Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2012, 02:09 AM   #31
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: AUGUST 2011 - Its June!!

Well I'm in Hawaii hanging with dd and dgs! Yay!! (oh yeah, and dsil ).

Dd had a dr visit yesterday and we heard the new little one's heartbeat for the first time. What a wonderful sound - music to this Granny's ears!

We went to Whole Foods Tuesday so I could stock us up on groceries for my stay, and we cooked Tuesday evening. Yesterday was the doctor then we rode out to Wainae to look around (not exciting, but it was someplace we hadn't gone when I was here last summer). We stopped at a good little pho restaurant in Kapolei for some vegetarian pho for dinner - yum!!

This morning we hit up Manabu's for some Musubi (omg I LOVE the stuff), then went to the Honolulu zoo, which was quite a nice zoo. We came back home and went swimming for a bit, then got cleaned up and I cooked some tilapia filets, shrimp, green beans and a big salad. Dd made a sun-dried tomato sauce she wanted to try and we drizzled it on top of the fish and shrimp. Yum!

I just finished reading dgs some books and chasing him up and down the hall. Now I'm in my bed - been going to bed early cuz I'm still on my Louisiana time!

Advertisement

greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #32
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Britt--I am so sorry you are sick

Stacey--Sounds like heaven!!!!! I envy you right now and all the yummy fresh food you are enjoying!

AFM: We are in the serious thinking place. Not sure if we will move yet. Our own minds really play some serious games with us. We will figure it out soon enough. Best part is --either way we know we will be happy!!!!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #33
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Britt, I feel ya, I'm totally sick too. I'M feeling tons better but now I have laryngitis .

Stacey, I'm trying so hard not to be jealous of you right now. Lol. If you guys ever make it up to the north shore during your visit, be sure to hit up Surfin Tacos, Kahuku Grill and or Spaghettini, and of course Mosimotos Shaved Ice... I can taste it all now I can't wait until we can take our kiddos to hawaii next year!

Wow, my already fighting, it's only 7:03am, ugh
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #34
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

because I knew you gals would enjoy this...

my bro and sis-in-law are pregnant with #2. my brother picked the name for their first child (Kaemi [KAY-me]). His wife is trying to have her turn, but my brother posted these names on facebook a while back as options...

Here are the boy / girl versions:
- Chap / Chapi
- McOvington / McOvingtoni
- Essay / Essi
- Taard / Taardi
- Cadia / Cadia
- Blanch / Blanchik
- Locke / Locki
- Trale / Tramp
- Eustice / Eusticia
- Leip / Leipi
- Jon / Jon

yeah, can you say nuts??? oh, and his name is Jon, hence the last option. lol, he is a crazy talented worker (the company he works for CREATED a job for him so that he would not transfer to another company...he is Vice President of Marketing for a high end business real estate company) and is big into branding and marketability. His personal fav from the list is McOvington, says it would make for good marketing. good grief. I'm thinking, that's all well and good, but names like those would work best for a kid if they are super outgoing or competative like he is. if he has a shy child, poor thing would get teased to death! a boy named Blanch???
i know it is mostly in jest, but then again...
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #35
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh Naomi I just love you! You totally made my day.

FIL is here.... Yea. I need the whoopdeedo smiley. here are some highlights:
-Told Izzy he was turning off her cartoon to watch news because it was "boring for him"
-Told me that not everyone can eat vegetarian and I should have stuff on hand For him to eat. I politely showed Him the keys to the car!
-Asked Ray if he ever drops Casper because he's so heavy.
-Told June she could have coffee, but not a smoothie or a snack that she asked for. Hmmm... No.
-called Ray's cell at work to ask how to use his treadmill. When Ray didn't pick up he proceeds to call..... His work!!!! While I am in the next room.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #36
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh, I hear ya melissa. kids woke up at 6 this morning. brutal. they were up late, no school today, so I was kinda hoping for 7:30...7:30! is that too much to ask for!?! :tapfoot: lol yeah, by 7:30 sydney had already been sent to her room to cool off twice, and elijah had screamed bloody murder at least 10 times. and kezia just sat in her chair chomping cheerios. yup, I was ready for nap time.

in other news...KEZIA HAS TEETH! 2 bottom teeth finally popped through. poor thing was just miserable the other night, and I think that is why. unfortunately, even the little bit I do see seems to be the bad teeth from wayne's side of the family. we'll see

whew, sitting in front of a fan....81 degrees outside and 80 degrees in our house. i'm thinking after supper we'll go outside and put some water in the empty crab sandbox and have us a nice cool down.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #37
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by estradaamyl View Post
Oh Naomi I just love you! You totally made my day.
aww, thanks, that made my day.
and ohmagosh on FIL. and isn't he staying for a couple weeks or something? oh good luck. I get along fine with wayne's parents, but I still find it a little awkward when they are he when wayne is at work...can't imagine dealing with such a lovely personality. oh dear, complain away! we'll comiserate with ya, and probably have a chuckle or two.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #38
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Stella is miserable with teething. School is out so DD is driving me nuts. My grandfather is dying most likely in the next few days. On track for China august 15. And that's me in a nutshell
Old 06-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #39
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Melissa, we will definitely make it to north shore. Thanks for the restaurant recs! I have this trip and one more in August, and I think my Hawaii visiting days will be over. Dd and her dh should be heading to Virginia for a few years. It won't be Hawaii, but I sure will be glad they are going to be a few thousand miles closer!

Wow, that is an interesting name list!

Britt, I sure hope you get to feeling better!
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:11 AM   #40
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wow naomi please dont let yyour brother name his child Taard. Lol! Please!

Anywho, anyone else ever do this: i wass tired so i laid down after putting the kids to bed and slept until 230 am! I woke up like what in the world?? Soo i did dishes and took a shower
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote