Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #11
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Annoying comments?

LOL...ROTFL!!! We have 4 ages 5 and under and are expecting #5 so we hears a LOT of rude comments all the time!!! A man came up to me last week and said "when are you? Hasn't your mama told you what causes that?" I just smiled.

The worst one is where they count loudly " 1...2...3...and OH 4!!! And WOW are you expecting ANOTHER one!! You poor thing!"

Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #12
angel nee nee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wanted to wait to tell my grand mother in law about her newest baby until I could tell her in person, which was about.... 8 or 9 weeks pregnant.
She came to visit for I think mother's day or some kind of occasion.

Before I could tell her about the news, as soon as she saw me, she poited at my belly and said "What's with your belly?"
Before i told her, I first look at my husband to make sure I am not missing anything and said 'you didn't tell her yet?" he said no.
My grand mother in law then made a disgusted face said to me "You are not pregnant again, are you?"
I said "Yes, I am, and I wanted to tell you the news in person."
She then shook her head and said "You've got to be kidding me."
and went on saying what are you going to with more baby (this is our forth)?
How are you going to afford to buy cars for four children when they are teenagers?etc etc.

she still shakes her head and tells me to stop having any more babies and to have my husband have a surgery so we won't have any more babies.

First thing my mother in law told my husband about our third baby too, when we announced the news, was for him to get a surgery to prevent having more children in future.

when we told my mother in law about our first baby, she told us to consider adopting instead of keep trying to have both boy and girl.

despite the ignorant comments, I still enjoy seeing my grand mother in law. It's rather humorous, don't you think? i mean, if i were not pregnant when she asked "what's with your belly?" Do I tell her "I'm just getting fat, Nana, i've been constipated." lol
she'll prob. recommend some kind of over the counter meds for constipation. lol

Click Here
to join suporpoints and get your 50 poits.
Earn points for paypal cash.
Do you like shopping online? Get rebates from ebates, Mr. Rebates
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
lissa~K
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got asked recently "Why are you having another baby, is it some type of religious belief?".
Yeah idiot, that's the only reason I would put up with these brats. I don't know why people act like having more than 2.5 kids is so outrageous. I realize some people have DO have large families because of their religious beliefs, I just feel that it's a little silly to assume that might be the ONLY reason. Some people just like large families! I encounter so many people lately that think children are a burden, it really makes me sad.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #14
coquelicot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Funny thing is, in my case, people who have made comments about my size tend to be overweight themselves. In my last pregnancy, I had one lady who was about 6'3" and had to be over 300 pounds ask me repeatedly in the elevator at work, "Are you sure you're going to make it to the end of April?" (I didn't, but thanks for making me feel fat!) And my FIL has asked me this time if I'm sure I'm not further along. Um, never mind that repeat pregnancies tend to show earlier than the first one. His wife had 4 kids, you'd think he'd know that. And he could stand to lose at least 50 pounds. I'm so tempted to come back with, "I'm growing a human being. What's your excuse?"
Old 06-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #15
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL.... yeah I know how you feel. Our family used to be real negative about us having kids. This is #5 for us btw. DH's family are horrible about that still but my family has totally changed in that area. its awesome! My parents are our #1 supporters now but just a few years ago they were just like your in laws sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel nee nee View Post
I wanted to wait to tell my grand mother in law about her newest baby until I could tell her in person, which was about.... 8 or 9 weeks pregnant.
She came to visit for I think mother's day or some kind of occasion.

Before I could tell her about the news, as soon as she saw me, she poited at my belly and said "What's with your belly?"
Before i told her, I first look at my husband to make sure I am not missing anything and said 'you didn't tell her yet?" he said no.
My grand mother in law then made a disgusted face said to me "You are not pregnant again, are you?"
I said "Yes, I am, and I wanted to tell you the news in person."
She then shook her head and said "You've got to be kidding me."
and went on saying what are you going to with more baby (this is our forth)?
How are you going to afford to buy cars for four children when they are teenagers?etc etc.

she still shakes her head and tells me to stop having any more babies and to have my husband have a surgery so we won't have any more babies.

First thing my mother in law told my husband about our third baby too, when we announced the news, was for him to get a surgery to prevent having more children in future.

when we told my mother in law about our first baby, she told us to consider adopting instead of keep trying to have both boy and girl.

despite the ignorant comments, I still enjoy seeing my grand mother in law. It's rather humorous, don't you think? i mean, if i were not pregnant when she asked "what's with your belly?" Do I tell her "I'm just getting fat, Nana, i've been constipated." lol
she'll prob. recommend some kind of over the counter meds for constipation. lol
Old 06-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #16
CM6755
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are on bio-baby #2 and child #4. S/O (been together 8 years both times we were ready to get hitched, I found out I was preggo...don't want our child to ever doubt why we were together...so now it's postponed another year...LOL) & I always wanted to have two babies...we just didn't know that we would have 2 babies and 2 teenagers...LOL.

Not trying to 'one-up' anyone, but here is a pretty bad preggo story...two actually.

1. MIL tried to split up S/O and I at the baby shower that she threw for us..(co-ed at a park, more like a picnic or family reunion type gathering, it was nice...the party...not the lies and malicious behavior). FIL tried to split us up last XMAS, we told them we were expecting 4 months later...LOL

2. One of my L&D nurses said to S/O, 'I guess your are in it for the long haul now, buddy...' After I mentally punched her in the face several times, I waited for her to exit the room, called the charge nurse, told her what happened and also said that she was no to be within eyesight of me or my family, she was to have NO interaction with anyone visiting me and not to enter my room again, I don't care if she is the only person who can assist me, I'd rather go without care.

I was GIGANTOR THE PREGNANT LADY
Old 06-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #17
psylion
Registered Users
seller

I announced on Facebook this week. The responses were mostly vet nice and supportive. However there were a couple doosies. My uncle said "you're not very bright are, you haven't figured out how that happens yet" and a friend said "you're totally screwed". I'm still seething about my uncle. I'm mean seriously, I'm 38, married, and have only one other kid. It's particularly rich considering that his daughter had three kids with three different fathers (each one more pathetic than the last) starting at age 17. One of her kids was taken away by CPS and he and my aunt have raised him for years. How does he get off criticizing MY family planning decisions. Anyway I know how it happens: you go to the doctor and spend thousands if dollars. You give yourself painful injections in your tummy, go to the lab before 7:30 am every day to get blood tests, you subject yourself to endless dildo-cam experiences, you make your DH spooge in a cup. Grr

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 06-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #18
LilandVivsMom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylion
you subject yourself to endless dildo-cam experiences, you make your DH spooge in a cup. Grr

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Okay, I just about peed myself laughing at your choice of words here!!!
LilandVivsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #19
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezbabe View Post
we "named" our now 5 yr old umberto bartholomew just to bug my sister...lol...and our last baby was swoop *click click* (the sound you make when you click your tongue on the roof of your mouth)...yeah, she thought we were REAL funny!
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:21 AM   #20
lizxvx
Registered Users

My Mood:

We haven't gotten comments about the due date, but so far since telling people that we're pregnant we've received a few comments such as; "I hope you're happy about the decision?" (this was a planned pregnancy, hahah!) and from my lovely MIL, "Oh, another grandchild I'll never see."

Oh and once people found out we were cloth diaper, those comments started coming in! "I'm going to start placing bets on how soon you ditch that idea.", "Um, you know they make disposables for a reason", and my favorite one is "How is that eco-friendly if you are wasting all that electricity and water."

I'd list the other comments we've gotten about me being vegan and us raising a vegan baby, but some of the things that people have said were way out of line and semi-heartbreaking.
lizxvx is offline   Reply With Quote