Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #11
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone hoping for/thinking twins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookglen View Post
I'm so glad I'm not the only one waiting to go to the ob. I dont want to go until July, like 10 weeks. It's always a disaster when I go in early.
Yes, wait! Unless you have huge reasons for concern, you'll be glad that you waited. Then once you do go in, you should have a nice healthy heartbeat!! Plus, since you work and are a mom, it'll be nice that you don't have to find the time to go to extra appointments.

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #12
supergirljennie
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
I would definitely wait too, if I could! I have a history of miscarriage and ectopic so we need to make sure the pregnancy is in the right spot as soon as possible. I nearly died from my ectopic last time.

Sent from my iPhone. Please forgive any typos!!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #13
PinkInk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never waited. With my first we used fertility treatments so we wanted to check for twins right away (5 weeks). With my second I had NO IDEA how pregnant I was because I caught my first postpartum egg, so I went in right away and got an u/s to date the pg (was only 5 weeks again). This time I know when I OV'd, and it would be great to go in and get the sac measured so we can get it down exactly... but we just cant spend the extra money. Since I have high risk pregnancies I tend to have lots of u/s so I will get my fair share My practice I use for u/s has an incredible u/s tech and she is the only reason I use the practice at all. She does work for Stanford, their machine is the kind that does 3D and all kinds of crazy stuff, she saved my friend's daughter's life by picking something up (she was literally flown out immediately). I just dont trust those old school fuzzy black and white machines, I think it would be too easy to miss something.

Birth Boot Camp Certified Childbirth Educator training couples in natural childbirth.

I blog at In Pink Ink
PinkInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #14
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really really hope its twins! I have always wanted them (yes i know what it means for me). Honestly I want twins so I can actually look pg. I have a long torso and the baby hides in there so I barely showed.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #15
MTK
Registered Users
seller

I wanted twins with my first pregnancy - knock out two right away! Sure it would be much harder but I was up for it. BUT then I saw a mama breastfeeding twins at my support group. Of all the extra work I had imagined, this part had never really occurred to me before. My singleton was SOOOO demanding with breastfeeding all day that I cannot imagine bfing two at a time like that. With this realization, I was glad for just my one and I think just one this time will be fine too.

And mad props to the mama that breastfeeds multiples!!!
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #16
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was a twin, i miscarried twins, i am 5'10" and bfing...and it's my 5th pregnancy...but i am not sure i can handle one at this point so the thought horrifies me.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #17
heidi_naw
Registered Users

My Mood:

My best friend has identical twin girls who will be a year old next month. She was totally not expecting them and it's been a rough year for her. She has an older daughter, too, so she was able to help somewhat. The twins aren't good sleepers and had some issues with their feet when they were born. And she has successfully tandem nursed them this whole time.

She said she always has to giggle a little when people tell her they want twins - she said she did, too, until she had them! She said they are a lot of work!

I worked with a woman who had triplets - for the first three months or so, she and her husband always had at least one other person with them 24 hours a day because of all the work.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #18
heidi_naw
Registered Users

My Mood:

My best friend has identical twin girls who will be a year old next month. She was totally not expecting them and it's been a rough year for her. She has an older daughter, too, so she was able to help somewhat. The twins aren't good sleepers and had some issues with their feet when they were born. And she has successfully tandem nursed them this whole time.

She said she always has to giggle a little when people tell her they want twins - she said she did, too, until she had them! She said they are a lot of work!

I worked with a woman who had triplets - for the first three months or so, she and her husband always had at least one other person with them 24 hours a day because of all the work.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #19
supergirljennie
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

The twin-haver is not me! We saw one perfect little gummy bear yesterday with a heartrate of 141bpm. My due date may be changed to Jan 31st, but I'm just going to hang out with you guys anyway
Old 06-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #20
brookglen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirljennie
The twin-haver is not me! We saw one perfect little gummy bear yesterday with a heartrate of 141bpm. My due date may be changed to Jan 31st, but I'm just going to hang out with you guys anyway
Yay for heartbeat! Congrats, it must just be a weight off of your chest.

We are totally the cooler ddc.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote