Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #31
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
My first 2 are 12 months apart. I wont lie...it was hard, but I was also only 18 when I had 2 kids.

My 3rd and 4th are 21 months apart and best friends.

Then we have our 4th and 5th that are 16 months apart and it was a breeze.

The only downfall We have noticed is that our children that are closer in age, are more distant to each other. One and two were ok as littles, but fought a lot, and still do. As teens now they are not very close. (they hang out and all that but prefer to be with their friends alone)

My other 2 girls that are 16 months apart are also not very close, they bicker and argue a lot as well. Hopefully that changes as they get older. They play a lot together, but they do love to push each others buttons!

That said we have 7 kids, and I would looooove more. I have lots of patience though, and spend almost every waking hour with my children. We homeschool and do things as a family rather than separate things. With babies close in age you have to be patient. The growth that occurs until 3 years old is massive and each one needs their own mommy/daddy time, they need so much in those first few years that it can be very hard to manage your time. A 16 month old is still very much a baby and it can be confusing to add a sibling so quickly, but in the end I think it was worth it for us.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Advertisement

ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #32
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

My older two are 15 months apart. My daughter is 4 and my son is 3, and they are best friends. She's small and he's big, so people think they are twins very often, but their language skills are quite different. We are really working on him having some independence from her, as she will start Pre-K this year and he obviously cannot go with her. Because they are so close, this honestly breaks my heart. I think he thinks that they are equals, because physically they are, and he understands everything she does, as well, he just can't say all of it.

I'd be lying if I said they never argued, because they do. But not like my sister and I did - 7 years apart. They miss each other when they're apart. Today was the first day of VBS. She went to the 4yo class, and he went with me when I volunteered in the nursery. When we went to get her, they held hands all the way to the car! I will try to find some pics of various ages. Brb.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #33
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Anyone have kids 15-18 months apart? Pics? Advice?

Mine are 19 months apart, DD is only 6 months old now but they're already bestest friends. It was a super smooth transition for us, DS was independent enough to not need me every second, but not old enough to have gotten used to being an only child yet. I'm hoping there's a similar spacing for the next one.

sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #34
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory
My older two are 15 months apart. My daughter is 4 and my son is 3, and they are best friends. She's small and he's big, so people think they are twins very often, but their language skills are quite different. We are really working on him having some independence from her, as she will start Pre-K this year and he obviously cannot go with her. Because they are so close, this honestly breaks my heart. I think he thinks that they are equals, because physically they are, and he understands everything she does, as well, he just can't say all of it.

I'd be lying if I said they never argued, because they do. But not like my sister and I did - 7 years apart. They miss each other when they're apart. Today was the first day of VBS. She went to the 4yo class, and he went with me when I volunteered in the nursery. When we went to get her, they held hands all the way to the car! I will try to find some pics of various ages. Brb.
How much would you hate me for asking a slew of questions to you, since mine will 15m apart and I'm mortified?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #35
tonewinwy
Registered Users

My Mood:

My Nephews are almost 17 months apart. Like all they have their fighting moments and times when they get along really really well.

Here's a pic of my older Nephew letting his younger brother drive the car. He runs right into the slide.

Here they are during one of my younger Nephews OT sessions.

Halloween 2011

They're both sleeping in my younger Nephews bed.
It's OK, next time I'll make you listen. I wish that it were in the power of all children to say that to their parents and to know that indeed they would be heard as we were in those wonderful days on Waltons Mountain.Narrator The Waltons (From the Runaway in Season 3 Eposide 4.)
tonewinwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #36
Dory
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh

How much would you hate me for asking a slew of questions to you, since mine will 15m apart and I'm mortified?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
No problem! I'll try not to scare you
Old 06-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #37
lucysgreenmomma
Registered Users
seller

Thank you so much for all these replies!!! I'm due with our second in November and DD will be 15 months old. I have gotten ZERO support from my family with this pregnancy. (I think my mom is offended I didn't do things the way she did, my brother and I are 5 YEARS apart) I am thrilled to be pregnant again and can't wait to see what this little bean adds to our family! Thank you mommas for being encouraging! I know having them so close in age isn't for everyone, but it's been nice to read success stories!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:36 AM   #38
Dory
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is my favorite of them. It's when she met him

18mo & 3mo. I think she wanted to hold him.

Love this one from last spring maybe

This weekend. She was feeding her "baby."
Old 06-05-2012, 07:05 AM   #39
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here are two pics - the first is Christmas after DS1 was born, so in the picture they are roughly 6 months, 20 months, and 3 years.

The second is Christmas after DS2 was born, so in the picture they are roughly 9 months, 2.5, 3.5, and 5.

I don't have any yet of all 5 of them together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0001b.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	107626   Click image for larger version

Name:	kids2010.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	107627  
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #40
SkyeSpade
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucysgreenmomma
Thank you so much for all these replies!!! I'm due with our second in November and DD will be 15 months old. I have gotten ZERO support from my family with this pregnancy. (I think my mom is offended I didn't do things the way she did, my brother and I are 5 YEARS apart) I am thrilled to be pregnant again and can't wait to see what this little bean adds to our family! Thank you mommas for being encouraging! I know having them so close in age isn't for everyone, but it's been nice to read success stories!
I know the feeling. We planned our boys to 18 months apart. I night weaned DS1 to encourage AF to return.

Apparently, we caught the first egg, since they were 17 months instead

When I told my mom we were pregnant, she responded with "Oops." I was really hurt. But now with them here, I love it!