Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #11
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Re: Glucose Test :(

I have only did the three hour test and failed. I have GD It is not fun to take the test. You fast overnight drink the same drink and they test you when you arrive and every hour after. It made me really sick. If you can have someone drive you do. I was pretty light headed afterwards. With GD you do have to eat a lot of protein but there are more options than you think. You can still have fruit and cereal but they will teach you all of that if needed. Try not to worry too much.

Advertisement

Old 06-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #12
luvthefluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

with dd i passed both..with ds i passed both but still developed gd at a little over 30 weeks..this time they tested me at 10 weeks since i had gd last time. failed the 1 hr but passed 3 hr.(at 10 weeks) just did the 1 hr at 28 weeks and failed. going in tomorrow for the 3 hour which i hope i pass...but im not even letting a pass convinvce me since i had gd with ds after passing both! good luck mamma! oh and i know every doctor is different but with my 3 hours..i drink the same drink as with the 1 hour and they draw blood the 1 2 3 hour. so only 3 blood draws still a pain in the rear tho!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #13
alliecatn1
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthefluff
with dd i passed both..with ds i passed both but still developed gd at a little over 30 weeks..this time they tested me at 10 weeks since i had gd last time. failed the 1 hr but passed 3 hr.(at 10 weeks) just did the 1 hr at 28 weeks and failed. going in tomorrow for the 3 hour which i hope i pass...but im not even letting a pass convinvce me since i had gd with ds after passing both! good luck mamma! oh and i know every doctor is different but with my 3 hours..i drink the same drink as with the 1 hour and they draw blood the 1 2 3 hour. so only 3 blood draws still a pain in the rear tho!
How did you find out you had developed it later? What symptoms were you having?

Over the moon!! After 17 months of TTC, our sweet miracle, Corwin Gregory, was born August 29, 2012!! ...And our surprise baby #2 is due April 16, 2014
alliecatn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #14
jakeysmama
Registered Users
seller

Oh goodness, that was AWFUL. 7 bottles of water, 8 jabs, 2 blown veins, and them finally going into my wrist (sooooo painful) and the test is finally done. Now I just have to wait for the results.

Thanks for all your support ladies!
Old 06-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #15
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^ Oh ouch! Hopefully it all turns out okay after that mess.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #16
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^ Oh ouch! Hopefully it all turns out okay after that mess.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #17
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeysmama View Post
Oh goodness, that was AWFUL. 7 bottles of water, 8 jabs, 2 blown veins, and them finally going into my wrist (sooooo painful) and the test is finally done. Now I just have to wait for the results.

Thanks for all your support ladies!
they let you have water??? i took mine yesterday and was given a SIP of water after 1.5hrs because i told them i was either going to throw u or pass out

i'm sorry they had such a bad time drawing your blood i hope you feel better and that you pass your test! raying:

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #18
jakeysmama
Registered Users
seller

They forced the water because they couldn't find my veins. She kept walking past me and putting another bottle of water in my hands.

But thankfully, I PASSED! No GD. Thank goodness! I have no idea why I failed the first with such a high number but I am so happy not to have to worry about it.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #19
luvthefluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliecatn1 View Post
How did you find out you had developed it later? What symptoms were you having?
I went in for a routine every 2 week apt and the nurse came in with a finger poke saying there was high sugar in my urine and my finger poke had a blood sugar level of 220! they check for sugar in your urine at every appt when they check for protein. so it will be easy to catch. as for symptoms i didnt really have any other than weight gain and the fact my baby was measuring 7 weeks ahead! fatigue was a factor alot but i thought that was just cause i was preggo! lol i was also very thirsty all the time and going potty alot! i failed my 3 hour this time on monday luckily by not a whole lot so no meds for now...just a new diet. my son was born a month early weighing over 8 lbs LOL
Old 06-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #20
alliecatn1
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia.aline

they let you have water??? i took mine yesterday and was given a SIP of water after 1.5hrs because i told them i was either going to throw u or pass out

i'm sorry they had such a bad time drawing your blood i hope you feel better and that you pass your test! raying:
Water won't effect your bs reading, it just makes it harder to get your veins if you don't have it! They should have given you all you want!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthefluff

I went in for a routine every 2 week apt and the nurse came in with a finger poke saying there was high sugar in my urine and my finger poke had a blood sugar level of 220! they check for sugar in your urine at every appt when they check for protein. so it will be easy to catch. as for symptoms i didnt really have any other than weight gain and the fact my baby was measuring 7 weeks ahead! fatigue was a factor alot but i thought that was just cause i was preggo! lol i was also very thirsty all the time and going potty alot! i failed my 3 hour this time on monday luckily by not a whole lot so no meds for now...just a new diet. my son was born a month early weighing over 8 lbs LOL
8 lbs at 4 weeks early, my goodness! Did they induce you early or did he come on his own? I don't get urine checks at each appt (only at the first two appts) but I have my one hour this Tuesday. Sorry you failed your three hour but at least its just diet changes and not insulin! Take good care of yourself, mama :-)

Over the moon!! After 17 months of TTC, our sweet miracle, Corwin Gregory, was born August 29, 2012!! ...And our surprise baby #2 is due April 16, 2014
alliecatn1 is offline   Reply With Quote