Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #21
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:
Re: Asking for a refund after payment has been sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
I've yet to see any trash talk o.O simply opinions that it's kind of bonkers to not want a bag already paid for and packaged, because the family was sick. And personally it is IMO. The buyer never specified she had an immuno-compromised child, it was just a suggestion here. I just don't see why if sickness is such a huge deal for someone, why they wouldn't ask beforehand. Makes no sense to me -shrug- But it's not like people are sitting her bashing her as a person, just that what she said sounds wonky. And seeing as how it's very unusual and odd, it IS wonky, it shouldn't be offensive. Sorry if you taken offense for the buyer, but I think you're being far too overly sensitive about this. No one is bashing the mama, it's just a weird situation

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Perhaps, because I live this. I'd be tempted to ask for a refund as well if I found out the seller and her family had a vomit-inducing virus.
As for the trash-talking, another poster and I mentioned the possibility that the buyer had indeed cancelled because of her fear of the illness as the seller clearly states she did. Immediately people were saying that was not a possible, families with immune system issues don't buy used, that it was 'crazy,' 'bonkers,' and 'ridiculous,' to think that was a plausible reason. I do take offense because given my children's health and the fact that my 5-year-old nephew is in constant physical torment and is home on Hospice care I could be the one who asked for a refund to prevent the minute possibility that my family members could DIE because of a diaper bag. You all are so quick to assume the worst and throw some stones.

Advertisement

KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #22
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KumfyKozies

Perhaps, because I live this. I'd be tempted to ask for a refund as well if I found out the seller and her family had a vomit-inducing virus.
As for the trash-talking, another poster and I mentioned the possibility that the buyer had indeed cancelled because of her fear of the illness as the seller clearly states she did. Immediately people were saying that was not a possible, families with immune system issues don't buy used, that it was 'crazy,' 'bonkers,' and 'ridiculous,' to think that was a plausible reason. I do take offense because given my children's health and the fact that my 5-year-old nephew is in constant physical torment and is home on Hospice care I could be the one who asked for a refund to prevent the minute possibility that my family members could DIE because of a diaper bag. You all are so quick to assume the worst and throw some stones.
I can understand that mama, and I'm not trying to be offensive. I even reworded my post earlier because I felt it came off too harshly. But most people wouldn't think immunity issues. And when all that's said is they don't want the bag because the seller is sick, it's very uncommon, odd and to me would seem weird and ridiculous, as the closest thing that would come to my mind is germaphobe; but would probably be dismissed because it's a used item. Just because something seems ridiculous to someone doesn't meant they're being intentionally rude. Plenty of things are ridiculous to me, because they don't make sense. To me, it doesn't make sense that if sickness is a big issue, why someone wouldn't ask about it prior. For all I know she forgot or didn't think to or just doesn't. I don't know. But I would imagine if the issue was serious, she would; same as I would about anything regarding simple and severe allergies DS has. It could also just be that there is no logical justification, and it bothered her. She could be a germaphobe. She could be superstitious, of a vague religion, just plain annoyed, wanting an out, or weird or off. Who knows?

I'm sorry you deal with that mama, but I would hope you can understand how something so unusual and odd could be perceived as weird or ridiculous barring serious issue like yours. I'm not saying she should justify her reasons, nor that you should have to. But without explanation, it will likely be perceived as weird as it's not a normally seen situation. I'm sorry if anything I've said offended you, but I just don't see how not understanding logic behind something that is indeed weird (I.e. out of the norm) is being offensive; certainly not purposely so anyway. I'm sorry your family is in such a hard position. I'm sure you get judgments and comments about the choices you have to make. I can see why it strikes a nerve. But I would wager none of the ladies that commented here had any malice in their hearts when posting

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Last edited by Hillargh; 06-07-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #23
luvthefluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 06-08-2012, 01:30 AM   #24
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds more like it was buyers remorse. She asked if I was shipped and when you said it wasn't she wanted a refund.

In the matter of someone thinking the person might have immunity issues...germs in a package would most likely die off. Also I would really hope someone in that situation wouldn't buy used items and put their child at risk.

Also since she ordered on Friday...you technically didn't have to mail out until Monday. Saturday is not considered a business day even though mail goes out on that day.
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #25
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think its probably buyers remorse too, and its probably a good thing you agreed to refund, had you not she might have caused a fuss about it later. I highly doubt someone with an immune-comprimised child would risk buying used anything

I probably would have told her she had to wait for the refund from USPS to clear before id refund though.
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #26
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane
I don't buy the whole compromised immune system, if that was the case then she wouldn't be buying from just anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607

She likely wouldn't be buying used either.
My thoughts as well.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #27
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumfyKozies View Post
Like I said, buyer's remorse is a distinct possibility, but there's so much baseless judgement going on here and that is sad. I hope none of you ever have children or other family members with compromised immune systems. It's a whole new way of living. Used is not out of the question with rigid cleaning-before-use standards- not at all, but stomach bugs are particularly terrifying. Don't judge until you've walked that road. It's a sad, frightening one at times. I have nothing to do with the transaction, I merely popped in with a little like the rest of you and am shocked by the trash-talk, judgement, and baseless assumptions when none of us but the buyer really knows the details.

Bottom line: If the seller felt she was being had she DID NOT have to refund. She was in no way obligated and still very much within a reasonable shipping time frame- BUT SHE DID! She chose to, then came here asking opinions after the fact. Remember that this is not just a computer screen and we are not all just screen names- We're people, with feelings, families, and possibly even children with struggles we do not care to spew the details of with strangers when it doesn't seem necessary to us. Just move on and leave it at that.
What are you talking about judgement in the thread? It was fine until you posted, to be honest. We are NOT talking about a kid who has a compromised immune system living with the buyer. If this was the case the buyer would have said so. She did not and I'm pretty darn sure there is no compromised immune system. It is an excuse for buyers remorse. The seller was EXTREMELY gracious and refunded her. She is asking what the rules are on the matter.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #28
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaleah View Post
Sounds more like it was buyers remorse. She asked if I was shipped and when you said it wasn't she wanted a refund.

In the matter of someone thinking the person might have immunity issues...germs in a package would most likely die off. Also I would really hope someone in that situation wouldn't buy used items and put their child at risk.

Also since she ordered on Friday...you technically didn't have to mail out until Monday. Saturday is not considered a business day even though mail goes out on that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_run_with_scissors View Post
I think its probably buyers remorse too, and its probably a good thing you agreed to refund, had you not she might have caused a fuss about it later. I highly doubt someone with an immune-comprimised child would risk buying used anything

I probably would have told her she had to wait for the refund from USPS to clear before id refund though.
Agreed to both bolded.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #29
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
I wouldn't want something from a stomach -flu house. I'd probably ask her to wait to ship it until after the flu left their house and washed it, or for a refund.
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #30
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a friend who's son has an immune deficiency and she has to be really careful.

So I could see her asking for a refund "just to be safe" if this is the case with he child.

Honestly though, I would have asked her SPECIFIC reason for wanting a refund instead of giving you an extra day, especially when DS rules state that you have 5 days to ship.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote