Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Chat topic - What are you shopping for right now?

I have trouble keeping up with the weekly chats, but I know some are sad we aren't chatting as much so I'll start some chat threads for topics and see if anyone likes that?

So what are you buying this week? What have you bought? If you're not shopping right now is it because you're done or waiting?

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat topic - What are you shopping for right now?

Today I bought -
Small Jolly Roger Crankypants longies on Spot's Corner
Two Nb covers (done with those!)
Soft velour blanket for 75% off! http://www.babyearth.com/american-ba...e-blanket.html

Still looking for-
An amazing deal on a car seat
Boyish Little Boppers
Old 06-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, not a ton of shopping going on here i am having a boy and I saved most everything from October 08 baby boy sooooooo yeah not alot is needed lol.

We already bought:
Monitor
crib bedding
Car seat
Those were the only things we "needed"

I am always keeping my eye out for yarn though
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I honestly don't "need" a whole lot. I think the things left on my "need" list, would be a car seat (but I haven't decided what I want to do about this yet), a pad for my changing table, an infant insert for my Ergo, little baby socks, a wipes warmer, MAYBE some "normal" (not wool) NB outfits.... and I think that's it. OH, and I WANT some boyish yarn for sleep sacks and rompers
Actually, if I were being honest most of my "need" list should actually still be filed under "want". I'm really pretty much set.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, I will be very soon in the wants only category if I don't slow down, lol. I have a few needs that I'm ignoring because friends want to do a shower/blessingway. So things like the tub, swaddle blankets, nose freida, monitor, I'm waiting on. Boy diapers, car seat and socks are really all I think I need to buy....
Old 06-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
Keme
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was still aggressively hunting a carseat, mini-crib mattress, a bathtub, clothes (starting from zero there), a boppy and a ring-sling (oh, and a diaper bag). But then both my mother and housemate told me to stop because they're planning a baby shower and they want there to be a nice range of things on a registry...so I took that as a blessing and now I'll only buy something if it's too good a deal to pass up.

(we're basically starting from scratch again- only saved a changing pad from DS)

In the past 3 weeks I did buy a crib, a bag of towels/washcloths/blankets/socks, and an Ergo
Old 06-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #7
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keme
I was still aggressively hunting a carseat, mini-crib mattress, a bathtub, clothes (starting from zero there), a boppy and a ring-sling (oh, and a diaper bag). But then both my mother and housemate told me to stop because they're planning a baby shower and they want there to be a nice range of things on a registry...so I took that as a blessing and now I'll only buy something if it's too good a deal to pass up.

(we're basically starting from scratch again- only saved a changing pad from DS)

In the past 3 weeks I did buy a crib, a bag of towels/washcloths/blankets/socks, and an Ergo
Albee baby has just "discontinued" some Britax carseats because the new g3 is coming out in July. The only difference this new one has is with the crotch buckle being fixed? . I just bought my lo a marathon cowmooflage for $216 with free shipping! Reg price is $290

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings

Last edited by rosenfried2; 06-07-2012 at 08:09 PM.
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:07 AM   #8
Gardyloo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The only things I've actually purchased were some clothes and shoes from a big consignment sale a few weeks ago. But, I have been in total (online) window shopping mode. And I have been working on a wish list online, and am shocked at the number of things I've found to put on there (this is baby #3!). I'll try and wait to start buying things from it myself. I won't be having a shower, but I'm sure there will be some people who will want to buy things for us.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #9
NurseJessie
Registered Users
seller

I bought our first diapers this week! I got a BG Freetime after the cloth diaper class and 2 Grovia AI2 shells on babysteals.com (thanks Caroline!). I'm waiting to see what we get at my shower and after that I'll have more fun buying things.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jessica - I saw some used freetimes on Jillians Drawers before. It looks like right now they just have a girly one but if you wanted to sign up for their updates here's the link -- http://www.jilliansdrawers.com/produ...timegentlyused

Dawn - I'm surprised too at how much is on my Amazon list. We are pretty much starting over because I got rid of 90% of our stuff while struggling with infertility. But I know this time I know the difference between things we should buy and things we wouldn't use/need. I have 36 items on there!

I bought four more diapers this morning. I have to slow down!!!!!