Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
ideas for dinner tonight using plain breakfast sausage links?

I have some plain breakfast sausage links. Homemade. Not much flavor (not many seasonings added) other than the pork flavor...I told DH to pick out something and he grabbed these from the freezer. I'm not sure what to make out of them.
I had thought about macaroni soup and slice them in it, but my sister may be up for dinner tonight and she's not big on macaroni soup. Also thought to maybe bake them with some onions, mushrooms and pork gravy and make some mashed potatos and another veggie. I'm not sure what else to do. We aren't hungry for a breakfast dinner or I'd do that. Any ideas?

Advertisement

Old 06-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I like the idea with gravy.

Or maybe an Italian dish with sausage??

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ideas for dinner tonight using plain breakfast sausage links?

I'm really liking that idea too.
Sausage with mushrooms, onions, gravy over noodles sounds good too...or speghetti type deal with sausage in it rather than ground beef could work, I suppose. I just don't know which I want to make!! I'd like to be more creative with it...lol. Today it's a rainy day and we have tornado warnings and severe weather watch so I'd like some sort of easy and quick to make comfort food. :thumsbup: Now that I posted on here, I have all these ideas. Go figure.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
rebekka117
Registered Users
seller

i cook it, chop it into bite size chunks and stir it into cooked brown rice, add a cup of cheese, can of diced tomatos, lots of chili powder, chili pepper, oregano salt and pepper. quick and easy!
rebekka117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
rebekka117
Registered Users
seller

i cook it, chop it into bite size chunks and stir it into cooked brown rice, add a cup of cheese, can of diced tomatos, lots of chili powder, chili pepper, oregano salt and pepper. quick and easy!
rebekka117 is offline   Reply With Quote