Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #21
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please explain this rule to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
If you as a wahm went out and BOUGHT things to fulfill an order after the agreement of an order is being placed and the buyer backs out then that is call for feedback as money was spent to make their item. If this is going on, yes PM an admin please.
Explained brilliantly!

Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #22
MaMaJodiapers
Registered Users

My Mood:

oh i have had this happen twice. People order, i make a listing for them on etsy, i start making the diapers and they disappear. I never make custom things unless i get paid though- i had to learn the very hard way. Sucks but if they dont go through the transaction, no feedback. Very frustrating. I guess it is the same as people who go shopping in a store- waist all of the clerks time , and buy and then return everything (sadly i have done that once or twice)!!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #23
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
If you as a wahm went out and BOUGHT things to fulfill an order after the agreement of an order is being placed and the buyer backs out then that is call for feedback as money was spent to make their item. If this is going on, yes PM an admin please.
Thank you!! That was the thought I was trying to get across. I feel that this deserves feedback! Thank you for clarifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaJodiapers View Post
oh i have had this happen twice. People order, i make a listing for them on etsy, i start making the diapers and they disappear. I never make custom things unless i get paid though- i had to learn the very hard way. Sucks but if they dont go through the transaction, no feedback. Very frustrating. I guess it is the same as people who go shopping in a store- waist all of the clerks time , and buy and then return everything (sadly i have done that once or twice)!!
But it is not the same. While it is annoying to the clerk, they are getting paid whether they are dealing with that customer or twit-ling their thumbs. Where as a wahm that has gone to the store and bought material to fill a custom order (and has no need for the fabric or item herself), she is now not only not getting paid for the work that she did, but out the money she spent on materials too.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #24
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

Quote:
Is this new? Because there is a woman on this very forum who did exactly this, kept stalling on payment even though I'd spent $50+ on supplies, then flaked completely and said she'd changed her mind. I was told my Admin that I COULD NOT leave feedback even though the PMs specifically proved she asked me to pick up the supplies and I had sent her photos for confirmation, etc. I also happen to know she has done this to SEVERAL WAHMs here because she KNOWS if she changes her mind they cannot out her here. It has driven me bonkers, especially when I see her in transactions with people here on DS since she did that to me in 2009 because I cannot warn them or out her for the shady FSOT'er she is. She is still here and active and continuing to do this to people.
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #25
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumfyKozies View Post
Is this new? Because there is a woman on this very forum who did exactly this, kept stalling on payment even though I'd spent $50+ on supplies, then flaked completely and said she'd changed her mind. I was told my Admin that I COULD NOT leave feedback even though the PMs specifically proved she asked me to pick up the supplies and I had sent her photos for confirmation, etc. I also happen to know she has done this to SEVERAL WAHMs here because she KNOWS if she changes her mind they cannot out her here. It has driven me bonkers, especially when I see her in transactions with people here on DS since she did that to me in 2009 because I cannot warn them or out her for the shady FSOT'er she is. She is still here and active and continuing to do this to people.
I don't think it's a completely new policy, but probably newer than 2009. Please PM me the name of that user and we can keep an eye on her.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #26
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
I don't think it's a completely new policy, but probably newer than 2009. Please PM me the name of that user and we can keep an eye on her.
Done.
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #27
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I'm trying to think about when this changed, I will talk to the other admin but I think if an agreement has been made for an order and the wahm buys the supplies needed, then fb should be left if the buyer flakes.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #28
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
i do not start a custom order until payment is received. i dont cut it out or buy fabric(if needed). i had to learn the hard way on that one. as for normal fsot i usually give 24-48 hours to pay or i move on.
This here. At least make them pay for materials so you not out that cost. That's what I do. You place order, pay for materials, then complete the payment for my work when I'm finished. I've had plenty of good luck this way!

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #29
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
I'm trying to think about when this changed, I will talk to the other admin but I think if an agreement has been made for an order and the wahm buys the supplies needed, then fb should be left if the buyer flakes.
In the OPs case, she seems OKwith buying materials and showing a finished product to the buyer before receiving any payment or confirmation that it will be bought. Will she be able to leave feedback for those transactions where the buyer didn't like the final product?

Sent from my Nook Tablet using DS Forum

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #30
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
In the OPs case, she seems OKwith buying materials and showing a finished product to the buyer before receiving any payment or confirmation that it will be bought. Will she be able to leave feedback for those transactions where the buyer didn't like the final product?

Sent from my Nook Tablet using DS Forum
I would charge a deposit to the buyer because if she freely bought the stuff not knowing if the buyer would like the end product, she will be covered if money has exchanged hands.
If the buyer agrees to the product before it is began and then doesn't like the end product, I am not sure how that would end but if the buyer chooses what she wants and it's made but she just changed her mind about buying, IMO fb should be left still because a transaction was done.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote