Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #31
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you have to do?

To add to my list. We have to get rid of the diapers that will be way to big for baby for way too long, like the toddler sizes. I listed some up on hyenacart friday and so far I'm doing well but I'm completly out of mailing supplies. I really want to get this stuff gone. It is quite a task to get all of this stuff listed. We still haven't even started on the bathroom. I can't prep the diapers because the stupid dryer is broken. We have a guy coming on tuesday. I've been air drying for almost 2 weeks now and I am sick of crunchy towels.

Advertisement

mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:27 AM   #32
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Blah my bathroom still isn't done. Hubby stopped working on it. He told me it would be easier after the baby was born.....I looked at him like he grew two heads.
Mainly I have been working on buying what's left on my list because next month most of my excess money will be going towards my sons bday party.
I have to still finish my attic and basement Declutter and have my garage sale as well. But my husband has to finish decluttering his garage as well . I've had a ladder on my back porch along with tile for a month cause their is no room in the garage.I think ill take picks when its done so I can remind myself why I never want to have to do it again.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:45 AM   #33
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^ Glad I'm not the only one whose progress is held up by their husband! haha...

That said, we made some progress this weekend. Didn't really cross much off the list, since a lot of stuff is just halfway done, but I'm feeling better about things.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #34
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordbox View Post
^ Glad I'm not the only one whose progress is held up by their husband! haha...

That said, we made some progress this weekend. Didn't really cross much off the list, since a lot of stuff is just halfway done, but I'm feeling better about things.
None of the stuff that requires my husband's help is done. Not a single thing. I am better off doing it myself. I've only waited since november for him to put up the trim and that still hasn't been touched.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #35
1healthylady
Registered Users

Didn't get a lot crossed off the list, but we did make a lot of progress in the nursery purging and finding homes for all the new stuff we got at the baby shower. The crib is assembled and in place in the nursery, it has a sheet, bumper liner, crib skirt and mobile, and is filled with all the stuff we still don't have a home for yet from the shower. I installed the car seat this weekend, although I probably didn't do it correctly, but at least it's out of the house now. I have 2 months to figure out how to get it in right. We have the cradle assembled but that's downstairs in the living room because we don't really know where to put it for now. I'm feeling accomplished, but still with lots more to do!
Old 06-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #36
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2seth&trey View Post
None of the stuff that requires my husband's help is done. Not a single thing. I am better off doing it myself. I've only waited since november for him to put up the trim and that still hasn't been touched.
I hear you there! I finally sent my husband an email and said "I need you to get this done this week" with a list of things. I think if it's there in writing he's more likely to remember and do it. That or it's wishful thinking, but yesterday he DID do some yardwork, cleaned our back porch, and commented on bringing some bins down to the basement (things on that list). Still waiting for that stuff to go to the basement, though.

But really, how hard is it for him to convert the crib back into a crib? I just want to be able to put the mattress in there, the sheet, put some stuff in there (since the baby won't actually be in there right away, but I still need to be able to finish the nursery). I don't know where the parts are, or the directions for our crib, otherwise I'd just do it myself. I'm pretty handy, but I think this is the one piece of furniture that I don't know how to do myself.

I opened the mattress yesterday and it's sitting in the dining room. Hopefully this is a HINT HINT for him. I will move it into the living room, by his chair, if it's not done soon!

I feel like I'm waiting on a bunch of little things for him to do before I can finish... and it's frustrating because I don't have much free time as it is that I can work in the nursery, since I'm with my son all day, and once he's in bed I can't do any work upstairs (he's a touchy sleeper).

2,014 items in 2014?

Last edited by wordbox; 06-18-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #37
1healthylady
Registered Users

I was waiting on DH to do some stuff for months. He finally got it done, but it was in his own time, and when he did it it was above and beyond what I expected. I think we got to a certain point in the pregnancy and he realized how quickly time is flying. He got a lot done really quick when I started counting down the weeks!! It is sooo hard to be patient now when we have so much we want to get done. I hope your DH's realize the time and start doing the things they need to do soon!!

I got one mama cloth done last night and another started. I discovered I really dislike sewing curves! And I'm really slow. lol. Cleaned some stuff off and now my car is piled high with things to take to the consignment shop at lunch, and things for Goodwill after work. Purge, purge, purge!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #38
Sydsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just moved so I have a LOT to do!!

To Do:
Put crib together
Move furniture around
Put up DD's old blackout curtains
Paint walls (maybe if I can find some paint from a friend that I like)
Wash the rest of clothes and put away
Wash Diapers and put away
Wash pump
Pick out 'going home outfit' from dresser
Pack bag (eek!)
Solidify plans for DD while I'm in the hospital
Make up csection birth plan and run over with my bff
Print out copy of vaccine waiver
Make signs for the hospital (no circ, no vax, no paci, no formula)

To Buy:
Some sort of changing table area to store diapers
Crib mattress
Sheet for crib
Lanolin and other bf supplies (kinda unsure about this still, I don't know what is needed)

To Make:
Sock doll or something of the sort for DD as a big sister present
Tie blanket for DS for tummy time (bought kit at garage sale FOREVER ago and still haven't made it!)
Repair a few diapers

I'm sure there's more.. I'll add later
Old 06-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #39
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1healthylady View Post
I was waiting on DH to do some stuff for months. He finally got it done, but it was in his own time, and when he did it it was above and beyond what I expected. I think we got to a certain point in the pregnancy and he realized how quickly time is flying. He got a lot done really quick when I started counting down the weeks!! It is sooo hard to be patient now when we have so much we want to get done. I hope your DH's realize the time and start doing the things they need to do soon!!
I hope so too!

I think my husband just doesn't realize how much is left to be done, or what it's like to be in nesting mode, or how much goes into preparing for a baby. And how it gets harder for US as time goes on, because we are bigger and more tired. I get winded just walking upstairs to the nursery, you know? Not to mention that things are only getting busier now that it's summer, so our weekends are pretty full.

I did just about everything to prepare for our son, and so far I have done everything for this baby, too. It's frustrating. I know it's "my" domain but it would be nice if he was more interested and helpful.

I get that he is busy and works a lot. And that he is also restrained by the same things I am... he can't very well put up shelves in DS's room (or put the crib together) while DS is asleep and risk waking him up. But he finds time for other things on the weekends. He was able to schedule in almost 12 hours (!) of time to help my uncle this past weekend. Some of the stuff I've asked of him would take literally less than 5-10 minutes! Like hauling some bins downstairs to the basement, or bringing up some of the baby stuff down there. Converting the crib back shouldn't take very long. Etc. etc. etc.

I wish I could just hire someone to come do some of those things. I might ask my mom if she could watch DS one of these mornings so I can just get some stuff done, including some of the stuff I asked DH to do.

Sorry to vent! My brain is just so overloaded and I just want to feel like our house is ready for baby, and I just want to be able to focus on the end of pregnancy and the final weeks of our son being an only child... not on some impossible to-do list.

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 06-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #40
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordbox View Post
I hope so too!

I think my husband just doesn't realize how much is left to be done, or what it's like to be in nesting mode, or how much goes into preparing for a baby. And how it gets harder for US as time goes on, because we are bigger and more tired. I get winded just walking upstairs to the nursery, you know? Not to mention that things are only getting busier now that it's summer, so our weekends are pretty full.

I did just about everything to prepare for our son, and so far I have done everything for this baby, too. It's frustrating. I know it's "my" domain but it would be nice if he was more interested and helpful.

I get that he is busy and works a lot. And that he is also restrained by the same things I am... he can't very well put up shelves in DS's room (or put the crib together) while DS is asleep and risk waking him up. But he finds time for other things on the weekends. He was able to schedule in almost 12 hours (!) of time to help my uncle this past weekend. Some of the stuff I've asked of him would take literally less than 5-10 minutes! Like hauling some bins downstairs to the basement, or bringing up some of the baby stuff down there. Converting the crib back shouldn't take very long. Etc. etc. etc.

I wish I could just hire someone to come do some of those things. I might ask my mom if she could watch DS one of these mornings so I can just get some stuff done, including some of the stuff I asked DH to do.

Sorry to vent! My brain is just so overloaded and I just want to feel like our house is ready for baby, and I just want to be able to focus on the end of pregnancy and the final weeks of our son being an only child... not on some impossible to-do list.
IKWYM. He does work... the average 40 hours per week. But I work everyday at home taking care of the kids and prepairing, I also work outside of the home part time. He really doesn't understand what nesting is or that things are getting more difficult for me the closer I get to DD. I have even more added onto me right now because our dryer is broken so I am having to carry the clean wet laundry upstairs and hang it to dry. Very heavy... So it took him 2 weeks to finally agree to call someone about it. Only because we are going camping all next week and he is tired of crunchy feeling clothes. I need to get the baby's diapers prepped and I really don't want to line dry them because of the crunchy problem. I want them to be soft on the babies bum.
I have gotten everything ready from moving furniture to painting. My husband can afford to spend 6 hours a night watching TV but won't help get the bathroom ready, or get the trim up, or tile the backsplash, or even help to fold his own laundry.