Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Types of "morning" sickness?

I know that women suffer many ways with MS. My mom and middle sister had vomiting for the entire 9 months. My elder sister had nausea/vomiting for 5 months. I had horrific nausea with DS that lasted 12 days (lost 20lbs because of it). Then with DD I threw up twice with no nausea.

Are there other types out there? I started bad MS with this one 3 days after I got my BFP. I could control it with Zofran, Ginger, & Peppermint. It lasted 2 weeks. Then at 6 weeks a different kind of nausea popped up. I feel like I am going to throw up all the time. There is very little nausea. I also have to retch at least 2-3 times a day and it coincides with the feeling of something running down the back of my throat.

Has anyone else had anything like this? I just don't think this is MS but I am not sure how to tell my OB on Monday as I can't pinpoint what this is.

Advertisement

kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
ktktbird
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Types of "morning" sickness?

That sounds more like acid reflux to me, or some kind of sinus drippage. Either of those can cause nausea and throat problems ... Hope u can get it figured out!!
ktktbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktktbird View Post
That sounds more like acid reflux to me, or some kind of sinus drippage. Either of those can cause nausea and throat problems ... Hope u can get it figured out!!
My guess was sinus stuff. I tried taking sudafed today and my feeling/retching got worse. Next step was Mucinex.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

With DD1, I was rarely nauseaous, but often, eating would cause me to run to the bathroom. With DD2, similar. With DD3 it was more of just a general all day upset stomach, I only threw up a couple of times. With this one I have only actually thrown up like twice, but my stomach is upset most of the time, even now.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With DS1 I had undiagnosed IBS. From 7-11 weeks I would get insanely nauseas and dry heave along with mega cramping for 2 hours every morning. Then, it was smooth sailing after 11 weeks.

This time around, I knew how to control my IBS so I know my nausea wasn't from that. I just had terrible nausea until about 14 weeks (lost about 10lbs). No vomiting, but I can barely eat and its hard to function period with the type ofnausea I get. The nausea has just returned at 32 weeks. Yuck.

I have phenergan and zofran butonly had to take a phenergan once or twice this pregnancy. Unisom did the trick in the first trimester thankfully.

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #6
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i had low grade nausea with all of mine, it only lasted a couple weeks and typically happened during the evening time i threw up once with all of my pg's
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #7
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had different MS with different pregnancies and at different times.
With my twins I threw up once in the morning when I would brush my teeth before school. I would have some throwing up at night but just usually If I ate specific things or too much or if I got really upset (often because of fighting with their bio) but I lost a good 10lbs. Started about 10wks and stopped by 14-16wks.

With my 3rd it was different. I had a lot of migraines and vomiting. I would throw up at night as well after eating but not much throughout the day. BUT I threw up my whole pregnancy with him, up until 2 days overdue the night before I was induced.

With my 4th it was very similar to above. Migraines, lots of vomiting but stopped by 4 mos.

With my 5th it was AWFUL!!! I was sick all.day.long!! I would come home from work at lunch and lay on the couch and ear whatever sounded tolerable at the moment. I lost a lot of weight, didn't gain through my 2nd trimester. I was throwing up blood from a Mallory-weiss tear. I had migraines as well that brought me into the ER dehydrated. No one ever mentioned Zofran, only gave me Phenergan, Tigan... Nothing helped!! Finally around 24wks it stopped, but still
didn't gain for another month or so.

I fully anticipated my 6th pregnancy to be worse than before, had Unisom & B6, Compezine suppositories, Phenergan tablets, Preggy Pop Drops... Hahaha... It never hit! I did throw up once in the morning like with my twins but only for a few weeks. I threw up twice at night after eating too quickly. If I slept past 7:30am I didn't even get sick so it was really M-F. I couldn't have been more thrilled!! BUT I had horrible heartburn and acid reflux! I took 150mg of Zantac every day for weeks! And BTW, he didn't have any hair!! LOL I thought for sure he would be born with a full head of hair with all that heartburn!!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I may have "cured" my all day sickness! I took a Mucinex last night and was sick until I went to sleep. I woke up at 5am and there was no feeling of needing to throw up! I went back to sleep and woke up at 9am and felt a bit sick. I got up and took another Mucinex while sipping on iced tea and snacking. I have had the feeling of needing to throw up but on a scale of 1-10 it is a 1 where it has gone up to a 10 some days the past 4 weeks.

I am hoping that this is my "cure". I am at least grateful that I have been free of being sick for a few hours.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #9
ktktbird
Registered Users

My Mood:

Woo hoo!! It feels like such a miracle when you get to not be nauseous!! Prayers for you to continue to have more times like that!
ktktbird is offline   Reply With Quote