Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #141
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
Amy thats tough and I can see why you would be nervous about AF. I actually get excited when I do not get it and am not pregnant.

Britt--The back of the radian is super long and hits we drive a jeep cherokee. It hits up against the seat no matter how hard I try to prop the cs up and can not get the front seat any further forward. I am really nervous about taking Blu out of a seat not bc he won't sit but bc I want the most safe option possible and I know that it is harness. I am thinking I will just suck it up and get another radian.
Ok- If you think maturity is an issue, and it may very well be since many kids aren't ready until 5 or 6, get another ff harness seat for Blu and still pass Dow the other radian to Peyton. If your open rf Tanner at least until Peyton is over one, you could put him behind the driver seat with an angle adjuster under the carseat. That should buy you about 4". If you don't need three across, go for a combo seat instead for Blu. Graco Nautilus or Evenflo SecureKid 300 or 400 are decently priced and may fit nicely in between two rf seats. BRU has both, you could try before you buy.

OR if you'd prefer something really short for behind the drivers seat you go with a Combi Coccoro for Peyton but it won't be as long lasting

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 06-27-2012 at 06:16 PM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #142
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: AUGUST 2011 - Its June!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
Ok- If you think maturity is an issue, and it may very well be since many kids aren't ready until 5 or 6, get another ff harness seat for Blu and still pass Dow the other radian to Peyton. If your open rf Tanner at least until Peyton is over one, you could put him behind the driver seat with an angle adjuster under the carseat. That should buy you about 4". If you don't need three across, go for a combo seat instead for Blu. Graco Nautilus or Evenflo SecureKid 300 or 400 are decently priced and may fit nicely in between two rf seats. BRU has both, you could try before you buy.

OR if you'd prefer something really short for behind the drivers seat you go with a Combi Coccoro for Peyton but it won't be as long lasting
thank you so much for ll of your help, I will check them all out!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #143
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow, look at all the mommies who speak 'carseat'...my 'carseat'-ese is very limited. "bucket" "convertable" "booster" "forward facing" "rear facing" the end. lol, so glad there are people who know these things!
speaking of carseats...where should the shoulder straps be? Purchased a new carseat for sydney and kezia now has her old one and as I'm adjusting it back down to size, I suddenly am not sure where they should hit on her. just going blank.

amy oh, I am so sorry about your experiencing breast cancer. what a scare that must have been. Hoping AF is just late or delayed somewhere...you know, giving some other poor woman an extended visit. sorry, dumb joke, but please keep us up to date on that.

speaking of af...not sure if I am late or 're-setting.' i'm on the mini pill, and i think i only had my period during the proper time twice since I've been taking it. so I'll be half way through the pills and ta-dah! there she is. it's super annoying, but I really do not want to go see a doc and change prescriptions. super lame, i know...apparently I'd rather complain than do something about it. we were planning on getting an IUD, but my cervix was so dang tight and tilted, that the doc couldn't even get in to do the pap first.
i'm nearly 100% sure we are done, but I'm nervous about anything perminent yet don't like the uncertainty either. again, just need to make an appointment and see what can be done.

well, I'm off to bed...tomorrow is crazy finish setting up for our garage sale day. going to have it friday and saturday...ya'll are welcome to stop on by! thankfully, wayne's parents are coming down tomorrow to help watch the kids while I do the rummage and wayne works. can't imagine doing one with the kiddos around...they are already a little freaked that "the kids" are going to take away some of their toys.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #144
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Naomi, good luck on the garage sale! As for the carseat for Kezia, the straps should be at or below her shoulders for rear-facing. For Sydney since she is ff, they need to be at or above.

AFM... Ive had a rough day. Took dd to the dr this morning bc I was convinced she had an ear infection. Nope- just lots of wax which they cleared. Since then she has cried nearly all day with little to no nap. Around 11 Nathan said he was too sleepy to eat lunch. *ALERT!* I then took his temperature and it was 103.9. Tylenol...nothing. Four hours later...104. He slept all day long literally and I just gave him more Tylenol and pray it helps this time. He looks so sick. When do I take him in? My kids almost never run fevers...

Old 06-28-2012, 07:03 AM   #145
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Brittney - oh no! poor babies. hope he is doing better today. if not, i'd probably take him in...I'd be worried about a high fever like that lasting so long. hopefully it is just a little 24 hour bug
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:05 AM   #146
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Poor guy! 104 is high to me. I always give my kids Motrin for high fevers...seems to work better, and longer. I usually don't make an appt until one of the girls have had a fever for 72 hours, but you may want to at least place a call to the nurses line just for a consult since it is so high. Hope he feels better soon!

Last edited by katengrace; 06-28-2012 at 08:59 AM.
katengrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #147
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well Motrin kicked butt. Fever is down, he is still very sleepy and not feeling great so will keep an eye out today. Thanks for the thoughts!!!

Old 06-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #148
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Prayers and positive healing thoughts his way.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #149
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and not to freak you out, but a high fever for a couple of days is how hfm starts. Just to be safe I'd try to separate him from the other kids especially if he starts complaining of his throat hurting. I just remember you saying it was going around in your area.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #150
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by katengrace
Oh, and not to freak you out, but a high fever for a couple of days is how hfm starts. Just to be safe I'd try to separate him from the other kids especially if he starts complaining of his throat hurting. I just remember you saying it was going around in your area.
I know I googled last night again and now I'm freaked out again. How long after the fever does the rash show up?