Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #31
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please explain this rule to me

I think if you're going to have to spend extra money to buy the supplies for the project that has been ordered, then you should ask for a deposit.

God bless!

Advertisement

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!

Last edited by Michelle_M; 06-08-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #32
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would not expect to be able to leave feed back in that case. If I did not do a great job, that is my fault, not theirs. The only time I do not get money up front now, is if someone contacts me about a custom sewing job for something that I have never done before or do not do often.
But if they just changed their minds, I would expect to be able to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
In the OPs case, she seems OKwith buying materials and showing a finished product to the buyer before receiving any payment or confirmation that it will be bought. Will she be able to leave feedback for those transactions where the buyer didn't like the final product?

Sent from my Nook Tablet using DS Forum
Old 06-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #33
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
I think if you're going to have to spend extra money to buy the supplies for the project that has been ordered, then you should ask for a deposit.

God bless!
I think you are right. I will start asking for a small deposit on things like this. Normally everything is paid all up front, but those are items that I have great feedback on and many pictures to show as examples.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #34
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1 View Post
I think you are right. I will start asking for a small deposit on things like this. Normally everything is paid all up front, but those are items that I have great feedback on and many pictures to show as examples.
I make custom, hand made greeting cards, soI TOTALLY get where you are coming from.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #35
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors View Post
i just read your second post, thats a little different than just normal BST here on DS. have you asked a mod about your special circumstance? I kinda feel like by telling you to go ahead (with what im assuming was a custom item) its sort of a verbal contract in my mind anyway. Especially since it sounds like she didnt even have the courtesy to tell you she was not happy with whatever item you showed her
I think it should be considered a verbal contract or even a written if the request came in the form of a PM or email.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote