Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Weekly chat, week of June 4th

Good morning all.
How was everyone's weekend?
We had to do repairs, replace water pump, fix garden hose (a harder task than we thought), and TRIED to replace a part in our furnace (our house had a geothermal furnace in it, so it uses groundwater to heat/cool the house as well as heat hot water. So its kinda complicated and turns out hubby wasn't able to replace what needed to replace. He tried for about 4 hrs and was unsucessful.
We also had a wedding Saturday night. Which we didn't stay too late for since everyone we knew left right after dinner. And I wasn't in the dancing mood....so we went to a movie, something we almost never do. Saw what to expect when ur expecting. It was funny.
Are everyones kiddos done with school?
This is the last week here for students. Hubby is a teacher/athletic director, his last day is next Monday, but he has projects in the summer to work on and will have meetings to attend (the bleachers on the football field were condemned so they need a quarter million to replace them, so that is an issue he will spend some time on this summer...) He also will be doing some side jobs with friends roofing. But he will still have time at home more this summer than summers past, which, this is my first summer not working, so that will be fun. Have lots of deep cleaning plans, as well as repairs, and spending time as a fam and doing fun (free) things. So looking forward to that.
This will be my last week with my daycare boys (as their parents are teachers.) So, that will be weird. But we will have a lot of playdates this summer with them I'm sure. Will be tough as I won't have any income.. which I've worked since I was 15, sometimes 2 and 3 jobs, even thru college, so it is very weird to me to have NO income. But worth it to be able to be with my little man and this babe....

What's on everyone's agenda for the week?

Advertisement

chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
mommato4kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly chat, week of June 4th

We have a fairly low key week around here. Midwife apt today. Play date later this week but not too much going on. We'll be going to the zoo Friday night.

DH and I had a great weekend celebrating 10 years!! So relaxing and fun!!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pretty low key week here as well. Nothing major planned, other than an ultrasound on Friday (they are concerned about my placenta being too close to my cervix and want to doublecheck its location). DH is out of town for work until late Friday, so it's just me and the kiddo this week. I'll be trying to get some stuff done around the house, and buying some baby stuff that we still need to get.

It's the last week of school for our town, too. But my son is just shy of 2 years old ,so that doesn't really affect us. My nephew finished up his first year of preschool last week, and my niece finishes her first week of kindergarten this week. So I imagine I'll start seeing more of them soon. They came over yesterday and went to the park with DS, then played in our backyard for a bit.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our kids have been out of school for almost 2 weeks now and they are already driving me nuts! lol And today is a rainy day so they are stuck inside. Ahhhhh!!
DH is in Canada until June 19th so it's just me and the kiddos.

I had a gall bladder attack yesterday I haven't had one in 6 months since I was put in the hospital last time. It wasn't as bad as the one that put me in the hospital but it was still nasty and it hurt! Lasted about 1 1/2 hours but now I feel fine. I'm just hoping that was it and there won't be anymore. I've put myself back on a lowfat diet for now until I can see my OB. I'm too far along now for them to do surgery so I'm stuck being in pain until after the baby is born. I was really hoping I could keep surgery away until the baby was born and a little older but now it seems I'm going to have to have it out as soon as she's born. Not too happy about that.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Low key. Friends for lunch. Concert by us swimming @ pool...better than last weekend
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dr. Today, get house ready for everything,help hubby get scrap ready to go, get junk ready for garage sale(price), find something to do while basement is bombed,talk with va about grandmas benefits.....all the things I am forgetting.......lol
Old 06-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #7
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

MAJOR VENT!!!!

Not low key here. I spent 8 hours packing yesterday and woke up with a breech baby, so sore I could hardly move. Baby did flip back down after some excercising/ yoga, but she is still moving as LOT and she may turn again.

And I still have A LOT of packing to do.

In 2 weeks I leave to drive 9 hours- ALONE. Then 7 days after that, I drive 15 hours ALONE (as in, alone with 3 kids). Then 3 days later, I drive 5 more hours. ALONE.

We sold our house but we got PEANUTS for it. That means either we buy a much less expensive house, wipe out our emergency savings to get the down payment, or rent.

DH and I are fighting about rentals. He wants to spend more, and I want t o spend less. I think he wants something bigger/ nicer so his parents will feel comfortable visiting after baby and I could care LESS about that. I am so mad at him I was on the verge of screaming at him yesterday.

Plus dh is acting weird about food. Yesterday he turned up his nose at my breakfast and lunch, then almost fainted, then got McDonald's after lunch and ate it in front of the kids. Um, I wanted to murder him and I am actually still really mad at him. (We have been eating new foods and rotating foods, so our diet is a little funky right now.)

I don't even want to see him or talk to him today.

His company has now decided they WILL pay for us to go on a trip to Omaha, like in 2 days, but I'm not even excited because we basically can't buy a house so what's the point.

I have no one in real life who is interested in my woes, so thanks y'all for listening.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #8
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow ..... Yeah I'd be POd too!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #9
mommato4kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
MAJOR VENT!!!!

Not low key here. I spent 8 hours packing yesterday and woke up with a breech baby, so sore I could hardly move. Baby did flip back down after some excercising/ yoga, but she is still moving as LOT and she may turn again.

And I still have A LOT of packing to do.

In 2 weeks I leave to drive 9 hours- ALONE. Then 7 days after that, I drive 15 hours ALONE (as in, alone with 3 kids). Then 3 days later, I drive 5 more hours. ALONE.

We sold our house but we got PEANUTS for it. That means either we buy a much less expensive house, wipe out our emergency savings to get the down payment, or rent.

DH and I are fighting about rentals. He wants to spend more, and I want t o spend less. I think he wants something bigger/ nicer so his parents will feel comfortable visiting after baby and I could care LESS about that. I am so mad at him I was on the verge of screaming at him yesterday.

Plus dh is acting weird about food. Yesterday he turned up his nose at my breakfast and lunch, then almost fainted, then got McDonald's after lunch and ate it in front of the kids. Um, I wanted to murder him and I am actually still really mad at him. (We have been eating new foods and rotating foods, so our diet is a little funky right now.)

I don't even want to see him or talk to him today.

His company has now decided they WILL pay for us to go on a trip to Omaha, like in 2 days, but I'm not even excited because we basically can't buy a house so what's the point.

I have no one in real life who is interested in my woes, so thanks y'all for listening.
Oh man. Sorry mama.

I can't believe you have so much driving to do by yourself, this late in pregnancy and with the other kids. YIKES. Praying for you for sure.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #10
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have to go back and read everyone's posts. But I wanted to let you guys know who are only here and not on FB that I probably have breast cancer. I had a biopsy of my lump today and also of the lymph node the dr thinks is involved too.

This is from the thread I started in the prayer request forum....

"I am asking for your prayers. I had a biopsy on a large lump in my left breast and a lymph node today. The doctor is 90% sure it is going to turn out to be cancer. I am scared and overwhelmed.

I am for now having the most part with not being able to breast feed my new one who is due in 8 weeks. It feels devastating to me. Having him and not bringing him straight to my breast when he is born is more than I can deal with right now. I don't know how to mourn this when no one in my life can relate to the emotions I am struggling with.

I meet with my OB tomorrow afternoon to talk about what the game plan will be to fight this disease if indeed it is cancer. I am guessing they might have me deliver a bit early - which doesn't scare me as I have been induced epi free with each of my 4 children so far. But not breastfeeding is ......... hard.

I know that once I have a diagnosis and prognosis it may be the farthest thing from my worries but for now....

thank you."

My facebook "fan" page
marthathecakelady is offline   Reply With Quote