Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:

I had a bad day today. I'm 10 weeks tomorrow. My last preg went fine but I really really hated my OB and don't want to go back. My gyn who I like doesn't deliver. She told me to call the other OB practice in town for an appt at 12 weeks.

Today, I called the new place to get an appt. Really I want to met the dr and see if I like him/her. I was told I would see a nurse 1st (soonest appt 2 weeks) but I couldnt have an appt until mid-July w/ the actual dr. I asked if it was normal to wait until 22 weeks to met the dr? The appt setter said no but that was the best she could do. I was so frustrated after being on the phone for 30 min and unhappy with trying met a dr, that I just hung up w/o an appt.

I really don't want to go back to the only other OB in town. How do I deal w/ this? Is it normal to wait so long to meet the dr? What's it going to be like if it takes 2 weeks to met the nurse and a month or more to see the dr?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
While I have been seeing the same dr for prenatal care in the military system you have a dr and when you deliver it's the luck of the draw. With DS I had the same ob the whole time but a different dr for delivery. It will be the same here as I'm due I'm August and my dr is being sent to another post in late July. I feel you but it's nothing that's a huge deal. At least you have 18 weeks to get to know the dr.
Andrea SAHM to Mason dec 09 and oue 12 week angel 2011. wife to my amazing soldier and hero Chris currently expecting our rainbow in AUGUST 2012!!!
andyoly82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:31 AM   #3
My Mood:
Re: FrustrStool

I wasn't 22 weeks, but it doesn't sound way out of the ordinary. We moved so I had to find a new practice and they had the same policy. My first appointment was at 8 weeks and the first one is with the nurse. The doctor was out of town the second time they wanted to have an appointment (12 weeks) so I just scheduled with the nurse again. Then I met the doctor at 16 weeks. They alternate doc/nurse for the appointments then so my next appt is only the second time I've met the doctor and I will be at 24 weeks.
heidisue is offline   Reply With Quote