Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hostess gifts?

Update in Post Number 10! I figured it out! And am super excited!

Ok, sorry if it's been asked already, recently.... I need some ideas for hostess gifts. I have two hostesses.

With my last Baby Shower, I got my hostess a candle and put it in a bowl with the pretty little stones and gave her a small bottle of scented hand lotion.

HOWEVER that hostess will more than likely be attending this baby shower and so I don't want to give the same thing.

Thoughts?

God bless!

Advertisement

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!

Last edited by Michelle_M; 06-07-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #2
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hostess gifts?

What about making a small little spa kit? You could put a loofah, a pummace stone, maybe a pretty color wash cloth, and a little bottle of lotion in a small basket. ??

Not too expensive, not overly fancy compared to the other gift, so its "equal"... but still pretty and thoughful
Old 06-07-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
1healthylady
Registered Users

I got a couple ideas on another forum when I asked the same question. Something she likes, like a bottle of wine, Starbucks gift card; "I sent the main hostess an Edible Arrangement (fruit arrangement), and sent the 2 girls who helped her flowers." and "My theme was bumble bees so I bought a little thing of Burts Bees sugar scrub and a loofah."
Old 06-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
greenmama52
Registered Users
seller

It would never ever occur to me to give the shower hostess a gift. Maybe it is not expected here. I have never been or hosted a shower where the hostess received a gift.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #5
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
Ok, sorry if it's been asked already, recently.... I need some ideas for hostess gifts. I have two hostesses.

With my last Baby Shower, I got my hostess a candle and put it in a bowl with the pretty little stones and gave her a small bottle of scented hand lotion.

HOWEVER that hostess will more than likely be attending this baby shower and so I don't want to give the same thing.

Thoughts?

God bless!
Why don't you make them cards or stationary... since you're good at it already? I have friends that love to receive packs of blank all occasion cards or whatever. It's thoughtful, and useful!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #6
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmama52 View Post
It would never ever occur to me to give the shower hostess a gift. Maybe it is not expected here. I have never been or hosted a shower where the hostess received a gift.
I'm glad it's not just me! Though around here, showers are only thrown for the first baby, and usually by parents or siblings. My mom and MIL hosted my showers when I had my first. Their gift was a cute little grandson a few weeks later
Old 06-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmama52 View Post
I Was just thinking that same thing, like ut-oh I owe a hostess gift to a couple of people. But it sort of makes sense, for bridal parties we give our bridesmaids a gift and they put on the shower (but they do so much more than that throughout the whole wedding). I think it's a nice idea but I probably wouldn't spend a whole lot on it.

I've been to lots of baby showers and I've never seen the hostess receive a gift but maybe if it's done it's done so quietly.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #8
Ryder
Registered Users
seller
seller

I sent my aunt a nice bouquet of flowers. So yeah noone at the shower really knew!
Happily married to "M" and loving life with my toddler "B" 8.17.10. Waiting for #2, my christmas baby!!
Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #9
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I also never gave the gifts in front of anyone. I liked to do gift cards to their favorite restaurants. Kindof a night off from cooking to make up for the party planning and prep.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #10
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't wanna do a spa basket, one of the hostesses is a massage therapist and has tons of oils and "spa" stuff.. the other hostess isn't into it.

I've decided to get them hand stamped "Mother's jewelry."

Amanda is my friend from church and has really found her spirituality, so I'm going to give her a pendant that says "Her children arise and call her blessed, her husband also... Pr. 31:28" and it will have two birthstones (one for each of her children) and a cross.

For Alli, the second hostess, it's going to just have her son's name and his birthstone.

And I like the idea of giving them blank cards.. DUH why didn't I think of that?!?! LOL So I'll probably also make them both a stack of blank greeting cards to use at their leisure.

Oh, and the mama who makes the Jewelry is a DS mama, and gives a DS discount and flat rate $2.00 shipping.

The first hostesses gift will be in this style: http://www.etsy.com/listing/74897574...r-hand-stamped

And the second: http://www.etsy.com/listing/58534108...lace-with-hand

Both photos are from the Etsy shop of the mama I found here on D.S. Waiting to hear back on the final price, and she'll probably let me do a deposit and then pay the remainder, and I've got a month and a half to pay it. And it probably would be what I would spend on store bought stuff anyway.

I figure.. they are helping me to celebrate my child, so how personal and appropriate to give them a gift that helps them celebrate THEIR children.

Thanks for all the great ideas!

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!

Last edited by Michelle_M; 06-07-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote