Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #121
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Nice work.
Painting while preggo=not fun. Well painting anytime really..
While 8 mo preggo with my son I stained the wood flooring in his bedroom. My knees and back were way sore after that.

Having my rummage today and have had VERY sparse customers with only one sale. Bummer. So I'm debating, do I do it again tmrw morn and hope to catch people leaving church up the road? Or do I pack it up and take it to goodwill? Or do I pack it up and put it back upstairs in garage and next April when there's the "neighborhood" rummages (tho I'm in the country so its not really a neighborhood..) set it all back up then when the traffic will be plentiful... Hmm do I want to mess with all this again?

Tonight, I'm feeling like I wanna sew, and am reading today about making baby hammocks. We already have everything to make one I believe, material, wood, caribiners... A couple instructions I was reading use the top of a "johnny jump up".. which I have an almost new one of those I got free and never used with our son. (We have an old brick house and most of the doorways are over a foot thick).... So might try using spring/straps from that and putting a hook at the top...that, or will go the other route and rig it with the spring . Don't worry, my hubby is VERY safety minded (when it comes to his babies, not so much himself) and is also like macgyver and can make/fix anything, so it will be safe. Knowing him he will want to make it safe enough to hold his weight, ha..
.... Anyone ever seen or tried making one?

Advertisement

chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #122
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you have to do?

^ What did you decide for the rummage sale?

Goals for myself today:
* set up pack 'n play/bassinet in bedroom
* finish setting up changing center in living room
* install car seats (have to move my son's and then install the infant seat)
* assemble swing
* edit/print birth plan

Goals for DH today:
* buy screws and smoke detector(s)
* check all smoke detectors
* put up shelf in DS's room

With DH:
* finish purging/cleaning basement

I also have to go to a bridal shower. And then I have some regular household things I plan on taking care of... load (or two) of laundry, vacuum, pick up a bit, etc.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:48 AM   #123
chach4
Registered Users
seller

I did have a rummage Fri afternoon went ok. Made 61. Stupid someone took down a sign at end of my road... Saturday was a bust. I thought that'd be busier, but only like 5 cust and one purchase. Eww. And acutally 2 of my "customers" only stopped cause I live in an old school house and there are 2 more in the area and those were the ppl that live in those schoolhouses. So I gave em a tour and we talked about that so it was neat, but not profitable...there is a church up the street and I think were gonna set up by 10 and hope to catch the church crowd this am and then I'm done. Now the debate is do I box it up and donate" or (hubbys suggestion)do I box it up and store it upstairs ,in our garage for the "neighborhood" rummage next spring, when is get a lot more traffic.....hmm.
But overall, my goal was $150 and I made 65. Oh well. It's 65 more than I had before. But a lot of work.

Last night I sewed the part of the baby hammock.. I have the wood for the bar outside so with dh today were going to notch it and assemble. I'm kinda stoked cuz I already had everything needed (and actually could prolly make another), and it wasn't hard at all. Well the sewing part at least... I'll post a pic when were done...

Good luck with the lists today ladies!...

Oh and I'm pumped cuz my best buddie is coming over for a couple days this week. She lives 3 hrs away so we don't see each other often. But she is so sweet she is coming JUST to help med with baby stuff. Biggest thing on our list is freezer meals (which she is bringing almost everything to make a few meals and muffins). I love her and am pumped to see her.yay!

Last edited by chach4; 07-22-2012 at 08:32 AM.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:06 AM   #124
1healthylady
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chach4 View Post
But overall, my goal was $150 and I made 65. Oh well. It's 65 more than I had before. But a lot of work.
Bummer! $65 is better than $0 though. I hate having to decide whether to save stuff to make money on it or just donate. I usually just end up donating because I'm not organized enough to do the sale.

I didn't do much this weekend, but I did get some rest. I got another diaper cover sewn, finished knitting my no-scratch mittens, and finally cleaned out one of the dresser drawers. Now I just have to find a home for all the pictures I took out because the living room floor is not a good place for them long-term. But I was able to wash and put away baby clothes, towels and blankets. I did a little more organization in the nursery too. Moving things like the breastpump and bottles that I won't use immediately out of arm's reach to make room for things I will use immediately.

This week:
-finish writing thank you cards!!
-finish assembling birth box
-choose a pediatrician
-knit and sew as time allows: covers, socks, finish wool soaker
Old 07-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #125
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^ Yeah, I am a donate person as well. I rarely sell things... I just like to get things out of the house when I purge, rather than hold onto them, sort, price, and try to sell. I hate going to the post office, so I only like to ship things that are "worth it" for me. I did a huge house purge this year, though, and I would have gone crazy if I had tried to sell everything. Most stuff went to Goodwill, I sold a handful of items, our old couch was gone within an hour just from being curbside, and friends or family took the rest of the stuff. If I was smart I would have gotten tax receipts from Goodwill every time we dropped off a load, though... we donated a TON. Oh well.

So I didn't get anything on my list accomplished yesterday, haha. After the bridal shower I was tired, and sat down for a bit while DH took our son out and about for a little while. My intention was to take a little break and then get some things done. I started to assemble the swing but I was missing two pieces. I was so tired that I ended up just relaxing and watching tv for awhile.

I'm still really tired today, not sure what's up because I got an okay amount of sleep last night. But I'm lagging. Going to try to get stuff done, in addition to the usual housework. DH did get the screw things he needed for the crib and put those in, so at least that's done. Hopefully tonight he has time to do a few more things.

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 07-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #126
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The painting is officially done but.... when my husband went to hook the water back up the shuttof valves started leaking, my husband is no plumber. So now we get to spend like $300 on a plumber replacing the rest of the plumbing in the bathroom that wasn't replaced last time. They weren't leaking before so I'm not sure why they started leaking now. I have an entire basket of stuff that goes under the sink that I can't put away until it is fixed.
When I got home from work yesterday am I came home to a living room and kitchen full of toys that Trey had pulled out and my husband had done nothing about getting him to put them away. So I made the kids clean that up.
Got the curtains up and put up some pictures in the kitchen, it finally looks homey in there. Oh... and we had a nice argument about a stupid clock that is soooooo ugly. It is from his high school days and is faux ugly wood (plastic) with the logo to his high school on the face. Doesn't exactly belong in a nice dining area.
Also got Treys bedroom cleaned it was a disaster. He took all the toys that were in the living room and kitchen and threw them in there. There was 6 puzzles thrown on the floor, every truck was thrown on the floor, and anythin else that could possibly be on the floor was.
So as of now I have 6 cans of different color paints, primers, and wall fix sittin on the table ready to go downstairs. Tools to take care of and paint trays to take care of but it still looks better that it did yesterday.
I litterally wore myself out yesterday, slept 10 hours straight.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #127
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh yeah! my girlfriend heard I was painting and she came over and did the cutting in for me. My husband didn't even do the trim, I did.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #128
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^ Ooh, that sucks about needing a plumber!

We have some unexpected expenses now as well. My husband has a really bad toothache, had to go into the walk-in clinic this weekend and they gave him antibiotics and painkillers. He has an appointment Wednesday with a dentist to see what needs to be done (not sure if it needs to be pulled or what) and I just hope it isn't too expensive. We don't have dental insurance.

My dog is also having some skin issues and I'm worried she might have Cushing's Disease. She's due for her annual check up, but now we're going to have to pay for additional testing (and probably medicine) to see what's up with that. Now is not the time we want to be dealing with any of this crap.

I gotta ask, did you win the argument over the clock? lol... that is so something that DH and I would fight about!

I got quite a bit done today. I got the car seats installed (moved my son's seat over to the driver's side and then installed the infant seat) and I clean out and vacuumed the car. I set up the Pack 'n Play/bassinet in our bedroom. I also got some laundry done, vacuumed upstairs, and did some other housework. I'm feeling it now, though, so I'm going to try to take it easy for the rest of the night (minus a few small things I want to do before DS goes to bed).

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 07-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #129
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ouch... I hope your husband feels better. I hate the cost of dental work. Even with insurance it still costs too much.

About the clock. I don't think anyone really won. If I had my way it would be in the dumpster, if he had his it would be the centerpiece on our dining room table. I would say that we agree to disagree and I will not move it back to where it was. I am the only one who actually works around the house so unless he suddenly actually begins to want to do something besides sit in front of the TV maybe he will get out a nail and put it back. But he is too lazy for that.

I am tired today. I worked my butt off the past 2 days. Today I made the equvalent of 5 meals- some for the freezer, cookies, cookie batter - frozen for later, swept the kitchen, began cleaning the bathroom, finished 3 diapers, went grocery shopping, put away the leftovers from dinner that I had asked my husband to take care of, oh and did the dishes that I had asked him to do and he didn't do. I was a little pissed off about that. I had specifically asked him to do them and he just sat there watching TV all night. I swear he is married to the TV and not me.
I was hoping to find a pediatrician today, install the car seat, clean the bathtub completely, but none of that happened. I still need to vacume the boy's room. Tomorrow the plumber is coming out at 0800 so I am hoping he can fix the leaks so I can put the bathroom back together. I am also hoping it doesn't cost a fortune. Oh and I work tomorrow 2nd shift too.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:24 AM   #130
1healthylady
Registered Users

I think it's funny you're painting. That's the one activity that the MW said early on she didn't want me doing: painting on a ladder. But I'm terrible at cutting in and DH is a pro at it, so I never really feel the need to climb a ladder.

Hope that plumbing is getting fixed!! And that the unexpected expenses don't add up too much. Unexpected expenses stress me out a lot. I'm so OCD about my budget I hate it when things come up, even though I know they're bound to happen.

We went on a shopping spree online at Target last night. It was kinda fun. I saw a post on Baby Cheapskate's FB page that they had 15% off lots of baby items. It just so happens that several of those items were on our registry. Then I got home and in the mail was our 10% off registry completion card. Perfect timing! So we sat down with our gift cards and basically completed all the necessaries (we think) off our Target registry for a total of 24% off the final price. Still need to do some shopping at Amazon, but we're almost done. Looking forward to the mail in the next couple weeks!

I've written down important phone numbers (almost forgetting our best friend who will be taking the dog(s) when the time comes! oops!) and wrote down where DH could find info on placenta encapsulation on another index card. Still have a few more bits of info to add to the birth box, but we're getting there.

DH wants to go to Best Buy this weekend to buy a big CD case to hold all our DVDs in. Then we can just store the cases in the attic and move the books out of the baby's room to the bookshelf that the DVDs were on. That'll make one more thing cleared out of the nursery that doesn't belong. I really need him to fix the rocking chair too. One of the cross pieces keeps falling out of the leg, and I'm so afraid it's going to collapse with me in it someday, or worse, with me and baby.

I'm still working on thank you cards. Only about 10 left. And I REALLY need to do the pediatrician thing! I just keep procrastinating on that one. We have docs that friends have referred, we just need to make a decision somehow. Maybe I'm just worried about making the wrong decision. I have no idea what I'm doing!