Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
MacMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Having a hard time sleeping without DS

DH and I have been cosleeping with DS since he was born. He is now 10.5 months, and we want to have him sleeping in his crib by a year old. Last night was the first night we put him down in his crib in the nursery. We went to bed later, but I only made it an hour and was a nervous wreck, so I had to go get him and bring him in bed with is. So I guess I'm wondering if you have any advice on letting him sleep on his own? I have a sound monitor, but just got scared with silly things like, "what if he stops breathing?"

Advertisement

"But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me"
MacMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Turn the sound up so you can hear his baby snores. I get that way too, flashes of what if. Take a deep breath, tell yourself it'll be ok, have DH talk you down. The more nights everyone wakes up fine the less nervous you get. I also always check on both kiddos before I go to bed to make sure they are ok, then I can go to bed knowing everything is fine.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
MacMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Having a hard time sleeping without DS

I'll try to adjust the sensitivity on the monitor so I can hear his snores. All I can hear is the white noise maker in the background. Does it get easier each night? I was shocked at how hard it was for me to relax about it!
MacMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

It got easier for me after about the first 3 days or so... good luck!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
rosefall
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine were much older when we transitioned to the crib, but I still had that trouble. I think a lot of it had to do with my not falling asleep while nursing - the hormone release and all. It took a few weeks before I was easily able to fall asleep with them in the crib.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
MyPerfectLife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I still have trouble and mine are 10, 7, and 3.5 . When DH is gone we all sleep together!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum
Abby, SAHM mom to Maddy (10), Benny (7), Annie (3.5),and Joshy (1). Wife to my traveling hub for 11 years! Almost FT student (2nd time around). My life is not perfect, but I keep telling myself if I say it enough I will believe it!
MyPerfectLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
SarahS12
Registered Users

What about keeping the crib in your room for awhile to ease into it?
SarahS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
candlefire22
Registered Users
seller

I thought it was just me! DS is only 7 1/2 months so we are not putting him in his own room yet but just the thought stresses me out! Few weeks ago I laid him in his crib (in his sisters room) because he fell asleep while I ws getting her to sleep and my husband was like just leave him. You will hear him if he crystal... Well I left him but I didn't sleep a wink until he woke up and I brought him back to our room at like 12:30am! I just couldn't fall asleep! But maybe it has to do with being used to putting him to sleep while nursing. I beginning to think its as much a habit for me as it is for him
candlefire22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:27 PM   #9
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had DS in a bassinet in my room until he outgrew it at 2 months. For me, having a video monitor made the transition easier for me. I could turn it on any time and check that he was still breathing.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:27 AM   #10
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I don't think you ever completely outgrow it. I still check on my 13 year old daughter and almost 9 year old son in the middle of the night. When my husband is at work(night worker) I often sleep on the couch just to be nearer to the kids.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote