just make sure to always get insurance on your package
Old 05-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #7
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post

That does make me feel better but DH would probably officially think I'm crazy if I spent that much anyway.

Maybe I could find some cute longies from a WAHM.
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What size is your dd? If you used a chePer yarn you could find a yymn slot and probably spend around 40ish
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #9
MavericksMama
Registered Users
seller

I've always bought on FSOT. They are too cute, and it's not like you will be buying them for the same kid for 10 years. There is a small amount of time your kid will be happy in them. I've bought many different bases, but even the cheap Wool of the Andes ones I bought, I LOVED. They were really soft for the price.
MavericksMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #10
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

I use solid color yarns for most of my knitting and crocheting. Solid colors are definitely cheaper than colorways, so my prices reflect that. I have custom spots available this month. Just pm me if you are interested. Here are my links...

HC store- http://hyenacart.com/stores/HookedByCarolyn/

Knit gallery- http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3310583&type=3

Crochet gallery- http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3310583&type=3