Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
BLargy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Weekly chat: Week of June 11th :)

As this summer continues to heat up and I think about laying out in the shade of a tree, I am reminded of how darn pregnant I am! I love to lay on my stomach under my sons tree in the backyard and read while he plays. So I plan on going to the beach soon, setting up an umbrella,digging a hole and putting my belly in it so I can do that.

My hubby is leaving this week to drive down to Tucson and pick up grandmas stuff. I was suppose to go with but Friday I drove in dh's truck and due to the vibrations(its a high horsepower truck....he's a diesel mechanic customers want to see what he can do he takes em for a ride....lol) I bled on Friday. Sooooo I dont get my babymoon trip, or to see my friends in Texas or Arizona. Instead I will stay home watch grandma and my son and get rid of stuff while pack rat hubby is away.

Fathers day will be weird for me...first time I will be celebrating it with just my dad in 6 years! Dh will be celebrating it early before he leaves....worried about him being by himself on fathers day. His father gave him away to his grandparents. Grandpa died awhile back and thats who he calls his dad. He started talking to his bio father when ds was born because he didn't want to take a grandpa away from ds..... Needless to say the man hurts my dh every time he talks to him .His dad lives down in Arizona... I dont want him to deal with that on fathers day.

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Fathers day huh? I don't even know when that is. Is it this weekend?
Guess I should look into that...
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
mommato4kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly chat: Week of June 11th :)

Our chat thread is really slowing down!!

I'm not sure what we'll be doing for Father's day this year. DH really wants to go to a park so the kids can swim and he can fish. So, we might be cooking out and enjoying an afternoon at the park.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
girlichick
Registered Users
seller

We are moving this week.. ugh. So far I had to get up at 7:30 (after being up at 1 with DD who was thirsty/had to go potty), then get the kids up to go to swimming lessons at 8:45, after that we tried going to Target and DS had a meltdown, did dunkin donuts drive thru (I needed coffee) and then went to Walmart to buy moving boxes. Oh man I hate Walmart!!! Then we came home, I built the boxes and packed some more, and made them lunch. I have probably 50 large boxes all around my house and a ton more to do. The movers are coming Friday but I am trying to get as much as I can done before then. DH left at 5:30 a.m. to go to work and won't be back until 7:30 p.m. tonight so he is no help. I am sooooo tired!!!! They are napping now and I'm not sure what we will do after that. It is super hot outside (90s all week). Only good thing is that the place we are moving to has a pool... I can't wait!!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Well, I missed giving a mother's day card to my mom and my MIL, so I'm thinking I will skip fathers day for the dad's too to keep it even :-) I plan on getting DH something maybe mostly so he will feel guilty for not getting me anything for mothers day...evil I know!
I like the idea of the hole in the sand!

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lynn- I feel your pain. I am packing too, and very tired.

My dad just emailed me this week after we have had no contact (after a fight) for 9 months. I just find him so selfish and draining... mean of me, but I have to take care of my family. He had 30 years to develop a relationship with me. Now I just don't have the time and energy to go down that road. KWIM? He wants to see us in July, but I'm not sure I'll say yes.

Super-cute, though. The kids bought dh macaroons at the store today for his f day present, and then they want to get him Monopoly- so he can play it with them!

WE FOUND A HOUSE!!! Not perfect- does the perfect house exist? But here it is:

woops, can't find the listing now? Super-great backyard, though. I will get to redo yet ANOTHER kitchen, because this one is absolutely terrible... almost non-functional.

And it was 180K which is very reasonable unless you only need 2 bedrooms. Obviously we needed more than that!

Hope everyone has a great week. Has Martha posted an update?
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
girlichick
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
Lynn- I feel your pain. I am packing too, and very tired.

My dad just emailed me this week after we have had no contact (after a fight) for 9 months. I just find him so selfish and draining... mean of me, but I have to take care of my family. He had 30 years to develop a relationship with me. Now I just don't have the time and energy to go down that road. KWIM? He wants to see us in July, but I'm not sure I'll say yes.

Super-cute, though. The kids bought dh macaroons at the store today for his f day present, and then they want to get him Monopoly- so he can play it with them!

WE FOUND A HOUSE!!! Not perfect- does the perfect house exist? But here it is:

woops, can't find the listing now? Super-great backyard, though. I will get to redo yet ANOTHER kitchen, because this one is absolutely terrible... almost non-functional.

And it was 180K which is very reasonable unless you only need 2 bedrooms. Obviously we needed more than that!

Hope everyone has a great week. Has Martha posted an update?
Boooo. The packing is getting old. It is hard to keep the kids entertained/out of stuff and pack, too. They help, but I feel bad for them b/c there are boxes everywhere!

Father's Day our new godson is getting baptized baby Augustine! We will go to that and then to my parents house to grill. DH will probably go golfing with our DS and maybe our dads on Saturday, too. I got him some cards, one from me and one from our daughters and one from our son. I will prob have them do a picture frame craft of some sort so he can put it in his new office.

Mo, I totally feel you on the situation with your dad.. for us, it is the same situation with DH's mom. She's in the middle of a bad divorce with FIL, and just treats everyone around her terribly. We haven't talked with her since last August, when she accidentally drunk dialed my DH and we heard her arguing on the phone with the guy she was cheating on FIL with :/ that is how we found out she was cheating. AWFUL! Instead of apologizing, she got mad at us. Oh well! She will randomly text DH and it will be anything from "I love you and miss you why are you letting this carry on" to "You are the worst person ever" (but much meaner). Yeah. We have kids to worry about, too... no need to have that kind of toxic in our lives. Sad, but true!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
chach4
Registered Users
seller

I don't envy u guys that r moving.
I'm dreading cleaning the garage (a 2 story storage building basically) which we r doing either later this week or early next.. were getting a sitter cuz its no place for 1 yr old to be playing and we wouldn't get things done, so a friend is gonna take him for a day so we can focus.
Hubby is hosting part of bachelor party in 2 weekends, so were cleaning and setting up for that too. We have bathroom in the garage as well as a kitchonette(cabinets/sink/fridge), which we never use but will for this party, so have to turn water on out there, major organizing/cleaning, and party prep, cooking...
Still fighting a cold and its taken a lot outta me....making it hard to sleep, breathe.

Have fun packing ladies!
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #9
jakeysmama
Registered Users
seller

Mo and Lynn, I don't know how you two do it! I couldn't imagine packing to move right now (and dealing with family drama on top of it!).

Not much going on here, just terrible allergies that are adding to the exhaustion. Other then that, things are going well. I just had a newborn shoot today and it was so great to cuddle a little bitty newborn. And she kept smiling in her sleep. If I were her parents I would be printing a giant print of those sleeping newborn smiles I can't wait to meet my little munchkin. 30 weeks this week!! I still have a ton that I'd like to get done.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #10
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So tired today. We got back sunday after a 20 hour drive back and forth from TN. This am I had to work but it was about 1 hour away from home so I had to get up at 0600 after being used to sleeping tilll 0800 or later.
31 weeks this week. Baby has moved way up over the past week and I can see the baby's butt moving and my belly gets all funny looking. Nesting has kicked in full blast. I have been working on replacing elastics and putting on snaps on diapers, making wools, and embelishing things. Then tonight I reorganized the baby's diapers and clothes. Now I just wish I could get my husband to help with the projects that need to be done like the trim that I have been waiting 6 months to be done or the bathroom that I've started repairing walls on but he wont help get the toilet or sink out so that I can repair the walls around the sink and repaint. I think I am just going to end up doing everything myself except I've never done plumbing. I just get so frustrated. He comes home from work and litterally turns the Tv on without so much as a hello and watches tv for 5-6 hours straight. I had to beg him to come down to the basement so he could help sort things for the garage sale. He has like 4 computers down there that are too old to actually sell for anything and broken printers and cords everywhere.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote