Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
First ever complaint

Update: I believe this is resolved. Thanks!

So I just got my first ever complaint about some diapers that I sold to a mama here on DS. She wants a full refund and to send them back. I wrote back that I would refund her once they got here minus the cost of my shipping. Is that acceptable? I honestly have no clue and am so upset that this has happened!

Advertisement

-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Kristi26; 06-11-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm pretty sure if she ships them back to you, you can not take off the amount of your original shipping per paypal. You don't have to pay for her to ship them back though, that's on her.

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: First ever complaint

I think you have to refund what she actually paid you. She has to pay return shipping though
Old 06-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Really?? They were over $7 to ship to her! So I have to eat that cost too?
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Old 06-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

What's her reason for wanting to return? If it's item not as described she can file and will get her full purchase price back.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
Lammy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia.aline View Post
I'm pretty sure if she ships them back to you, you can not take off the amount of your original shipping per paypal. You don't have to pay for her to ship them back though, that's on her.
I agree with the above statement. But if I remember correctly, when she ships them back she must send it with DC per DS rules.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
Lammy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Was your item listed as ppd? If it was then she paid for shipping, although I understand that if shipping cost more than what you were originally thinking it ate into your profit. Maybe I have ppd confused with something else though?

If it is buyers remorse than I wouldn't want to be out that money either though as a seller.

Either way it doesn't feel good to be in that position mama and I'm sorry that you are having to deal with it!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She said that they weren't described very well and that the elastic was shot in all the diapers. She also said that they smelled. First of all, the elastic wasn't shot AND I even sent spare elastic that comes with this brand in case she felt I was mistaken. Second, they didn't smell. I always strip my diapers before even listing them. I over describe diapers. I don't want anyone to be unhappy. Even with the shipping included, I sold them for 60% of the price...
Old 06-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #9
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So, can you all talk me through this? I have no idea how to go about this. Do I have to have the money in my PP account to be able to refund? Or can it come from my bank account? Do I have to refund all $34, or will I have the option to choose "full refund"? Do I really have to refund the PP fees too? I'm seriously sad... I can't believe this is happening...I know it's just a refund but still...
Old 06-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #10
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I just got your pm and replied, don't stress too much just yet.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote