Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

PP mama cloth in hospital

I plan on using my cloth pads in the hospital the right after birth. I want to be 100% prepared and have enough on hand so i was wondering for those who used cloth in the hospital after giving birth how many did you take with you?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Skye ~cloth diapering, babywearing, keeping our boy whole, organic loving, crunchy Momma to one cute little boy born 6/22/12 Hunter Wyatt ~ and currently TTC baby #2

ISO: Chelory AI2's

SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Re: PP mama cloth in hospital

well since this is your first baby, you wont know for sure how much you bleed PP. With my first, it was a lot but with my third, I could go to regular pads within a day probably. Also, do you know how long you might be in the hospital? I would guess at around 8 to 10 per day but that is assuming that you have some heavier bleeding with your first. You may not need that many.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
well since this is your first baby, you wont know for sure how much you bleed PP. With my first, it was a lot but with my third, I could go to regular pads within a day probably. Also, do you know how long you might be in the hospital? I would guess at around 8 to 10 per day but that is assuming that you have some heavier bleeding with your first. You may not need that many.
I would say I don't think i'll be there more then 2 days! I will bring a combination of regular and PP just in case, just not sure how many to pack.. i rather over pack.
Skye ~cloth diapering, babywearing, keeping our boy whole, organic loving, crunchy Momma to one cute little boy born 6/22/12 Hunter Wyatt ~ and currently TTC baby #2

ISO: Chelory AI2's

SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

For the amount of bleeding... I really liked their jumbo pads they provided. They were a good 18" long I think! Also nice since I was using those sexy mesh panties at first. I used cloth diapers in the hospital but I did like the ease of their spoke pads until I got into my own underwear again and could bend over. I had a csection though. Oh, I also passed some good size clots that were nice to just throw away. Washing the out wouldn't have been pleasant... But I would say you'll need probably 12/day. I changed every 2 hours min for the first 2 days.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira View Post
For the amount of bleeding... I really liked their jumbo pads they provided. They were a good 18" long I think! Also nice since I was using those sexy mesh panties at first. I used cloth diapers in the hospital but I did like the ease of their spoke pads until I got into my own underwear again and could bend over. I had a csection though. Oh, I also passed some good size clots that were nice to just throw away. Washing the out wouldn't have been pleasant... But I would say you'll need probably 12/day. I changed every 2 hours min for the first 2 days.
I agree. The ones the hospital provides are the size of a toddler diaper - no joke. I laughed when I saw it. I didn't know about mama cloth when I had my LO. Actually after I went home I used nighttime pads (1.5 days) and I was fine with them. I just got really irritated by the plastic of pads after a few weeks. I am looking forward to pp mama cloth.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
mammacandoit
Registered Users
seller

I didn't use them right away because of HOW MUCH I bled. After about 2 days though things start to mellow out a bit and it's easier to judge what you should use. then you don't have to transport.
mammacandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
ALNaturMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

There's no way mama cloth could have handled the amount I passed while in the hospital.
ALNaturMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i take 18. 12 are overnight/PP absorbancy, 6 + are heavy but shorter
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #9
TakodasMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeBattest View Post
I plan on using my cloth pads in the hospital the right after birth. I want to be 100% prepared and have enough on hand so i was wondering for those who used cloth in the hospital after giving birth how many did you take with you?

Thanks!
As much as I love cloth..I used the SUPER huge pads they have.. I still went through them like crazy but those puppies had ice in them and my vagina loved it.. I also had a 3rd degree tear. I'd still go with the ice pads myself. I bleed a LOT for a long time after PP..
Old 06-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #10
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

There is NO WAY mama cloth would have been sufficient for the flood of the first 12hrs or so. It was sposies and mesh undies all the way.