Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #11
haddockhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can we talk about weight gain?

I'm a little concerned about weight. Not that I'm unhappy with my weight now, but because I've *finally* gotten back to pre-preg weight (from my first daughter). I weigh less now than when I got married (133)... I'm just concerned about putting it back on after working my butt off this past year.
I'm okay with working out while pregnant. We do CrossFit and there are a lot of moms who work out while pregnant. But I typically get SO sick that I physically can't work out. Then by the time I'm feeling better, it's halfway through the pregnancy and I'm out of shape at that point. That's what I'm concerned about there. Maybe will be different this time...?

Advertisement

haddockhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #12
MommyMeads
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am concerned about weight gain this time. With each pregnancy I have gained more. With #3 I gained 55lbs. I am not a tall girl (5'2) so it was a lot of weight to carry around. I am going to try and stick with the 25lb weight gain. It's going to be hard for part of my pregnancy. DH will be deploying for months 3-6 which is when I gain the most and I know I will be tempted to just eat out instead of making dinner for me and the kids but I am going to try my hardest to eat better and exercise this time.
MommyMeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #13
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've finally gotten back to my pre-baby weight. With DS1 I lost the weight I gained before hospital discharge and was below pre-preg weight 6 months pp. With DS2, I gained less weight, but I could not shed the last 10 lbs. I've been working out a lot (esp. doing intensive cardio Zumba) and am a bit scared to have a hard time losing weight again. I'm aiming to continue with modified workouts to keep a healthy weight gain and easy pp weight loss. We'll see how it goes, lol.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #14
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I too am starting out about 10-15 lbs heavier than last time. I had been working on losing it but this last little bit is slow to come off. I am still pretty upset about it. I need to work hard to not gain too much weight. It's already pretty miserable because I'm already feeling soooooo hungry. I think I just need to focus on eating as healthy as possible and exercising regularly to try to keep my gain down for a few months. If I can keep it really low until 5-6 months then I think I won't be so worried.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #15
MommyMeads
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is so hard eating healthy foods when nothing sounds good to eat. I did manage to each a yogurt and a banana this morning but it didn't sound good. Why does fried food sound good to me when I am nauseous and pregnant???
Old 06-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #16
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMeads View Post
It is so hard eating healthy foods when nothing sounds good to eat. I did manage to each a yogurt and a banana this morning but it didn't sound good. Why does fried food sound good to me when I am nauseous and pregnant???
Uggghhhh... I know right?!?! I ate an avocado with eggs baked inside this morning when really all I would love to eat is a huge bagel coated with tons of cream cheese. Thankfully I've been craving salads in the afternoon but breakfast is hard. I don't normally eat breakfast but I've been waking up with a hungry belly and I want to eat something comforting.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #17
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

Why don't our bodies crave healthier foods when pregnant?! It would make way more sense for the health of our babies, from an evolutionary perspective.

I haven't lost the weight from the first pregnancy, still 10 stubborn lbs that settled in for good. My plan is to therefore gain 10 lbs less this time somehow and then lose the same amount from BF'ing pp. ;D Quick caution that yes exercise is healthy during pregnancy up to a point, but vigorous exercise (defined as working up to a sweat for >30 minutes) on 4 or more days a week is linked to lower birth weight than healthy controls.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:08 AM   #18
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

don't throw rocks...but i am about 20lbs down from where i started with michael...nursing is sucking the life out of me...and i eat like a horse...i honestly joke i have a tape worm. I only gained about 24lbs with him. With my dd though i gained 34 and it took me 1.5 years to freaking lost most of it...sigh. So i don't know what happened this time. I am hoping to gain around 30 this time but know really that gaining more may be ok given where i am at.

my tree grows-yes, i have read that too...i work out 30 minutes 5 days a week and sometimes more but mostly walking light jogging or prenatal pilates/yoga...but i have 9ish lb kids so maybe i should run...jk.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #19
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am not concerned with gaining too much but rather too little....don't hate me, it's not really a good thing either. I have had HG with all my pregnancies and given the way I have felt since this past weekend, I doubt this time will be any different. I have never gained much during pregnancy, and all my girls have been small but healthy so I try not to worry too much about it.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #20
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

anyone gain more and lose slower with their girls? Me and a few friends were just discussing this and then i read that you actually do burn more calories nursing a boy and growing a boy...so it makes sense. Seriously it took years to almost lose pregnancy weight from dd and months without trying with my son...maybe coincidence?
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote