Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2006, 08:16 PM   #1
jkmohio
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What are testers? How does it work?

I get the basic concept that testers test products that WAHMs are making, but how does it work? Do the testers pay for the product and then get any money back after they test it? I searched for faq's on this and found none.
Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Jen

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2006, 08:22 PM   #2
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Re: What are testers? How does it work?

Generally the testers buy & keep the product... no $ back or anything. Generally it's a way cheaper price than you would pay... like when I have someone test something of mine I generally charge cost of materials + shipping... that way I'm not out $. The testers try it out & usually give FB & answer some questions the WAHMs ask so she can make improvements as needed. HTH
Old 06-13-2006, 08:27 PM   #3
MamaJo
Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Its basically up to the WAHM how she wants to do it. Only those who agree with the deal have to go through with it

I just requested testers for a very small product, not worth charging for really. Even shipping should be less than a buck each. But, I did ask for $5 that will be fully refunded as soon as a person leaves feedback. I did this so that I can insure that I get feedback in the end and that they people testing, really have a need to test it (it was a diaper rash product). I've had bath and body items tested and a lot of people never left me any feedback

Taking a break to focus on God & family

MamaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:39 PM   #4
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJo
Its basically up to the WAHM how she wants to do it. Only those who agree with the deal have to go through with it

I just requested testers for a very small product, not worth charging for really. Even shipping should be less than a buck each. But, I did ask for $5 that will be fully refunded as soon as a person leaves feedback. I did this so that I can insure that I get feedback in the end and that they people testing, really have a need to test it (it was a diaper rash product). I've had bath and body items tested and a lot of people never left me any feedback
What a great idea! Maybe this will help me too. I've done dipes stuff before & starting think people just test so they can get a good deal on a dipe then they run!
Old 06-14-2006, 06:33 AM   #5
jkmohio
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What are testers? How does it work?, thanks CottonMama and Mama Jo

Your post is the one I saw that made me wonder about it. I know you posted about refunding the money and I then got confused about if you normally get the money refunded or not.
I have noticed that some of the tester products seem to be as much as the regular product, or maybe I'm not not adept enough with prices to know what costs what.
I have a foster/adopt baby who has spent more time (with me) in the hospital then with us at home, so I haven't had a huge opportunity to cd, but I do have about 10 FB that we use, when we are lucky enough to be home. (he is multiply handicapped and has just had his 2nd surgery at 6 months old).
Also, I have been playing around with momma pad designs and wanted to test them out, so I was wanting more info.
Thanks CottonMama and Mama Jo!
Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJo