Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2012, 01:07 AM   #21
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: S/O What to pack in the "go bag" for a birth center birth?

Ahhhhh, witch hazel pads. They are essential!

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #22
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by el's mama View Post
Ahhhhh, witch hazel pads. They are essential!
LOL

Y'all have convinced me.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #23
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkaskaggs View Post
great info about the witch hazel...i'm going to try that for sure.

one thing my mw recommended was bringing some sort of casserole or meal to heat up after the baby is born. this is my 1st birth center birth so im still not sure what to pack. i suppose it also depends on what time the baby is born?
I just brought snacks last time, and then hit drive through on the way home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAnnaTime View Post
Food is a good idea. I don't know how your BC is, we get spoiled at mine. The nurse made apple crisp while I was getting ready to deliver, so it was ready after I was all cleaned up and snuggling Eisley in bed. (The other option was chocolate cake- I was in transition when she asked which I wanted and my head immediately snapped up and said "apple crisp!" very intensely. In my head I was worried she would accidentally make the chocolate cake, lol.)
Yeah, now THAT'S spoiled. LOL
My BC has a kitchen we can use.. so DH COULD cook for me if I asked him to. But I'll just bring some snacks.. maybe I'll get a box of my favorite brownie mix and have him make them for me. LOL

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #24
oneduckstuck5
Registered Users

I got the witch hazel near the pharmacy section in wal-mart. I guess it was near the first aid stuff as someone suggested. I'm trying to remember exactly what was around me but quite frankly wal-mart overwhelms me and I just can't remember!

I need to have my baby at the BC where they made apple crisp! I thought we were spoiled this time because I delivered with my midwife at a small, low-key hospital and we were the only ones in the birthing suites. I guess apple crisp tops that! Although they did bring in a table and chairs and plastic wine glasses and served us a nice meal with sparkling juice which certainly didn't happen when I delivered my last few at an enormous hospital.

Mom to:
ds14, dd11, ds8, dd7, dd 2, & ds 1 (2nd reversal baby)' expecting #7 April 2014
oneduckstuck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #25
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneduckstuck5 View Post
I got the witch hazel near the pharmacy section in wal-mart. I guess it was near the first aid stuff as someone suggested. I'm trying to remember exactly what was around me but quite frankly wal-mart overwhelms me and I just can't remember!

I need to have my baby at the BC where they made apple crisp! I thought we were spoiled this time because I delivered with my midwife at a small, low-key hospital and we were the only ones in the birthing suites. I guess apple crisp tops that! Although they did bring in a table and chairs and plastic wine glasses and served us a nice meal with sparkling juice which certainly didn't happen when I delivered my last few at an enormous hospital.
Thanks.

And sounds nice.

God bless!