Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Finally starting to get things "ready"

Finally starting to get things ready for baby I love love love washing all those itty bitty clothes. I know it is totally unnecessary, I but I am washing all his stuff in dreft because nothing says baby to me like the smell of baby clothes washed in dreft.

So nice to hang all those itty bitty outfits and fold teeny tiny socks

Anyone else getting ready?

Advertisement

Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Finally starting to get things "ready"

I was, but then dh's friend came to stay....so I'm back to focusing on getting dd's old stuff ready for the consignment sale. My drop off appointment is in 13 days.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
NurseJessie
Registered Users
seller

I'm thinking this week I'll order one of the pieces for the nursery so I can see the exact color and then we'll get some paint for his room!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #4
Keme
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes! Me too! I washed all the used clothes I bought, and I bought a hanging organizer from Target. DS helped me fold and hang all the little clothes- it was so fun! I forgot how teeny they are at first! Having a boy and being pregnant with a girl, I can't get over all the little dresses and jumpers- so so adorable.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
photocowgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been trying to figure out what I have that will work and what is off by seasons... I have already spent waaaay too much since I already have 2 girls and most of it is used... We've never cd a newborn before and dd2 might still be in diapers part time... although fingers crossed the potty training is making progress... Having your 3rd, you know what you don't like... I donated all our snapping sleepers because 10 snaps in the middle of the night for the dozenth time is not my idea of time well spent... but that meant I had to replace them with zippered ones... We have our crib set up, but lots of cleaning and organizing to do...
photocowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hear you on the snapped sleeper thing!! I decided long ago, those aren't for us. I love sleep gowns for the newbie period.
I haven't bought any clothing. My 10-08 baby is a boy and this baby is a boy so we will be able to re-use everything I think. I do need to get a few items for warmer weather though. It is still real warm here in October. ODS was born in Illinois and October in Illinois is quite cold lol.
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
dannic
Registered Users

I don' really need to buy anything either, but did add some aden and anais blankets.
I got out ALL my kids stored clothes to go through today. I try to save the nice stuff because kids are expensive to clothe, lol. I saved my older sons baby clothes for 8 yrs before he got a brother, but I was so glad I had as we had hit a totally tough financial spot and couldn't afford new stuff. Anyway, I have been organizing them and purging what I don't want to keep, ect. Fun. Except I am tired now and still have a few sizes to go tomorrow...
I love baby laundry, EXCEPT baby socks, lol. They are the bane of my baby career existence.
dannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #8
photocowgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, the dreaded baby socks... I think maybe I'll just buy a couple packs of white socks that all match...

I had a friend let me in early on her garage sale... total teeny cuteness for so cheap... she has such good taste too
photocowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not at all ready to start getting ready. If I had to buy everything, then I'd already be doing that, but I don't really need to.

BUT, I do need to get a futon (a comfortable one, not one of those horrendous metal ones) to put in the baby's room for those early awful months. We're going to get a full-size good quality one so we can use it as a guest bedroom later on.

I also need to get the spare room's closet organized to put DDs stuff in there.

I don't think I'm going to get all the baby stuff out of the attic until August. Anyone else on my schedule? I kind of feel like a procrastinator!
Old 06-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #10
dannic
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by photocowgirl View Post
Oh, the dreaded baby socks... I think maybe I'll just buy a couple packs of white socks that all match...

I had a friend let me in early on her garage sale... total teeny cuteness for so cheap... she has such good taste too
I seriously contemplate tossing baby socks and buying THEM new eahc child...they get lost sooo easily and it drives me batty!
dannic is offline   Reply With Quote