Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
PerfectFifth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
No Braxton Hicks... I'm a little nervous

I'm about 37 weeks along and haven't experiences contractions in any shape or form yet. Same thing happened with DS- I think I had one 20-minute episode of BHs and that was it- and he ended up in a c-section at 40 weeks. Are there any mamas who never had BH and ended up having successful vaginal deliveries? I feel like the only one in the world that doesn't get Braxton Hicks!!

Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: No Braxton Hicks... I'm a little nervous

I never did & 2 vag births & 2 days after due date. I wasn't told on back labor or other things first time around so I got scared 2nd time around. They just say u might. My sis in law saidd her bh hurt mmore than real labor.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
sunyflwr
Registered Users
seller

I had a ton of BH with my first. She ended up breech and a c-section. This last pregnancy I was sooo nervous because I didnt feel a darn thing. My water broke at 38.5 weeks and the first contractions I felt were 6 hrs after my water broke and I was in labor. I went on to have a successful VBAC.

Good luck!!
sunyflwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No BH contractions with either DS. both vaginal deliveries. DS1 needed pitocin to get things going after high leak/no contractions/but 4cm dialated/4 weeks early. DS2 what I thought were BH were actaully contractions, but very very light. Still worked an 8hr day. He was born 10min after water broke.

Needless to say I am sacared to death this time around.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
pharmmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No BH with #1, very few BH with #2, and a ton of BH with #3 this time. This kid likes to hit me with some BH 1-2 times a day. First 2 were vaginal and I'm anticipating this one will be too.
Pharmacist, wife to a nerdy chemist, and proud mama to Leta (12/2006), Derek (4/2009) and Viola (7/2012). Now if only I could figure out a way to quit my job and still pay my student loans all would be well with the world.
pharmmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

i didn't have a single contraction, braxton hicks or otherwise, not a thing with ds. up until 3 days before my due date when my water spontaneously broke. THEN contractions started, probably within an hour. and 7 hrs later he was born vaginally!

with this one, i've been feeling braxton hicks for months, but here i am, 40 weeks and 4 days, and no sign of labor....
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my first, I didn't even have one BH before going into labor. I labored for a long time, but I had a successful vaginal delivery.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
erkelly
Registered Users
seller
seller

I didn't have a single contraction until 6 days before DS was born, I felt a little something (I thought he was just kicking my bladder) which I guess dilated me to 1 cm. I stayed that way for 4 days. Then I started having slight belly pains on my due date, was directed to the hospital and was told I was having contractions 2-5 minutes apart. They sent me home, and 2 days later my water broke and my son was born naturally less than 3 hours later.

I say all this because I had no idea anything I felt were contractions. I just thought he was kicking me or laying on some organs. So it is possible that I did have some BH contractions and never knew it. But either way, I had a totally successful vaginal delivery with no (known) contractions throughout pregnancy!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #9
erkelly
Registered Users
seller
seller

I didn't have a single contraction until 6 days before DS was born, I felt a little something (I thought he was just kicking my bladder) which I guess dilated me to 1 cm. I stayed that way for 4 days. Then I started having slight belly pains on my due date, was directed to the hospital and was told I was having contractions 2-5 minutes apart. They sent me home, and 2 days later my water broke and my son was born naturally less than 3 hours later.

I say all this because I had no idea anything I felt were contractions. I just thought he was kicking me or laying on some organs. So it is possible that I did have some BH contractions and never knew it. But either way, I had a totally successful vaginal delivery with no (known) contractions throughout pregnancy!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
bcarroll9494
Registered Users
seller
seller

No BH for me either. DD1 was 2 days "late" and DD2 was 8 days past EDD. Both vaginal deliveries.
So see - it isn't unusual at all, you're not the only one!

Unique hand-dyed diapers and more.
bcarroll9494 is offline   Reply With Quote