Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #11
Bella Catalina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need a speech eval for 3.5 yo. Where to start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docs Wife View Post
My 3 and 4 yr olds just went and did their evals through the school district this morning. I know here they try and do them over the summer so they are ready to go when school starts.
Oh, awesome. Hope they do that here, too. School ends on Wednesday and the preschool psychologist and I have been playing phone tag since Thursday , and she's not in office tomorrow.

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #12
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docs Wife View Post
My 3 and 4 yr olds just went and did their evals through the school district this morning. I know here they try and do them over the summer so they are ready to go when school starts.
Tricare will pay for speech if you still have it (your signature says you are retired). We just got it approved but it was a nightmare finding someone in our area who would accept the tricare and they would not approve us despite many people trying for out of network.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #13
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Catalina View Post
Oh, awesome. Hope they do that here, too. School ends on Wednesday and the preschool psychologist and I have been playing phone tag since Thursday , and she's not in office tomorrow.
Its a separate program so google your county/school or call the information line. There is usually a program between 0-3 and 3-5. They start testing a few months before the kids turn three (I just looked for our area debating to bother with it or not since we are in private speech) here but will not provide services before age 3.

Try this since I don't know exactly where you live:
http://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/se/as/caselpas.asp
Old 06-12-2012, 05:58 AM   #14
Docs Wife
Registered Users
Formerly: swags
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs

Tricare will pay for speech if you still have it (your signature says you are retired). We just got it approved but it was a nightmare finding someone in our area who would accept the tricare and they would not approve us despite many people trying for out of network.
Yeah they both had them done at our MTF but they out source for the actual therapy. The school had to "redo" them again although it was more of just reviewing the reports I brought in. Because we are retired we have a $12 copy per appt per kid so that would be almost $50 a week for two kids for speech. We literally live right across the street from our local elementary school so we opted to go that rout.
Docs Wife is offline   Reply With Quote