Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #11
amandabarugh
Registered Users
seller

Re: Who Has Started Their Stash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookglen View Post
So, I don't cloth diaper (gasp!). But I'm kind of curious this go around. I guess I just don't get it, aren't you doing laundry all day long? What do you do with the waste, and what about when you're out and about, do you just walk around with a soiled diaper? Isn't it a ton more work?

Also don't you find it hilarious that someone has belonged to a cloth diapering forum for two years and doesnt know the answer to these questions?
No, I do not do laundry all day. I do diaper laundry like every 2-3 days. In the newbie period, if you're exclusively breastfeeding, you can just toss everything in your washing machine. It'll rinse away quite easily. Otherwise, I keep my peri bottles from the birth, and I use those in place of a diaper sprayer to rinse the poop in the toilet. When I'm out, I change my kid like I normally would. I just put the diapers in our wet bag to go home to wash, instead of tossing it. It's really not a ton more work, and even buying the most expensive brands, we've saved money over the years by buying used and not constantly overhauling our stash. Our diapers get used until they fall apart, basically. ETA: We also never have to worry about having to run to the store to get diapers. We have a big enough stash that there is always a clean one.

Advertisement

Last edited by amandabarugh; 06-07-2012 at 10:02 AM.
amandabarugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #12
linzerin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is my first baby and I started researching cloth last week and I'm already hooked!!! I see so many benefits (coming from a labor and delivery nurse that has changed A LOT of pampers!).

For the veterans in the group, did you meet any resistance from DH or family members? I mentioned it to DH last week and he thinks I'm crazy. Any tips on convincing non-believers in your life?

As for my stash, just bought my first used diapers on here yesterday, 7 NB GroVias (hoping the AIOs will help convince DH). Can't wait for them to arrive!!!
linzerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #13
amandabarugh
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzerin View Post
This is my first baby and I started researching cloth last week and I'm already hooked!!! I see so many benefits (coming from a labor and delivery nurse that has changed A LOT of pampers!).

For the veterans in the group, did you meet any resistance from DH or family members? I mentioned it to DH last week and he thinks I'm crazy. Any tips on convincing non-believers in your life?

As for my stash, just bought my first used diapers on here yesterday, 7 NB GroVias (hoping the AIOs will help convince DH). Can't wait for them to arrive!!!
Saving $1000s of dollars convinced my husband. LOL.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #14
DMichelleV
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandabarugh

Saving $1000s of dollars convinced my husband. LOL.
Same here! This is our first child as well. I just showed him how much he would save and he jumped on board within minutes! Lol
DMichelleV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #15
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I already have a small stash saved from DS & DD and I want to make sure that I am staying in the group before I start buying. I figure I will be safe by 9 weeks.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #16
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd be looking for more, but I promised DH I wouldn't buy anything for this baby because I did such a good job convincing him that if we had another baby we wouldn't have to buy anything. I guess I will be putting a lot of my Christmas list this year!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #17
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
With DD#2 I CDed from birth and MIL had bought Pampers (the new kind when they first switched and had all the chemical burning issues) even though she knew I was going to CD. Needless to say, those diapers got donated Hubby said he was against CDing, even though we CDed DD#1 from about 6-18 months so DD#2 is a little over 18 months old and he has never changed her diaper or washed them (which washing isn't a big deal). This next one will be CDed from birth and I don't expect him to do any diapers... although maybe he'll decided to help out since we will have 2 in diapers most likely... a girl can hope right?

As for the rest of family, some have (DH's side) said I was "crazy" and how "I couldn't do that" but my side knows to just keep their mouths shut, they know it's not their child so they don't have a say. My grandma will and has changed my DD's CDs with no issues nor has any other family member. I think the biggest thing I said when DD#2 was a newbie was about all the chemical burns babies were getting from the disposables, they changed their tune pretty fast. But then again, with DD#2 I home birthed so I was "hippie" enough for them to not question the cloth. (sorry for the long response)

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
allinmyhead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
My ex was totally against it with DS, but he changed maybe three diapers when he was around. He didn't get a vote
allinmyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #19
abhernandez
Registered Users

I refuse to confess this early.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #20
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

We used xs FB exclusively during the newborn stage with DD. I really love the classic ones- the ones with 2 rows of snaps. I don't like the newer ones with one row of snaps. They leaked too much which was a bummer because they were so pretty and cute. Anyways, I sold those and kept my 19 classic white xs FB. I bought some alva newborn diapers the other month... couldn't resist since they were so cheap. I'm a pocket girl so I use all pockets. I have plenty of one size diapers that will last for another babe (I use bumgenius and sunbaby almost exclusively)... unless there's multiples of course.