Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #11
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey
That's crazy. I would have been annoyed but refunded just to avoid problems.

If someone in her family was immuno-compromised, I'm sure she would say something and it'd be a different story. To me it just sounds like a bad case of buyers remorse..
Even then, she had it packaged up already. Has she sent Saturday, before symptoms were visible, if there were germs they would've been there. If the child was compromised wouldn't she have asked about sickness? I've never seen some ask or tell about recently being sick, I think that's just a chance you take IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Advertisement

Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #12
deadducky112
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Asking for a refund after payment has been sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post

If someone in her family was immuno-compromised, I'm sure she would say something and it'd be a different story. To me it just sounds like a bad case of buyers remorse..
I completely agree with this. I really think if the issue was an immuno-compromised relative she would have mentioned it.
deadducky112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #13
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
Even then, she had it packaged up already. Has she sent Saturday, before symptoms were visible, if there were germs they would've been there. If the child was compromised wouldn't she have asked about sickness? I've never seen some ask or tell about recently being sick, I think that's just a chance you take IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadducky112 View Post
I completely agree with this. I really think if the issue was an immuno-compromised relative she would have mentioned it.
Not necessarily. I'm not saying there's no way it was just plain buyer's remorse and she lucked-out that it didn't ship when the seller said it would, I'm just saying it's tough to judge. Not everyone wants to go around touting that their child has special needs. Odds are the germs would've died in transit, but stomach bugs are a life-threatening thing for kids on feed tubes and such.
There are far too many sob stories about, "Oh, my kids are sick, my husband dropped it under the car seat, I lost my job, and my cat died," that perhaps she wasn't looking to supply an excuse that the seller might post here venting about as bogus, she simply asked if she could have a refund because it hadn't shipped yet, and the seller obliged. Simple as that.
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #14
luvthefluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if her child has some completely serious condition that shes afraid of getting sick...in my opinion she wouldnt be receiving packages on a reg basis from ds that are handled by 50 different people before it gets to her house. sorry but that sounds rediculous to me.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #15
luvthefluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

and if she is going to flip over waiting 2 business days thats her problem. there is a reason why in the rules it gives you 5 days to ship..things happen..people have lives..my last seller didnt ship for 12 business days..while i was upset i gave her the benifit of the doubt and still ended up giving her positive feedback..maybe im just too nice tho lol
Old 06-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #16
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I guess I felt like it was a case of buyer's remorse plus it really did peeve me that I had to transfer money from my bank account and still haven't gotten the money back from USPS nearly 3 weeks later.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #17
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That is ridiculous. She had no right to ask for a refund and you didn't need to refund her. The item was all packaged up and the label was PAID for and printed. Needless to say it had only been 1 business day.

I don't buy the whole compromised immune system, if that was the case then she wouldn't be buying from just anyone.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #18
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadducky112

She likely wouldn't be buying used either.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #19
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

Like I said, buyer's remorse is a distinct possibility, but there's so much baseless judgement going on here and that is sad. I hope none of you ever have children or other family members with compromised immune systems. It's a whole new way of living. Used is not out of the question with rigid cleaning-before-use standards- not at all, but stomach bugs are particularly terrifying. Don't judge until you've walked that road. It's a sad, frightening one at times. I have nothing to do with the transaction, I merely popped in with a little like the rest of you and am shocked by the trash-talk, judgement, and baseless assumptions when none of us but the buyer really knows the details.

Bottom line: If the seller felt she was being had she DID NOT have to refund. She was in no way obligated and still very much within a reasonable shipping time frame- BUT SHE DID! She chose to, then came here asking opinions after the fact. Remember that this is not just a computer screen and we are not all just screen names- We're people, with feelings, families, and possibly even children with struggles we do not care to spew the details of with strangers when it doesn't seem necessary to us. Just move on and leave it at that.
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #20
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KumfyKozies
Like I said, buyer's remorse is a distinct possibility, but there's so much baseless judgement going on here and that is sad. I hope none of you ever have children or other family members with compromised immune systems. It's a whole new way of living. Used is not out of the question with rigid cleaning-before-use standards- not at all, but stomach bugs are particularly terrifying. Don't judge until you've walked that road. It's a sad, frightening one at times. I have nothing to do with the transaction, I merely popped in with a little like the rest of you and am shocked by the trash-talk, judgement, and baseless assumptions when none of us but the buyer really knows the details.

Bottom line: If the seller felt she was being had she DID NOT have to refund. She was in no way obligated and still very much within a reasonable shipping time frame- BUT SHE DID! She chose to, then came here asking opinions after the fact. Remember that this is not just a computer screen and we are not all just screen names- We're people, with feelings, families, and possibly even children with struggles we do not care to spew the details of with strangers when it doesn't seem necessary to us. Just move on and leave it at that.
I've yet to see any trash talk o.O simply opinions that it's kind of weird to not want a bag already paid for and packaged, because the family was sick. And personally it is IMO without knowing anything else. The buyer never specified she had an immuno-compromised child, it was just a suggestion here. I just don't see why if sickness is such a huge deal for someone, why they wouldn't ask beforehand. Makes no sense to me -shrug- But it's not like people are sitting her bashing her as a person, just that what she said sounds wonky. And seeing as how it's very unusual and odd, it IS wonky, but it shouldn't be offensive. Sorry if you taken offense for the buyer, but I think you're being a little too sensitive about this mama. No one is bashing the mama, it's just a weird situation and got commentary because of it

Last edited by Hillargh; 06-07-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote