Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #11
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray
Yes, I am actually a 90% raw vegan .. so I understand... HOWEVER, this is not me buying mink from a store brand new this is a vintage mink fur coat that would have just been tossed out in the garbage. So its actually being upcycled, and most of these people are also environmentally friendly it takes a much larger toll on our environmental to make rubber soled boots or plastic fibered faux fur. I totally get the point of view, but not from an upcycled point.
I realize that it's being repurposed but some people who are very strict about the use of animal products wouldn't be okay with it, period. I don't have an issue with it. I was simply throwing some ideas out there is all since you asked. It really all depends on so many things, and again you very well may find it to be a successful venture!

Good luck!

Advertisement

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #12
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Interests in REAL fur booties?

I would be interested in the fall. I'll be looking to see if you go through with the idea. Perhaps if you chose to do custom. My son has wide feet and my chunky calves.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #13
havenlilianna
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would totally be interested!! Wisconsin winters can be brutal. I don't know if Canadian and us shoe sizes are different, or If you'd just like foot/ankle/leg measurements? How much are you thinking??

I'd really love to help you out. I have a 3 yo with big feet and a 13mo old with teensy tiny feet (which almost look silly, cause she wears 2t clothes!)
havenlilianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:30 AM   #14
havenlilianna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray

crunchy, i'm not familiar with the term ??? And yes from the standpoint of an animal rights activist I can see why, but not all believe that upcycling furs is a bad thing, some even believe its better than sitting in a landfill.I would not agree if I were to be buying sheets of fur new, but this was a vintage coat made booty lol I will post pics for those interested though and besides very warm lol especially when you live through Canadian winters.
Crunchy=hippy=natural

You are upcycling. The animals were already killed/skinned and it's over: rescue from the trash!

Plus? My 3 year old doesn't like socks and tries to wear his sandals in the winter. I think this would be awesome, cause he could probably wear sandals over them if he wanted.

I'm excited. I'm getting more crafty, but booties/shoes are too difficult for me so far.
havenlilianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #15
The Green Avacado
Registered Users
Formerly:MindingOurOwnBeeswax
seller

My Mood:

I'm still interested for my now 4mo old (but she would obviously not start wearing them til NOV. here in maine!) pm me if you end up going through with it!

WAHM behind The Green Avacado Custom Printed Shirts from Newborn - 5XL
Find My Custom Printed Shirts: DS Thread Or Etsy or Facebook
Save 10% on Etsy with coupon code: DSMAMA10
The Green Avacado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #16
Chasing Zen
Registered Users
Formerly: ccsmom11
seller

My Mood:

I think it's a wonderful idea Mama! Taking something that was once loved and beautiful and remaking it into something useful and loved is Awesome! I would like to see pictures as well when you have some to show
Old 06-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #17
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Very cool that you saved these from a landfill! I'd potentially be interested, but I'd need to see pictures before I made any decisions.
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #18
peaceloveowls
Registered Users
seller

If your planning on making a larger pair (toddler sized) by then we would be a size 8/9 toddler and I would totally be interested in a pair of knee highs depending on price.
I could (from a fashion standpoint) see them being worn with really cute leggings , tunic dresses and such
peaceloveowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #19
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefsteph82 View Post
i think its a great idea. you are using upcycled fur, its not you are going out killing animals to make these!! i would consider testing (in the fall) depending on price good luck and go for it!!
I agree
Old 06-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #20
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

I would be interested in testing a newborn sized pair depending on price and what they look like once finished

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote