Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #11
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this sciatica?

For me it was a sharp shooting pain from my hip down my leg. I had to limp when I walked because it hurt so bad, and at times I couldn't even stand because of the pain and had to have my husband help me to the couch because I literally could not walk without crying.

I had it early in the second trimester, and luckily it only lasted about a week or two. In my case it was the baby pressing against my sciatic nerve, and as soon as he moved it went away. I'm sure many different things can cause it though.

Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #12
brookglen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraElise View Post
For me it was a sharp shooting pain from my hip down my leg. I had to limp when I walked because it hurt so bad, and at times I couldn't even stand because of the pain and had to have my husband help me to the couch because I literally could not walk without crying.

I had it early in the second trimester, and luckily it only lasted about a week or two. In my case it was the baby pressing against my sciatic nerve, and as soon as he moved it went away. I'm sure many different things can cause it though.
This exactly. I'm in agony. However, it's a sign that things are moving along and so I'll take it! As long as its not a sign of something worse.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #13
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidisue View Post
I always get it really bad early on and then it goes away for most of the second trimester, only to return around 5-6 months. I will get spasms at the beginning - sometimes hard enough to make me fall. The ache is always in my low back and the pain is always in the low back and shooting down my leg. A pain above your hip is on the wrong side although that could be round ligament pain? I don't know if I've ever gotten that so early. Yoga helps me stretch it out and feel a little better, good luck
Me too. Sciatica really limited what I could do when I was pregnant. It was horrible from about 10 weeks and just got worse and worse.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #14
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had SI joint problems in early pregnancy. I went to physical therapy to strengthen lower back, stomach, hips and got fixed up. The hormones can cause things to go loosey-goosey and pinch things.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote