Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: m2bs11n5
My previously sweet, gentle, loving boy has been replaced by a really frustrated, aggressive and misunderstood little boy. I can handle the issues with hitting people, but lately he seems to really want to just annihilate our cat. We've had pets his entire life. Our dog died tragically two weeks ago, but this issue with our cat has been going on since before that. He used to love her, she's gentle, so that's not the issue. But she's young, so she's playful. If she touches his toys or goes in his room he freaks out. He'll push her, kick and swat at her, or pick her up and lock her in the bathroom. I must find her locked in there twenty times a day. I let her out and he melts down. It's to the point now that I keep telling myself it's just a phase, he'll grow out of it, but I am spending all day on cat patrol to make sure he doesn't hurt her. I'm exhausted. He loves on her and pets her sometimes. But 90% of the time he is constantly worried she'll come near him, play with his stuff, or eat his food. When I'm at my wits end I'll put her in my room for some peace. She is a very friendly cat, so I'm baffled by his behavior. He's beginning to act out towards my 6yo touching his toys as well. He has also begun kicking/punching DH & me.

Please help me or share your experiences. I feel so frustrated and alone right now.

I'm starting to feel like I should rehome the cat so she doesn't get hurt, but our family (esp. my 6yo) would be devastated.

Jesse - student midwife & mama to four amazing kiddos DS1 (8), DS2 (6), DS3 (2), DD (7 mo)

Last edited by mamashhon; 06-02-2012 at 07:35 AM.
mamashhon is offline   Reply With Quote