Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #21
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: calling all longtime bleach users!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdtimemomma View Post
Use it very carefully. Lol! Also the splashless bleach worked well for me so u can start with that till u feel more comfortable

Sent from my "smart" phone
Just FYI, according the Clorox people - only regular ORIGINAL Clorox bleach is considered adequate for sanitizing. The other formulas (scented, ultimate care, splashless) are not technically for that purpose, although I've always found they work fine in most cases. If you have a very stubborn case of stinkies, an infectious rash (staph, yeast) then it is probably best to stick to the original. I only have the original right now because I got it free w/ a purchase, but I've always liked the splashless because I'm a klutz. I've got a big bottle of the original and trying to pour it in the tiny little FLer dispenser really sucks!!! Personally, I've never noticed a significant difference in the sanitizing power, but I remember reading about that on here

Advertisement

FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #22
luvthefluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im thinking i might start skipping every other load with bleach. altho i like bleaching every load im afraid it will eventually ruin them..its so hard because some say bleach has ruined their diapers..some have used it every load for years and had no negative effect on their diapers....so stuck! i really love the outcome of my diapers since we started using bleach. maybe there was some other factor going on for the moms that think bleach ruined theirs? who knows!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #23
marisolstice
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've only been CDing for 1.75 years, but have used at least 1/2 cup bleach in every load the entire time (except the first month, when I followed all the CD rules and had nasty smelling diapers). Everything's fine, other than faded cotton. We have a mix of all kinds of diapers.

I rarely use the bleach dispenser. I did at my mom's house, and everything (flats there) came out with bleach spots. I always pour the bleach into an empty oxyclean bucket of water, and then dump it straight in. That's how I do it for towels, too.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #24
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow

Just FYI, according the Clorox people - only regular ORIGINAL Clorox bleach is considered adequate for sanitizing. The other formulas (scented, ultimate care, splashless) are not technically for that purpose, although I've always found they work fine in most cases. If you have a very stubborn case of stinkies, an infectious rash (staph, yeast) then it is probably best to stick to the original. I only have the original right now because I got it free w/ a purchase, but I've always liked the splashless because I'm a klutz. I've got a big bottle of the original and trying to pour it in the tiny little FLer dispenser really sucks!!! Personally, I've never noticed a significant difference in the sanitizing power, but I remember reading about that on here
Your right. But I think the splashless is less harsh and works fine for regular washing and sanitizing...

Here's a question for those worried about ruining diapers. How old are your towels? Are they torn up from using bleach? Honestly even after years of too much bleach my bath towels and hubbies Tshirts are fine. (not my dish towels though,lol)

thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #25
luvthefluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdtimemomma View Post
Your right. But I think the splashless is less harsh and works fine for regular washing and sanitizing...

Here's a question for those worried about ruining diapers. How old are your towels? Are they torn up from using bleach? Honestly even after years of too much bleach my bath towels and hubbies Tshirts are fine. (not my dish towels though,lol)

agreed! i was more worried about PUL or elastic. but from what i can see from alot of mammas it has held up just fine
Old 06-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #26
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthefluff

agreed! i was more worried about PUL or elastic. but from what i can see from alot of mammas it has held up just fine
If its a quality brand it will.

thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote