Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
kotzally
Registered Users
seller

How do you wear your hotsling?

I recently have gotten a hotsling but I am having trouble with it. I went to the hotsling website and it talks about a padded portion- I don't seem to have that. If I have it folded into itself and place over my most used shoulder side (correct?) then the seam is down toward my hip?

Do you then place the babe inside the two pieces or touching your body with both pieces of material on the outside?

Baby is 3 months and doesn't like the cradle hold.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Mom to an ornery one born 12/16/04, my second cutie born 1/23/07. And beautiful boy #3 born 6/22/09 Expecting a GIRL Sept 1st!!!
kotzally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:46 AM   #2
BRIDEN
Registered Users
Formerly: brveille
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you wear your hotsling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotzally View Post
I recently have gotten a hotsling but I am having trouble with it. I went to the hotsling website and it talks about a padded portion- I don't seem to have that. If I have it folded into itself and place over my most used shoulder side (correct?) then the seam is down toward my hip?

Do you then place the babe inside the two pieces or touching your body with both pieces of material on the outside?

Baby is 3 months and doesn't like the cradle hold.

Thanks!
I jsut got one off of a mama on DS ( ) and love mine so far. I know the directions on website say wear it on the most used shoulder but i dont. I am righthanded but feel more comfy with the sling hanging off of my left shoulder. Anyhow- once you fold it and put it onyourself. Pull down the shoulder part so it "sticks" and then open up the fabric. PLace baby inside. mY son is 11m and uses the front hold and the hip hold . The padded part they talk about is just along the rim I think. It would be the opposite side as where the fabric goes on your hip
Old 05-26-2007, 10:21 AM   #3
Jaimee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Smile Re: How do you wear your hotsling?

I think there are different types of slings sold on the HotSlings website. Some have bumpers (padded edge) and some do not. However, you do not need the padded edge for the first two holds- just the hip hold. Pouch slings basically only have three holds: cradle, front facing, and hip carry. Your 3 month old is probably holding her head up well by now, so you should definitely try the front facing hold. My daughter hated the sling because she couldn't see out, but now that I carry her facing out, she'll tolerate it much longer. To face out do the following:

Fold sling in half to form the pouch
Place over shoulder of choice (I prefer my dominant shoulder) and across body like a sash
Open up the pouch (pull apart the two layers of fabric)
Pick up baby: whichever shoulder you chose, this is the hand you'll use to pick up the baby
Cross baby's legs into a sort of "Buddha" position and fold up against her stomach
Hold baby so her head is at your shoulder facing out (I find that leaning back helps me to keep my balance and hold the baby high enough)
Shove baby's butt in between the two layers of fabric you separated earlier- be sure to keep baby facing out and up high as you continue to shove baby down into the pouch.
Pull the pieces of fabric up around baby's legs and butt, but keep her arms out. She should be sitting, leaning against your body, with her arms out for playing. It's a tight fit, but it's supposed to be.

Good luck!
Jaimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:44 AM   #4
RJmomof4
Registered Users
Formerly: RJmomof2
seller

My Mood:

thats how I wear my 1 yr old. Its not a hot sling its a karmababy sling but there pretty much the same thing.

These types of slings come padded or not padded mine is not and sounds like yours isnt either. Just wear it how you are comfy.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #5
CourtneyinAlaska
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here is a great link with pictures and directions for putting on your pouch sling and using different holds.

http://cabinbaby.com/html/wearing_it.html