Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #11
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I expecting too much of my 2.5 year old ECer

Thanks for the thoughts. It's amazing how much common sense is nice to hear.

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #12
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

I just started PTing with my LO and he is 18 months. My expectations have really changed a lot over time but now I do not expect him to come to me or even tell me every time that he needs to pee... I don't expect that even some times (though he does many times and that is great! We get really excited about that and it is a big deal! ). I plan on reminding him and encouraging for several more years. I know that is just part of the learning process and I think that we as parents expect our children to be too independent, too fast. I want him to do what he is able but I don't want him to feel unnecessary stress when I am fully able and willing to assist him in figuring all this out. I like being the coach and cheerleader.

I wouldn't worry that he won't do it on his own because you are reminding him. I assure you no 13 year old boys need or want their Mama to remind them to use the potty.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #13
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Honestly I wish at about 20months we had switched to undies. I can't believe I didn't think of it. My son was often telling us he needed to potty even in diapers. Now he rarely ever tells us. I really feel like i missed the boat on that one... so I think you choose a great time to start!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:43 AM   #14
chakakhanchakakhan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

To urinate is a use of muscles. Work his muscles and bladder like anyother work out you are gaining strength and control from in any sport. Give it time and opportunities to strengthen. To hold then pee and shoot out is muscles strengthening. Even when he is done, turn the muscle on and off. Push , stop pushing, push that last drop out if its fun.
chakakhanchakakhan is offline   Reply With Quote