Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #111
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My first hated the car too. She would scream herself sick. I used kid sized seabands that distracted her for awhile. Overall, I finally just had to let her grow out if it. It really sucks. Hugs!

Advertisement

estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #112
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is he in a bucket seat? I know when we switched mary to her convertible radian s seat, she was aso much happier. I dont think she liked being so reclined.

When shes a year I plan on getting her the angle adjuster so she can be even more upright.

With none of my kids have I ever sat in the backseat. Life is life. We have to drive places, so they just have to learn or be sasd. It stinks, but what can you do.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #113
TripleMbride
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Coming out from lurking for a quick update

Dd is 9 months old had ZERO teeth, she's walking, waving, still figuring out clapping, LOVES to eat and thanks to baby led weaning she's like a vulture and eats off of everyone's plate after she finishes her own, still nursing and drinking expressed milk from a straw sippy while I'm at work.

I love reading and seeing what everyone else is up to!

Is anyone planning to TTC again? Or is everyone done?
We aren't sure...I'd love another but dh is on the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 06-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #114
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Stacey, I agree with Melissa on the carseat. If he's in a bucket seat, get him a convertible. There are tons of options for different price points that will last him a loooong time. Unfortunately many parents think rearfacing is the culprit and turn them forward too soon. He should stay rearfacing until at least 2 so a convertible seat will be needed anyways. If your dd needs recommendations on seats go to the carseat forum under Parenting.

If he's already I'm a convertible seat, make sure it's as upright as is allowed for the seat, Plenty of soft toys or distractions for him to toy with, A mirror that straps on to the headrest and can't become a projectile might work... And lastly...some kids get carsick or just don't like to be restrained. He is pretty mobile right? He may just not like that he isn't free to move and explore. In that case, he'll have to tough it out, IT WILL PASS!! And to your dd- that is way stressful!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 06-24-2012 at 11:50 AM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #115
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: AUGUST 2011 - Its June!!

Funny story to share..

DH was always the one that was content to just have 1 child.. but went along with what I wanted but has always been DONE..

Last night we were talking about something and I had mentioned AF starting, and he said, "oh good, You aren't pregnant!" and I said, "right, I have a IUD, I never thought I was.." He said, "I know.. I'm just glad because I want to wait until these ones are out of diapers atleast" "I sat there stunned for a second, and said, "You want to have more kids?" and he said, "when these ones are out of diapers" (FYI: Jake is still in diapers, dang kid wants nothing to do with the potty) I said" are you kidding me? When these ones are out of diapers, that's like a couple years from now? are you nuts?!"

THEN he backtracked. lol THEN he said, "well I mean when these ones are out of diapers AND we talk about it for like 5 years..

Yeah. Okay.

I think he wants to have more kids.. and just isn't saying it. That's freaky. I told him last night the only way I could be talked into it would be if we had a bigger house and more money... oh and was promised that it would be a completely normal Girl that liked actual Girl stuff. lol Having 2 kids with Anixety, one with Aspergers and the girl being more than a tomboy, but just a boy.. I would need to be promised that.

Either way, he's freaking nuts. lol

I just thought it was crazy that he said any of that to me.. he thinks I'm just waiting until they get out of diapers? No way! lol

Oh to add.. Levi is 10 months old now. He's 30.5inches and 18.7lbs (hasn't really gained any, but he's running around in the walker now) they want him back in a month because he's not hitting milestones, but I'm not worried about it. They think he should becrawling walking and cruising furniture and tons of other crap he's not doing, but it's mostly because I have to keep him safe in the walker, I've got 2 big kids that run though the house like it's on fire all day long. I can't just leave him on the floor. lol

I know he'll pick it up eventually, and the doctor wants him back to see what he's doing in a month, probably more of the same, they will refer him to the childrens center for a assessment, and by the time all that is done, he'll probably be right on track. lol The walking range is huge, and crawling is the least of my concerns (we also have hardwood floors, no one wants to crawl on that. lol)

Anyway, got some plants to plant, so I gotta go. Sorry, no pictures right now. I'll be back with some later. I didn't end up taking a 10m shot, It normally drops off at this point in the monthly pictures. lol

Last edited by jenn5388; 06-24-2012 at 01:09 PM.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #116
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Jenn that is crazy! I wonder what he really wants....

Well, it's happened. I woke up this morning and AF showed her ugly face. Now I just want to crawl back in bad and have an all day nursing session with dd.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #117
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Such a crazy month around here. Little Miss sue is busy these days. She is a crawling maniac, and is stair climbing, cruising around furniture and behind toys. I think so is just scared to let go, when she does even more trouble She says mama, dada, baba (our cat Baylor) and Lala DD. Yesterday she was so mad because she couldn't figure out how to stand and clap without completely letting go, she tried using an elbow to cling on. Quite funny to watch actually. She still has zero teeth! This is from Memorial Day

We got her first walking shoes this past weekend, she has the opposite feet of DD, she has tiny foot syndrome she is a whopping size 1 or a 0-3 month shoe. Stride right laughed at how small of walker shoes she needed and didn't have any in stock (i think they start at size 3) so she ended up with tiny nikes. I'd post a picture but I have a loaner phone yet again seriously I'm phone number 5 of the year they just keep breaking, I do not reccommend droid incredibles.

This is my latest crafty project, I used scrap fabric and serged with edges with one flat fabric and the other side tactile, then painted the alphabet on the flat side. FIL is making her a wooden box with a Kleenex blog like opening for her to pull them in and out of.

Her weight is doing okay she weighed in at 16lbs 1oz, a 4oz gain on the month. Friday is the GI check and we get the results of the celiacs genetic tests. I think it's negative as they sent me a copy of the test results, I googles them. She doesn't have the specific HLA- DQA or B *subtype that is usually associated with celiacs but she does have variants of both HLA-DQA and B. If that makes sense!

Trying to sort my house in air shipment, sea shipment and storage.... Oh the fun! August 16th is the big day.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #118
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

And I need to post my Goodmama stash for sale as there is no way I'll get them to dry in Shanghai, it's just too humid there I'm pretty bummed about it. Britt I've been using your FSOT as a pricing guide.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #119
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

here's a levi shot.

that was last night with the beater from the mashed potatos. His favorite

He's my last little baby and I don't care if he ever walks/crawls/stands.. But we took him out of the walker today and put him on the floor for several hours t play to see what he'd do. and he sat there.. Played with toys.. and moved nowhere.

I have to say, I kinda like having a baby that I can still set down at 10 months old and he stays where I left him. lol I don't have to worry about him eating a spider off the wall in a corner, or some dirt or rocks that get tracked in... kinda nice. lol

Went down today to buy the older kids shoes today (sandals) miranda's in a 2.5 and got jake his 9.5, but I should of gotten him a 10.5. Poor kid. He's always complaining about his shoes, now I know why. so I'll return those tomorrow and get the bigger size.

Levi has no shoes.. well besides the 6-12m pedipeds that don't really fit anymore.. but being he's not walking, he has no reason to get shoes either. lol
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:29 PM   #120
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS is a big guy(22lbs) with small feet. His size 2's are a bit big. I just got him some Nike sandals in size 2 and they come right off. His 0-6mth Robeez fit with growing room. LOL! I'm used to this, though, because DD had/has tiny feet. She has been in a size 8 toddler since last September. She's three, 41lbs and 41" with itty, bitty feet.