Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #11
meldo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree that 3 is harder than 2. We don't have the "terrible twos". That stuff hits our house at 3. Maybe it's a girl thing? Things I try to remember: "This too shall pass" and "I will miss these days when they're older". Doesn't always make me feel better but it's worth a shot!

I'm typing on my iPhone, sorry.

Advertisement

Most likely nak!
meldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #12
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anybody want to take my 3-year-old?

to everyone else whose kiddos are driving them nuts today!

Thanks, everyone.

To the pp who talked about ignoring her... I really, really, REALLY need to start doing that! I admit that I am so very bad about scooping her up and trying to talk to her about her feelings and... yeah, doesn't work.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #13
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

oh, the whining!!

My three year old whines and it makes my blood boil. Some days I feel like mommy needs a time out. The rule in our house is one minute for every year of age, so mommy's just going to head to her room now, see you kids in 27 minutes I wish! I have to settle for putting the whiner in time out.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Ok, so I won't really give her away but right now I'm about to explode!!!

She's screamed and sobbing hysterically all day, complete with throwing her dramatic self on the floor, over every.single.frickin'.thing, from DS tapping her on the shoulder and running away to the fact that I don't have anymore strawberries left since they ate them all yesterday to me telling her to put my phone down and stop calling DP when I'm in the bathroom (she knows how to press the button to call back the last number that called me). And once she starts sobbing, if I say "Oh, come on! It's not that bad!" or "Seriously, calm down" she just gets even more hysterical. I swear they are harder to deal with at 3 than they are at 2. In fact, my 2-year-old was quietly sitting there looking at her like she's lost her mind while I was trying to talk her down from her last freak out.

Pointless vent over and done. Feel free to totally ignore - I'm just having one of those days and Miss Ultra Super Duper Sensitive is really grating on my last nerve.
NO WAY! I JUST offered my 3 year old to someone too! haha. I love the 2 year old stage, but this 3 year old stage is a doozy...
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #15
AfWife8405
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have always said that 3 is the worst age, beats 2 by far in our house. My youngest (a girl) just turned 3 last month and she is in rare form. Her big issue lately is wanting me to help her instead of daddy. She doesn't want DH to brush her teeth, give her a bath, help her get her clothes... nothing! It is driving us crazy but I think she became super attached to me while DH was gone (military) so we TRY to be aware of that when she gets in a mood.

When she gets hysterical over something ridiculous (like the splash pad is too wet) I just tell her that if she is this upset over something so silly, she is probably tired and needs a nap. That works about 70% of the time. I have said to my DH - can you imagine if she had a twin?!? She is SO dramatic, especially compare to her 2 brothers. BUT I do love her to pieces, she laughs as much as she tantrums and thinks almost everything is funny so I try to really savor those moments. Teenage years should be *fun*
Old 06-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #16
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

It doesn't get better at 4 either. Mine is such a smart you know what. He gets it from DH. The worst part is he has a quick whit that you won't believe. He is so quick whited that I am constantly out whited by a 4 year old yeesh. So if mommies get time outs, does that mean I get 32 minutes since my birthday is a little over 1 week away? Lol
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #17
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

I will trade you one 5 year old. I liked 3 better.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #18
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Will you take my 13yo DD in trade?