Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Feeling baby early versus C-section scar

So I'm only 10 weeks, but it's my fourth pregnancy. I felt movement with my others at 18 weeks, 16 weeks, and 15-ish weeks? I was wondering if I'd feel it even earlier this time, but then I got to wondering about my c-section scar, since I'm still 100% numb around that area. So I'm thinking that I have to probably wait until the baby is above that area or until I get some feeling back (and from reading around, the former will probably happen a LOT sooner than the latter).

Meanwhile, I do my weekly Doppler listen and say "hi" to the baby and let him/her say "hi" to me that way.

Advertisement

Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: Feeling baby early versus C-section scar

I did not knwo you were pregnant congrats.

Mine was much longer in between, I was just over a year.

I felt the baby sooner, what I noticed with the scare was pain as my uterus grows and also I get that gassy pain like post op the shooting pains when gas presses against the scar.

So I do not think the scar itself will prevent anything, not sure about the numbness, mine was gone.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

After my csections, I had little feeling on the outside of my scar, but inside I dont' think that it hampers feeling. I am pregnant with our 6th...and this was the latest for me to feel actual real movement, more than flutters. I was about 22 weeks..it was the weirdest thing, because my first I was more like 19-20ish weeks, 2nd was more like 16ish weeks, 3rd was 14-15 weeks, 4th was like 17 weeks, my 5th we lost, and then like I said this one, I was 22ish weeks....
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I got pregnant with DD at 10 months post C/S. I still had a ton of external numbness, but I definitely could feel her by 13 weeks. I think I felt flutters earlier, but I'm not positive they weren't gas. I started feeling DS (my first baby) at 16 weeks.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't have any advice, but I wanted to say congrats! I didn't know you were Exciting
Old 06-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #6
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I went and found an old thread and I first felt DS2 at 15 weeks, too, so I've still got another month or so to wait in any case.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote