Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #11
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: Please explain this rule to me

I see your point as a wahm with customs.

But I do not think it can be applied universally. We have enough conflicts already about how long someone has to pay. Missing out on items is bad enough, sometimes sellers get antsy, I see some people say PP must bne recieveed in 4 hours. If I pmd someon for PP went to bed and woke up with a neg I would flip a word I cannot say on DS. My point is that it is so subjective I think it would get abused.

Though I do think in your case as a wahm it should be looked at and a solution proposed.

My suggestion as a non wahm but a wahm consumer, I would happily play a deposit or materials upfront. Then if they backout for whatever reason you are covered.

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #12
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors View Post
i just read your second post, thats a little different than just normal BST here on DS. have you asked a mod about your special circumstance? I kinda feel like by telling you to go ahead (with what im assuming was a custom item) its sort of a verbal contract in my mind anyway. Especially since it sounds like she didnt even have the courtesy to tell you she was not happy with whatever item you showed her
the second post was more a what about in the instance type of question. It has happened, but not on this transaction. This one was a wahm order, but not a custom, so I was not out anything extra.

I am just frustrated that she/he asked me to invoice (to me that starts a transaction, and is not the same as just asking what my pp addy is). Then when I checked back, it was oh yeah, I still want that. Then nada, no payment, no communication.

I'm cranky today, can you tell?
Old 06-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
paper_girl_76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I guess it only applies to trades? I would pm a mod and ask.

Quote:
- A trade situation where a WAHM has to produce an item for that particular trade. This is the exception to the "changing hands" rule, since if the other party backs out, the WAHM has lost all of her time and materials that went into the item to be traded.
copied from itrader feedback link stickied above.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #14
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
I see your point as a wahm with customs.

But I do not think it can be applied universally. We have enough conflicts already about how long someone has to pay. Missing out on items is bad enough, sometimes sellers get antsy, I see some people say PP must bne recieveed in 4 hours. If I pmd someon for PP went to bed and woke up with a neg I would flip a word I cannot say on DS. My point is that it is so subjective I think it would get abused.

Though I do think in your case as a wahm it should be looked at and a solution proposed.

My suggestion as a non wahm but a wahm consumer, I would happily play a deposit or materials upfront. Then if they backout for whatever reason you are covered.

See I think just asking for someones pp addy is showing extreme interest, but it has not started a transaction. I feel that when an invoice has been sent it has.

I agree with you and pp that a small deposit request is a great idea. Even if it is just a $1.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #15
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i do not start a custom order until payment is received. i dont cut it out or buy fabric(if needed). i had to learn the hard way on that one. as for normal fsot i usually give 24-48 hours to pay or i move on.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #16
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1 View Post
While I normally charge before hand, there are times that people want to see a pic of the finished product before sending money (which I 100% understand). In cases like that (not because they did not like the item, but because they changed their mind, found it cheaper, spent pp funds while waiting on me to finish, etc)in my mind, even if I can not force them to pay me, I feel that they should be held accountable by means of feedback. Money was exchanged (my money to the fabric store buying a specific fabric thy asked for) with the expectation I would be payed back.
This situation would be on a case-by-case basis, but many WAHMs have been burned by this happening in the past and now charge deposits for custom orders, which can give the WAHM some assurance that the buyer will follow through when the order is complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1 View Post
I am just frustrated that she/he asked me to invoice (to me that starts a transaction, and is not the same as just asking what my pp addy is). Then when I checked back, it was oh yeah, I still want that. Then nada, no payment, no communication.
The only difference between asking for a PP addy and asking for an invoice is who initiates the payment, the buyer or the seller. Some buyers prefer an invoice so they know that the PP addy wasn't mistyped by either party, etc. (I've managed to attach the wrong domain when giving out my PP addy before. Oops.)

If a buyer is acting flaky, like saying she still wants it but then delaying payment and delaying payment etc. then as a seller, you can ask for payment by X day/time or you're moving on to the next interested buyer.

There are too many extenuating circumstances for why a buyer (or seller) may back out of a transaction prepayment, and we don't have the manpower to evaluate each situation to see whether feedback should be given or not, so across the board, it's not allowed.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #17
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Also some people ask for invoices if they don't have a standard pp account. My only card won't attach to pp for example, so invoices allow me to pay through pp and be protected, but also make a one time payment with my card that I couldn't make otherwise. Granted I wouldn't ask if I wasn't sure I wanted the item, but to me it's no different than being given a pp addy in terms of payment.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #18
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
Also some people ask for invoices if they don't have a standard pp account. My only card won't attach to pp for example, so invoices allow me to pay through pp and be protected, but also make a one time payment with my card that I couldn't make otherwise. Granted I wouldn't ask if I wasn't sure I wanted the item, but to me it's no different than being given a pp addy in terms of payment.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
never knew that!
Old 06-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #19
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think asking for a pp address after you have a set price (shipping included) is agreeingto purchase the item. I think it should be done in a timely manner.
Honestly, I would not wait so long if someone didn't pay. If I noticed the person didn't pay is 24 hours, I'd send them a nice note saying ... you have 48 hours to pay or I'm moving on to the next person that showed interest.

I think it is a good policy for a wahm to ask for a non-refundable deposit on custom items that require them to purchase something.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #20
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

If you as a wahm went out and BOUGHT things to fulfill an order after the agreement of an order is being placed and the buyer backs out then that is call for feedback as money was spent to make their item. If this is going on, yes PM an admin please.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote