Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #41
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you have to do?

Time to go on strike! haha...

But really, someone needs to shake some sense into these men!

My husband DID finally take care of the yard and back porch, and I'm thankful for that. He just needs to haul away some brush and leaves, and that will basically be done.

Advertisement

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:07 AM   #42
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

It's amazing how dumb men can be.....my husband told me he doesn't know why I am stressing about getting things done before the baby because it will be easier after she is born.... Um where was he for my son? How is it easier?!
On the upside...I packed the baby bag, almost done packing my hospital bag(besides the last minute list when leaving), made my freezer lasagna, and made my pp witch hazel pads. I will spend the next week and a half hubby is gone attacking my basement. When he gets back, It will be organized so 1/4 is storage, 1/4 is garagesale/goodwill, and half is actually a functioning space. I bet he will flip when he finds his tools all on the work bench down there. So sick of finding them all over the house....its a constant reminder that he hasn't finished anything.....I have a shower, a cast iron sink ,and a concrete double basin laundry tub sitting in my laundry room that I trip over....all of it is actually garbage!

Last edited by BLargy; 06-20-2012 at 02:10 AM.
BLargy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #43
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLargy View Post
It's amazing how dumb men can be.....my husband told me he doesn't know why I am stressing about getting things done before the baby because it will be easier after she is born.... Um where was he for my son? How is it easier?!
On the upside...I packed the baby bag, almost done packing my hospital bag(besides the last minute list when leaving), made my freezer lasagna, and made my pp witch hazel pads. I will spend the next week and a half hubby is gone attacking my basement. When he gets back, It will be organized so 1/4 is storage, 1/4 is garagesale/goodwill, and half is actually a functioning space. I bet he will flip when he finds his tools all on the work bench down there. So sick of finding them all over the house....its a constant reminder that he hasn't finished anything.....I have a shower, a cast iron sink ,and a concrete double basin laundry tub sitting in my laundry room that I trip over....all of it is actually garbage!
lol! Let's all try that. After babies come, hand the newborns over to our hubbies while we head out for pedicures, give them a detailed list, and tell them to make sure it's all done by the time we get home. It's "easier" that way!

I also got my hospital bag packed, for the most part. I need to put in a few more things, plus just the last minute stuff that I can't pack until we're on our way. I do feel a lot better having that done. I packed most of mine after my water broke with DS, haha. I was surprisingly calm and didn't mind, though, but this time I know I'll be more stressed since I'll be leaving our son and will have more to plan for.

I hear you on the tools. Luckily we don't have too many home improvement projects going on, but why can't they put these things away when they are done? If my DH doesn't want to walk down to the basement to put them away, he needs to just find a place in the main part of our house to store them. Because the power drill just doesn't match our kitchen decor.

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 06-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #44
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordbox View Post
lol! Let's all try that. After babies come, hand the newborns over to our hubbies while we head out for pedicures, give them a detailed list, and tell them to make sure it's all done by the time we get home. It's "easier" that way!

I also got my hospital bag packed, for the most part. I need to put in a few more things, plus just the last minute stuff that I can't pack until we're on our way. I do feel a lot better having that done. I packed most of mine after my water broke with DS, haha. I was surprisingly calm and didn't mind, though, but this time I know I'll be more stressed since I'll be leaving our son and will have more to plan for.

I hear you on the tools. Luckily we don't have too many home improvement projects going on, but why can't they put these things away when they are done? If my DH doesn't want to walk down to the basement to put them away, he needs to just find a place in the main part of our house to store them. Because the power drill just doesn't match our kitchen decor.

So... it isn't just my husband. At least I know I am not alone.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #45
chach4
Registered Users
seller

I hear you on the tools. Luckily we don't have too many home improvement projects going on, but why can't they put these things away when they are done? If my DH doesn't want to walk down to the basement to put them away, he needs to just find a place in the main part of our house to store them. Because the power drill just doesn't match our kitchen decor.[/QUOTE]

What, you didn't do your kitchen in the "dewault" theme?

Ha. This is too funny. And SO true. I've lived in construction chaos for years while we Rediff our house, but now its SO nice to not have to look at tool in every room. So I defineately hear you on this. A solution for us, is having a junk/tool drawer in our kitchen, and one on lower level in laundry room. But yeah the big drills and such, need to go in garage.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #46
chach4
Registered Users
seller

So I'm feeling super productive last 6 days have worked hard core cleaning garage. Both the "garage part, AND the upstairs, which is like our "basement" when it comes to storage, since we don't have a basement.
It was bad. Already have made "105 just on metal recycling and sold a LOT of old computer parts for $20 to a guy who recycles that stuff. Going to menards(hardware store) today with 3 full grocery bags of stuff to try and return, mostly plumbing fittings, and electrical supplies. Some of it is YEARS old. Doubt they'll take it all back but gonna try. And probably will have a rummages in a month or so, so hoping to get another couple hundred outta this garage cleaning project.
Having party this weekend so that's been the push. And since this is the biggest thing on my pre baby to do list, feels SOO good to have it mostly done. Tomorrow will hang up some signs, hooks for brooms and hang a couple strollers from ceiling and just wiping down tables and counters(have an old set of kitchen cabinets out there with sink and everything, so perfect for parties).
I LOVE checking stuff off the list.
But oh man, have been pushing myself. Sore. And tired and its hOT and HUMID here lately. Sweating away out there.
But drinking LOTS of water send sitting down when needed.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #47
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I want the energy and health to just push through all this list but I limit myself everyday just to be safe. During April I went through one room a day on the main floor...cleaning house so to speak.(dumpster therapy). Now I have to be careful and ask for help so much. Waiting constantly is irritating. I am gonna ask for help behind my hubbys back while he is gone and suffer the consequences. I have my sons camping birthday party at my house and need the basement clean in case its needed due to a rain out. I have 4 siblings, 3with so, 5 neices/nephews, my mom and dad, as well as us 4 staying here that weekend.
Stressing because it has to happen and I'm not getting any less pregnant!

Plus side... I washed and lanolized my wool....finally.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #48
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh, I am so with you guys. My body just can't keep up with what I want it to do. I am so glad that I started earlier this year on decluttering our home, because I am very very close to being done with it. So at least now it will be easier to maintain in the future.

I got a ton of stuff done around the house yesterday, but paid for it at the end of the day. I got hit with this wave of nausea, felt really hot, was just exhausted, etc. DH came home and had me sit outside with some water and relax while he got our son ready for bed (so I forgave the fact that the stack of storage bins is STILL in the kitchen). I woke up today with a really bad headache and am really achey... not sure if it's related or not.

I just wish I had more energy, and could safely/comfortably do all the things on my list (like carry storage bins down to the basement and haul stuff back up that we need). I'm going to be patient and wait for DH to do these things, because I know that I'm already starting to push myself a bit too much and can feel it. I am going to really push for DH to do some stuff this weekend, though, since we don't have too much planned.

I have bad "pelvic girdle pain" (I think that's what it's called?) and possibly sciatica. Sometimes I feel pretty good but other times it is hard for me to walk (or roll over, or get up, or whatever). I'm stubborn and hate not doing things, though!

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 06-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #49
sandyj21
Registered Users
seller

I understand!!!!! I have such a desire to do so much work around the house. I am glad I already cleaned and organized everything. But I want to cook freezer meals and sew diapers and I am so tired all the time. Not to mention "fat!!" As my 5 year old dd said. My husband has actually been wonderful though. He has done so much this spring. Now if I could just get him to move the fridge and stove for me so I can clean behind them. That is all I have left to clean and I really want it done. HE HE. He did mention freezer meals to me the other day and "we" was included in that. I love it when he says "we." Most of the time it just means he supports my choice to make them. Ha ha ha. But maybe he will help.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #50
1healthylady
Registered Users

I know this week is almost over, but my goals by the end of this weekend are:

-make more mama cloth
-trim dogs' nails

DONE:
-return duplicate items received to Target
-take stuff to Goodwill
-clean the upstairs bathroom
-bathe doggies
-measure and cut curtain fabric
-laundry
-clean behind the fridge and stove
-finish thank you cards

We had about 8 people tell us on Sunday to get rest now while we can. I've been resting pretty well now this last week, but now all of a sudden DH is constantly exhausted. Aren't I supposed to be the one more tired? He's been so helpful around the house lately. I do still need him to bring down from the attic the old bean bag chair I made a few years ago. I'm going to tear it apart and using the fabric for several projects. I've been asking for it for a few months, but the timing is never right I guess.

I just filled out as much of the leave paperwork as I can now and sent it to my payroll processor. She needs to fill in some stuff, my midwives need to do their part, and then my boss and I need to sign a bunch of papers. She's out of the office until July 5, so it's not a huge rush, but I would like to have it ready for her when she gets back, then we can be done with that step.

How far in advance do you wash clothes, sheets and prep diapers?

Last edited by 1healthylady; 06-25-2012 at 06:01 AM.
1healthylady is offline   Reply With Quote