Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #21
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who Has Started Their Stash?

I kinda started my newbie stash before even TTC

So far I have:
4 xs fuzzibunz
2 nb sticky peas
2 xs elbees
2 s elbees
1 elbee wrap
24 infant etp
6 nb peanut butter and ellie prefolds
1 nb prowrap.

I've just been buying when I see a good deal. Some diapers are gender specific (sticky peas/elbees) so if its a boy, I'll destash those.

I'm thinking a few nb alvas, 2 loveybum wraps and another pul cover and I'll be complete...although thats not including what I'll knit

Advertisement

Old 06-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #22
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a couple dozen newborn prefolds that I never got rid of sitting around (those won't fit until 2-3 months on my babies though) and if my DS2 PTs by then I will have his stash of OS pockets (if it's a boy that is, they're all blue and green so I would probably buy different if it were a girl ) but I think I'll wait for everything else. I use sposies for the first couple weeks because my babies are always so tiny but I may buy a little stash of some cheap fitteds for after that. Maybe keep my eyes peeled for some good deals on GN KL0s. I'm more worried about building my carrier stash again. I got rid of everything because I wasn't planning on having anymore so I am starting from scratch there.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #23
Saruh
Registered Users
seller

Todays fluffy mail consisted of 1 Albert BG newborn (OMG!!) and 2 GroVia newborns. Can I just say that I feel like a little girl again wanting to play house and put the tiny diapers on my DD babydolls? HaHa! I wish I would have used AIO dipes instead of PFs with DD because they are so stinking cute!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #24
allinmyhead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Today I will have a pack of prefolds, small scrappy soaker and a Calypso Skirtie (I figure I can sell it if jellybean is blueberry flavored). DH just rolls his eyes at me.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #25
newtocloth2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started building a newborn stash when we started ttc. (I started using cloth diapers when my second lo was 15 months, so I've never used cloth in the newbie stage.) I have maybe 15-18 newborn/small diapers (fitteds, covers, and AIOs). I also just bought some small flats, I want to try them on my toddler first to see if I even like flats.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #26
MommyMeads
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have some diapers that I kept from DS. He was our third and suppose to be the last but I just couldn't get rid of some of his diapers. So I have about 6 fitted diapers and 3 covers. All the covers are boy colors though so if we end up with a girl then I will be ISO some girly colors. I want to try and make some fitted diapers for this baby because I really love fitted diapers on newborns but I don't want all GN ones. I guess that is what cute covers are for though.
MommyMeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #27
MommyMeads
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started sewing some newborn diapers. A little early? Maybe. But I want to have enough time to do it : )
Old 06-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #28
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm not sure I'll buy any newborn diapers, and if I do I will want them to be gender specific, so I will be waiting quite a while. With dd3 I was worried about having a tiny baby and her never fitting into os diapers (I had to get many extra u/s b/c she always measured way behind, and I always measured way behind, too) so I bought 18 bgaio xs, 2 size 1 thirsties dous covers, preemie prefolds, and made some newborn fitteds and wool covers. So, she was born and was 8 lbs. She outgrew the absorbency in bgaio xs in less than a week, even with changing every 2 hrs. When I added a doubler, they barely aplixed on. I tried using bgos at 1 week, and although they seemed a little big, they fit with no leaks. I don't regret buying any of them because I bought when things were good prices and sold them and even made money on the bg aio xs. I used the duos occasionally for 4-6 months because they still fit, and never really used the fitteds or wool. Of course, I have never used fitteds or wool.
I still have a full stash of os pockets, but now I mostly use hemp/bamboo inserts laid in a cover, which I think will be super trim on a newbie. I am keeping my ears open for news about the new nb alva baby pockets, but given that I think my lo will fit in os within 2 weeks, I just don't think that it is worth it. Also, my lo's tend to have very sensitive skin for the first week and need heavy duty diaper cream to keep their bums clear, so I wouldn't mind using sposies for a week while I am getting used to 4 kids Of course, if I'm having twins that is another story . . .
If we have another girl then I have a great stash of os diaper from dd#3 who will probably be mostly pl'ed, but if this is a boy then I might have to (get to) buy 8-10 new covers.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #29
allinmyhead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I put flips and thirsties on my Amazon baby registry Oh, and prefolds. Heh.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #30
calleiah
Registered Users
seller

I just joined an Alva baby newborn custom co-op and got 2 dozen. Plus I've got a dozen KS0's and some Proraps. That should get me through the newbie phase till I can use my regular stash.
I probably shouldnt have spend the money this soon... but who knows when I'll get another opportunity like that.
calleiah is offline   Reply With Quote